GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me the obvious line of enquiry is the boyfriend.

Just because he has receipts, etc. proving he went to Sheffield does not mean that he was not in Bristol when she was killed. She might not have died until after he returned from Sheffield.

Is it possible that JY went into her apartment on Friday evening, stayed in to clean up all weekend as she had planned and lived until Sunday evening?

He might well have called her but her mobile might have been switched off in her bag - not unusual.

He was home in Bristol for 4 hours before reporting - enough time to argue and snap followed by hasty disposal. Wasn't there a snowfall the evening of 20th?

jmo

there now, you've said everything I just wanted to say while catching up on the last 2-3 pages I've missed today.

I hate to be the [unusual person] who points my finger at a grieving person but IMO they have NOT cleared the BF in ANY way whatsoever to my satisfaction. they havent even told us her most likely time of death! they have not released the contents of her stomach and most of all, they seem to have NO CLUE as to why the killer would remove her from her home IF she was killed at home! and with them pulling up floorboards and spraying chemicals into the place for fingerprint evidence that in my SO humble opinion should have been done days ago...I'm putting my money on her being killed at home. did they bring in cadaver dogs????

and I am going to be one very angry woman if a killer walks free cause the police round those parts dont seem to read websleuths often enough :(

Motorways in the UK have CCTV cameras everywhere - if he said he left at a certain time they could check cameras en route to plot his journey, and any stops.

As he would have initially been the prime suspect, I'm sure they went through his movements with a fine tooth comb.

JMHO.

This is correct. The Police even have licence plate recognition technology in certain busy roads. They would be able to know if he went on the motorways and it would be highly suspicious if he did not.

i have been stuck at home so have logged onto different newspapers to see what they have to offer...
think mirror,sun or daily star told me about health club membership.
i know the area well....used to live in bristol.....
likewise account of landlord demonstrating inappropriate stalking behaviour to young woman in library and in sainsburys....same tabloids, i think.

i belong to holiday inn and there is no one at all like landlord in our gym...
think he looked down on physical exercise so why join.....

also, did it out of area so no one from clifton area wd recognise him.
filton is much more down market area....and he does seem to be a bit of a snob....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Rachel_McLean

Here's a link to a b/f murder's girlfriend.

and another one

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+killed+my+Valentine+girl,+says+boyfriend.-a0132168869

I watched a documentary on body language analysis of people that appear in televised appeals that have then turned out to be guilty..... this guy had tears pouring down his face, as soon as I saw GR at that appeal my mind instantly went to the above referred to.

Been announced that there is a press conference to be held at 9.30am GMT tomorrow.

I think someone who knew Jo had a lot more reasons to move her body out of the apartment than a stranger would have had. Just to distance themselves and make it look like a stranger. But since it seems to be likely she made it home first, that may be the person's downfall, if eventually caught.

i have been stuck at home so have logged onto different newspapers to see what they have to offer...
think mirror,sun or daily star told me about health club membership.
i know the area well....used to live in bristol.....
likewise account of landlord demonstrating inappropriate stalking behaviour to young woman in library and in sainsburys....same tabloids, i think.

i belong to holiday inn and there is no one at all like landlord in our gym...
think he looked down on physical exercise so why join.....

also, did it out of area so no one from clifton area wd recognise him.
filton is much more down market area....and he does seem to be a bit of a snob....

Does the gym at the hotel have a pool? Possibly a sauna and/or steam room? As due to disability I am unable to use gym equipment but have and do enjoy aforementioned facilities.

Also, the LL being interested in blonde women seems fairly unlikely and just like idle tittle tattle to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Rachel_McLean

Here's a link to a b/f murder's girlfriend.

Sgt Jones,

Thanks for that. I witnessed an attempted murder by a spouse in open air. The guy in question started stabbing his GF at lunchtime on Clapham Common. I and 6 other guys manmaged to stop it. It was all about her deciding to leave him.

In court, it was later revealed that he had made 3 different murder plans: throwing off beachy head; poisoning; and the last option was stabbing in public. Similar profile, I hate to say, to the BF in this case. His car broke down and he couldn't get her to get into a train with him.

