NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do know what you mean. It hasn't made sense to me either. I thought one of the relatives said she spent some weekends with them. I am not sure LE trusts info coming from the family as they have asked for help from outside the family. At least EB knew she would move again soon as that was her way of living for quite some time so they had her in school until May. Did they enroll her in school here as soon as they came to the states. How many moves in that time?

Is it possible that someone from the school attended also? Or signed Zahra up for a slot ?
Medical neglect is taken seriously and perhaps that was make or break deal.You prove you are attending to Zahra's needs or we will be speaking again! Maybe they attended just to get the school and/or DSS off their backs and out of their business.

in reference to the article about AB leaving in a hurry and KB not knowing where they lived. Are the dates right in that article?

When did AB move to USA? I read one place 2010. Thensupposedly he married EB in 2008 and moved here.

Does anyone know which is correct?

"He and his daughter moved to North Carolina in 2008 after he married Elisa Baker, whom he had met on the Internet."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/26/AR2010102602561.html

I belief the 2008 report is correct. I am not looking for links tho for folks unless the topic sparks a line of thought I want to follow right now tho, sorry.

I for one don't care to have a link everytime. Thank you for answering me.

EB always moved.

Probably due to fights.

Maybe due to drugs and staying too long would create a hot spot, speculating.

My train of thought today is on the BB video and anything related to the communicating threats...:waitasec:

I don't think she moved because of fights, but rather to avoid bill collectors and notices for bad checks. Those kind of things have to find their way around through the mail. It is hard to track down anyone who moves a lot.

I don't think she moved because of fights, but rather to avoid bill collectors and notices for bad checks. Those kind of things have to find their way around through the mail. It is hard to track down anyone who moves a lot.
So true.
LE can't serve a warrant, if they can't find you!

Just some general bond info I found that is about NC. Read if you wish, ignore if not :)
Okay let's look at this:

How Do Bail Bonds Work in North Carolina? A North Carolina criminal lawyer explains
Byline D. Cheston, criminal lawyer

http://www.articlesbase.com/law-art...arolina-criminal-lawyer-explains-1784188.html

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2010/oct/29/more-evidence-taken-home-ar-492127/

Snip:
He was arrested on charges unrelated to the disappearance of his daughter and jailed under a $7,000 secured bond.[/QUOTE]

What is a secured bond:

http://www.investorwords.com/4435/secured_bond.html

Again snipped from MSM article linked above:
Baker bonded out of jail Wednesday after bondswoman R. Potter of Plan B Bail Bonds posted his bail.

Bondswoman name is printed in MSM. I edited because I wanted to, all she did was post bond no biggie.

Plan B Bail Bonds:
http://local.yahoo.com/info-61131796-plan-b-bail-bonds-rutherfordton

Just general info and I used AB's info as an example.

What I'm curious about is what type of bond does EB have? TIA.

So true.
LE can't serve a warrant, if they can't find you!

And especially when there are no family members who they stayed in contact with for LE to contact to try to track them down.

My thoughts about AB being a Mama's boy was that maybe EB was the first time he didn't listen to mom's advice and that's why the sudden departure from OZ, the no contact once here and one of the reasons he won't say anything. He can't let mama be right again.

yes, digital ones can be reset by computer. The tubes replaced and new earpieces.
The VA told me when my husband dies the gvernment still owns them and I must give them back to be used again................
VA told us his cost over $5,000.

Kids have many avenues that will cover the cost of hearing aids,but EB might not have realised that and believed she could sell them.They ARE expensive ,but why would a parent buy them used when they can get the pay't covered at no expense to them?
I'm leaning toward pressure /scrutiny by the school and /or DSS as being the reason they attended.

And Passionflower.....I will be looking at my son's future aides closely for signs of wear !!!! I had no idea they would be recycled!!!!!
Actually ,my boy recently got an upgrade to higher quality aides and they did not request his old ones back.Maybe that's a VA thing. I appreciate it,since it is a cost savings.: ) Hope your hubby is wearing them for a long time to come........

Info for ALL our VALUED :newbie:s.... and anyone who has missed it in the fast moving conversation:

Zahra's case does not have an individual forum yet.

This doesn't mean WS does not value her life or think her case is important. As a comparison, Caylee Anthony's case was over 60 threads and some months old before it became a forum. (Part of us don't want Zahra to have a forum, because if the case is resolved quickly we will not need one for her.)

In the meantime... On the first post of the first page of every thread in Zahra's case, there is a link to a "media and timeline" thread. Many good MSM references there, links to photo archives, etc.

We :blowkiss: our noobs cuz we were all there once upon a time!

Tehcloser does this mean talking to the media?
the no contact once here and one of the reasons he won't say anything. He can't let mama be right again.

because I have to say, has anyone thought that maybe they have been asked NOT to speak to the media?

wfgodot
I have read them but cant comment atm I am still waiting to be verified. I will add that the police have ALL legal docs and medical records.

Mountain_Kat
I am a family friend and once I am verified I will be able to post more comments.
As much as I want to hear everything, please be careful and stay safe.

because I have to say, has anyone thought that maybe they have been asked NOT to speak to the media?

Well the media, LE IDK, I guess what I meant was one of the reasons he might deny his part of the crime?

I'm not sure yet how to quote, but someone said:

s it possible that DSS was visiting and only interviewing the stepmother and Zahra since Adam was presumably at work?

It's unlikely. DCF would want to interview all of the family members, unless they fell through the cracks. Which we all know happens.

okay AB signed in today agan on his my space.......it is private but does tell you the date he last logged on.

because I have
to say, has anyone thought that maybe they have been asked NOT to speak to the media?

Not responding the question posed to teh.

Bolded respectfully.

It was reported as late as Oct 26 IIRC that AB did not have a lawyer yet.

That does not mean he didn't have one. That means that the reporter wrote with the info that he/she had.

I do not know when AB got his lawyer. I am under the impression that Killian has either been retained or is working pro bono.

I have not seen that AB went before the court to claim indigency in order to be assigned a lawyer. He was not assigned a provisional attn as was his wife EB. (MSM article dated today).

Now, IMVHO I would wager to say that AB has been instructed at this time not to speak to media by his attn. If his attn hasn't instructed AB not to do that, I would be very very surprised.

JMHO.

ETA: Had to delete a second posting of this....got a weird reaction out of the board that I've never seen. Sorry about that. I alerted and asked a mod to fix my broken quote. I can't through editing.

I think what tehcloser is asking or at least what I am wondering is with it being reported in press that AB's family did not care for EB AT all, if the lack of contact between AB and his mum AFTER HIS MOVE TO US was because he was unhappy with the situation in america but didn't wan't contact with mum cause that would be3 admitting she was right about EB.

ETA please know I do understand if you have been asked not to say or discuss but your responses to posts do sort of invite questions. :) and welcome back btw

I hope LE is reading AB my space, who he talks to and what he talks about

I was reading Zhra had a wheel chair at first, then wondering if her pro. leg was to small and to short or damaged, she would be confined again to a wheel chair, no wheelchair.....bedridden............any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim