TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged with Murder - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so horrible, I just keep feeling inside this woman is HATE.

I totally agree with you BB. Based on her past criminal actions, and Jonathans death - I can't even consider her to be human. There's a dark heart there that no one can explain. I'm afraid we'll never get the answer as to why.

My blessings to Jonathan and his family.

Mel

I have no idea who installed the camera and your other questions except to give my opinion that it was 6pm when she dumped the body, so how dark is it in Texas at 6pm? Here on the EST it is dark, maybe she didn't even notice the camera. My guess is she went driving and just decided to pull over there. Unless this neighborhood she knew someone in that neighborhood and was thinking to frame them. She did try to implicate others as reported in the presser.

The lead detective in the early part of the press conference answered my question about the security video.

He said a passing motorist on Tuesday morning, Dec 28 at approximately 10 am spotted what looked like a body in the ditch and the assigned detectives who responded to the scene determined that it may be related to the missing boy judging by the size of the body.

Detectives began an on-scene investigation and found out that a business named Rolled Alloys have security cameras that record so they went and obtained the tapes from the business. (The business did not spot the incident when they reviewed the tapes and contact LE). Thank God Rolled Alloys didn't erase the tapes or tape over them. When LE viewed the tapes, they saw someone driving a silver truck dispose of what could be a body around 6 pm on December 24th.

These detectives then forwarded a photo of the truck they saw in the security video to the detectives working on JF’s case. who were in the process of questioning MN at her place. LE were able to obtain a probable cause warrant based on the mounting evidence they found at the home.

If MN was fired, maybe she was angry with her employer?

They said so today at the press conference, that was no accelerant used on the body, and she was a welder they are surmising he was burnt with acetelyne torches

:furious::furious::furious::furious:

My heart is breaking more than it was last night. I think I need a valium!

Mel

BBM - been off for a few hours, sorry. Is there a link that indicates that Jonathan was burned with a welding torch?

All the best,

Mel

It wa sin the presser. I dont have the link handy but Patty posted it a short ways back. HTH

Funerals and such:

Does anyone know what the plans are for a memorial? Is there a fund set up? This young boy needs the best funeral that money can buy (IMHO). He should be honored on earth as he will be in heaven.

Jonathan needs to rest in peace, and a proper burial can do just that -- with love and hope surrounding him.

Has anyone heard of any plans?

Bless,

Mel

this part kills me, i keep thinking what could they have found that has shaken them up this badly..

"Once we arrived at her house, we stumbled into a wealth of evidence – evidence that showed that Jonathan’s body was burned at the residence. Evidence that showed, perhaps, the items that he was burned with. Evidence that had us fairly shaken up in collecting it," Miller said.

Investigators said they found burned carpet and twine—similar to material that was found with the body—in Nelson’s home, as well as other physical evidence in a trash can.

They also found welding torches.

Miller said the killer did not use an accelerant to burn Foster’s body, and the welding torches were being tested for evidence. 

http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html

Does anyone feel that Mona DIDN'T act alone? Hit the thanks button.

I feel she didn't act alone.

Personally I think Mona acted alone. The confusion in the beginning could be because AD,DD and others have a mistrust in LE. Common in a druggie environment.
Many probably had something to hide that could land them in jail or they knew certain things about other people that could get them in trouble and vice versa, totally unrelated to Jonathan's abduction though. Mum or minimal info is the word in such an environment, you do not want to be labeled as a snitch, LE lover. Self preservation comes first.
They just did not realize the life threatening trouble Jonathan was in and obviously did not peg Mona as a dangerous predator.

Funerals and such:

Does anyone know what the plans are for a memorial? Is there a fund set up? This young boy needs the best funeral that money can buy (IMHO). He should be honored on earth as he will be in heaven.

Jonathan needs to rest in peace, and a proper burial can do just that -- with love and hope surrounding him.

Has anyone heard of any plans?

Bless,

Mel

These same thoughts were just going through my head.
He deserves to be honored.
Maybe one of the admin/mods will find out and we can do our part for this precious angel.

jmho

I don't have words for this. I just want to cry. How can you kill someone with a WELDING TORCH!!! That is inconceivable to me. How did the whole building not hear screams I can't even imagine or smell the burning. I don't believe in the death penalty,however, if she gets the chair it still will be kinder that what that poor child got. She's inhuman!!! I am beyond angry. I can't get the thought of Jonathan's suffering out of my head and heart.
PattyG, I subscribed to your you tube and friended you. I'm Benoitbabe.

Just a note: Not all stepparents are bad. My mom's stepdad raised her from a year old and loved her as his own. He was the only dad she ever knew and the only grampa I ever knew. Let's give DD and other stepoparents the benifit of the doubt a little more in these cases. This board tends to be hard on them. IMO

BBM - been off for a few hours, sorry. Is there a link that indicates that Jonathan was burned with a welding torch?