Whilst this chap in my case had made murder plans, he had not made good plans for concealment. I suspect that making plans for concealment would have made him uncomfortable about his murderous thoughts.

I know this isn't the only template for BF murder of GF, but these two cases reveal poor concealment on the part of the murder.

It would be someone else.

Question: are GR's parents/family rich?

If her body was found dead in the apartment upon GR's return then he would have reported it immediately. Joanne being allegedly missing meant that he had 4 hours - FOUR hours.

jmo

Sgt Jones,

Thanks for that. I witnessed an attempted murder by a spouse in open air. The guy in question started stabbing his GF at lunchtime on Clapham Common. I and 6 other guys manmaged to stop it. It was all about her deciding to leave him.

In court, it was later revealed that he had made 3 different murder plans: throwing off beachy head; poisoning; and the last option was stabbing in public. Similar profile, I hate to say, to the BF in this case. His car broke down and he couldn't get her to get into a train with him.

Whilst this chap in my case had made murder plans, he had not made good plans for concealment. I suspect that making plans for concealment would have made him uncomfortable about his murderous thoughts.

I know this isn't the only template for BF murder of GF, but these two cases reveal poor concealment on the part of the murder.

It would be someone else.

Question: are GR's parents/family rich?

Not sure about his family, but her family put her through private school and uni, so they must be comfortable. I did wonder if she had life insurance through her job and what her 'expression of wishes' might be.

Glenis Caruthers link:
Not sure of the exact detail on this but my Sis in UK is telling me that she read in the Sunday Times this week that Glenis was attending a 21st birthday party in Bristol the weekend she was murdered. (1974) The birthday girl is the neice of the guy who lives on the 3rd floor of c/js apartment block. (the 78 year old guy). Haven't read this anywhere else and did a search but nothing is coming up. Anyone got anything on this?

Glenis Caruthers link:
Not sure of the exact detail on this but my Sis in UK is telling me that she read in the Sunday Times this week that Glenis was attending a 21st birthday party in Bristol the weekend she was murdered. (1974) The birthday girl is the neice of the guy who lives on the 3rd floor of c/js apartment block. (the 78 year old guy). Haven't read this anywhere else and did a search but nothing is coming up. Anyone got anything on this?

Now that would be a coincidence if true ??

[FONT=&quot]B/F met J/Y for lunch, she tells him she wants to call it a day, he’s very upset by this news, she goes back to work and meets up with her workmate in the pub, he’s told her he is going to visit his brother, the car is frozen, its freezing cold, better to stay home, but he can t bare the thought of the weekend knowing its all finished, so he’s going anyway, car won't start, gets help from the LL to jump start his car, starts on his way, the further he gets the more upset he is feeling, decides to turn back, talk to her, hope she’ll change her mind, waits for her on her way home, picks her up, she’s made her mind up, she is not changing her mind, things get out of hand, he can t believe what’s happened, dumps the body quickly on the side of the road, drops her things back in the flat, leaves for his brothers house, the cat (Bernard) was left without any food for the week end, so ate the pizza, the LL popped in to check on his property, saw the cardboard box and put it in the bin lol, I think I have a good story for a book now. [/FONT]

You were doing really well then until Bernard ate the pizza .....

For me the obvious line of enquiry is the boyfriend.

Just because he has receipts, etc. proving he went to Sheffield does not mean that he was not in Bristol when she was killed. She might not have died until after he returned from Sheffield.

Is it possible that JY went into her apartment on Friday evening, stayed in to clean up all weekend as she had planned and lived until Sunday evening?

He might well have called her but her mobile might have been switched off in her bag - not unusual.

He was home in Bristol for 4 hours before reporting - enough time to argue and snap followed by hasty disposal. Wasn't there a snowfall the evening of 20th?

jmo

You know what, this is the first thing ive read so far that makes any sense.

Joan Smith has a vitriolic piece in the Independent:

How about telling men, not women, to stay indoors?
In the wake of Joanna Yeates's murder, why is the onus placed on only one half of the population to make radical changes in their daily routine?

