2011.01.03 - Motions Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
HJBP: (legal mumbo jumbo about non compliance)...the court can do... certain things. :floorlaugh:

3.220 sanctions reads

anytime party fails to comply with a discovery rule/order the court can do things:
court will order following
expert witnesses shall provide written reports within 7 days of the date of this order
must contain following

complete statement of all witness will express and data for them

Finally saw CA, on the Defense side.

cindy.jpg

best shot I have so far!

Experts to file reports within 7 days. Complete statement of opinions expert will express and reasons. Any data used in forming opinion or conclusions.

Why is the defense "team" writing furiously as if they don't already know these rules!!???

Casey writing on her yellow legal pad, clenching jaw, breathing deep, staring down HJBP as he orders defense

OMG--we've been working so hard, we've worked so many hours!! What a disgrace he is to all lawyers!! I work for a firm and I am just seething. We have to hit our deadlines and we have had to go through boxes of freaking discovery....ARRRGHHH. Anyone else out there that works in the legal field wanna join me in a b-slap of the defense team????

I used to paralegal and while none of our cases were quite as heavy as this one, I still lack the understanding of how they can't meet their deadlines. It's DISCOVERY, hello! You get it DONE.

Any opinions not in reports will not be allowed in trial.

info in 7 days or not allowed at trial.

if an opinion is not expressed in the report or depo - that opinion will be disallowed at trial

sanction for violating court order

costs in bringing this motion and Atty's fees against JB

Is that? No money sanction?

"Defense is in willful violation of not complying with the court's order"

Santions = expert witnesses shall provide written reports w/i date of order

1) complete statement and reasons for them
2) any data/conclusions
3) opinions not expressed will NOT BE ALLOWED to be testified to at trial. If that opinion is NOT expressed in the report it will not be allowed.

Santions = defense will pay for all costs incurred by SA for this action.

And this is what it was all about...Baez wanted more money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member