All the best,

Mel

http://www.khou.com/news/Police-Woman-charged-in-boys-death-a-cold-soulless-murderer-112682194.html

SNIPPED:

Investigators said they found burned carpet and twine—similar to material that was found with the body—in Nelson’s home, as well as other physical evidence in a trash can.

They also found welding torches.

Miller said the killer did not use an accelerant to burn Foster’s body, and the welding torches were being tested for evidence. 

I don't have words for this. I just want to cry. How can you kill someone with a WELDING TORCH!!! That is inconceivable to me. How did the whole building not hear screams I can't even imagine or smell the burning. I don't believe in the death penalty,however, if she gets the chair it still will be kinder that what that poor child got. She's inhuman!!! I am beyond angry. I can't get the thought of Jonathan's suffering out of my head and heart.
PattyG, I subscribed to your you tube and friended you. I'm Benoitbabe.

Just a note: Not all stepparents are bad. My mom's stepdad raised her from a year old and loved her as his own. He was the only dad she ever knew and the only grampa I ever knew. Let's give DD and other stepoparents the benifit of the doubt a little more in these cases. This board tends to be hard on them. IMO

They don't know what the for sure COD is, however they do NOT believe he was burned to death.

These same thoughts were just going through my head.
He deserves to be honored.
Maybe one of the admin/mods will find out and we can do our part for this precious angel.

jmho
Yes,I agree he does deserves to be honored.Rest in peace little Jonathan.Fly Jonathan Fly.Justice will come for you.It will.

I am not completely caught up reading but here it goes, Mona has been in the system for years and I also would imagine so has her DNA, with all the forensics that go into a crime science, I just cannot see her being able to go around and killing numerous people without a hit on her DNA....Now as far as doing it alone I for one am having a hard time with that, If she knows she is busted dumping the body why not just fess up to the whole mess, I know the needle and I get that but sitting a lying thru your teeth and having no remorse is going to get you that already, so you may as well just put up or shut up, If you can do the crime do the damn time.

Was collecting DNA retroactive and what are the parimeters of collecting DNA in Texas? Has she been recently convicted of a crime that would warrant DNA collection? Mona's DNA may not be in the system at all.

OT- Those local to Jonathan's area, can you pm me with florist recommendations please :( I don't know anyone else to ask and I don't trust teleflorists, sorry for the OT.
ETA: I'd like to send something when funeral arrangements are made public. that's why I'm asking :(

FWIW

I have always had respect for LE doing their investigation of a case and never once did I ever post anything negative about LE.

However, today, I felt that the "power of suggestion" was flashing before my eyes using flash cards that read: "predator, serial killer, torches".

Plant a seed and watch the tree grow!

This is just how I felt personally.

IDK, I can't imagine LE wanting to open that can of worms unless they had a good reason. It's the reason LE waits on cases like the Grim Sleeper to do that. They will be fielding hundreds if not thousands of tips.

I can't remember if this was posted earlier or not?

Nelson is no stranger to the legal system. She has a lengthy criminal record.
1984: Nelson was convicted of aggravated robbery in Harris County. She was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
1997: She was convicted of theft by check in Daingerfield, Texas. She was also found guilty of theft in Mount Vernon, Texas, and served 30 days in jail.
1998: She was arrested on a charge of operating a stolen vehicle.
2001: Nelson pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana. She served 29 days of a 30-day sentence.
2002: Nelson was convicted of possession of marijuana in Collin County.
2004: She was convicted of making a terroristic threat in Mount Vernon, Va.
2005: Nelson was convicted of criminal mischief in Mount Vernon, Va.
2006: Nelson was arrested on a battery charge in St. Charles Parish, La.
2008: She was arrested on a charge of assault on a family member in Mount Pleasant, Texas.

There is also a slideshow memoriam of Jonathan (menu on left of pg)

<snipped> http://www.click2houston.com/news/26319669/detail.html

Much more at link

Yes,I agree he does deserves to be honored.Rest in peace little Jonathan.Fly Jonathan Fly.Justice will come for you.It will.

And mgardner so graciously brought this up first.
We need to do what we can.

jmho

OT- Those local to Jonathan's area, can you pm me with florist recommendations please :( I don't know anyone else to ask and I don't trust teleflorists, sorry for the OT.
ETA: I'd like to send something when funeral arrangements are made public. that's why I'm asking :(

That's totally not OT. If we can find the funeral home, then we can send flowers there. I would like Jonathan surrounded by beauty, and know that all his friends here at WS are here for him.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure the media will be forthcoming in the burial plans soon.

Hugs,

Mel

That's so nice of you...considering the size of Houston, I would find out where the services will be held first and then contact the funeral home and ask...sorry, but I wouldn't know where to begin with florists in that area...if all else fails, i will call the florist I use out my way and get the info to you...will that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k.e.williams