---
I was going to write that it's incredible, in the 21st century, that the police are still issuing this thoughtless and insulting advice to women. Sadly, it isn't: it's easier to impose an unofficial curfew than to think about how the streets can be made safer, even if that means accepting the astonishing proposition that our cities and towns are no-go areas for women during the hours of darkness. Could there be a more damning indictment of the police in this country?
---
It isn't a big step from telling women to stay indoors at night to questioning why we have to go out at all during the hours of darkness when a murderer is "at large". I mean, are we stupid? Guilty of "contributory negligence"? In Bristol, women are already telling reporters how frightened they are in their own homes, let alone on the streets; they don't know what to do and the situation has been exacerbated by confusing and contradictory messages from senior officers on the Yeates investigation. A "suspect" has been released on bail and suddenly there is talk of more than one killer; it still isn't clear whether Ms Yeates was followed home by a stranger, let someone known to her into the building where she lived, or confronted the killer inside her flat.
---
Now senior officers in Bristol appear to be treating local women like Victorian ladies who are accustomed to needing chaperones. In 1977, women students in Leeds responded by organising the first Reclaim the Night march in this country, and similar demonstrations were soon taking place in other towns and cities. The message – that women would not be terrorised off the streets either by the Ripper or the police failing to do their job properly – was unambiguous.
---

the rest, at
http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...ng-men-not-women-to-stay-indoors-2175960.html

and another one

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+killed+my+Valentine+girl,+says+boyfriend.-a0132168869

I watched a documentary on body language analysis of people that appear in televised appeals that have then turned out to be guilty..... this guy had tears pouring down his face, as soon as I saw GR at that appeal my mind instantly went to the above referred to.

Been announced that there is a press conference to be held at 9.30am GMT tomorrow.

Oh, THANK YOU!!!

I did not want to sound silly although I did initially say I was suspicious of the BF because he was hysterical.

The crying:

Picture of Greg Reardon the first day or two:

http://newsserve.net/i/20101223/144-Boyfriend-of-missing-architect-Jo-Yeates-sobs.jpg

[Sorry if I'm being obtuse]

Detectives insist Greg Reardon, 27, is being treated as a witness after they revealed the 25-year-old architect was strangled before being dumped.

Greg told police he was in Sheffield. It is the first time he has been publicly ruled out as a suspect.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22812756/

This is a great example you've posted.

Notice the detectives insist GR is "treated as a witness".

THEN, the Mirror UK goes on to suggest that it means that it is the "first time he has been publicly ruled out as a suspect". Even though law enforcement never said that. LE only said he was being treated as a witness.

The newspaper writer projected something not said.

Oh, THANK YOU!!!

I did not want to sound silly although I did initially say I was suspicious of the BF because he was hysterical.

The crying:

Picture of Greg Reardon the first day or two:

http://newsserve.net/i/20101223/144-Boyfriend-of-missing-architect-Jo-Yeates-sobs.jpg

[Sorry if I'm being obtuse]

One of the things that really struck me, was, in the video on this link; immediately after he lays his flowers, he wipes his hand and then hides them under the sleeve of his jacket, where they remain, everyone except him and his brother have their hands on display (his brother's are half in his pockets)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...spicious-death-await-post-mortem-results.html

One of the things that really struck me, was, in the video on this link; immediately after he lays his flowers, he wipes his hand and then hides them under the sleeve of his jacket, where they remain, everyone except him and his brother have their hands on display (his brother's are half in his pockets)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...spicious-death-await-post-mortem-results.html

Very interesting.

BTW, I was fascinated when the detective who cracked open the Susan Smith case [she rolled her children into a lake]. He was asked when he knew she was guilty. He said, "when I saw her cry".

I felt this way when I saw GR cry. He is crying exactly like Susan Smith cried:

Very interesting.

BTW, I was fascinated when the detective who cracked open the Susan Smith case [she rolled her children into a lake]. He was asked when he knew she was guilty. He said, "when I saw her cry".

I felt this way when I saw GR cry. He is crying exactly like Susan Smith cried:

This is the only moving image of that press conference, the full bit where he is speaking seems to have disappeared from the internet, I find that really odd..... dont want him to be able to remember what he said??..... or to be used in future court case?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newsvideo/8219528/Family-appeal-for-missing-Bristol-woman.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther