TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, just gonna say it.... (for those of you who were taking bets, pay up)

They are HRD DOGS (HUMAN REMAINS DETECTION DOGS)

Not Cadaver......

That was the Picton Pig farmer case, missing women in the red light district of Vancouver. The worst part wasn't that he did that, it was afterwards when the community found out because he would sell the pork or give sausages etc. to community bbq's.

Thank god he was found guilty. I don't think that story has anything to do with this one, i followed it pretty closely and actually do have crime library printouts (i often want to read in bed) and now the book on the case. I was surprised that it didn't get much attention on forums because it was a fascinating case.

Oddly because of that case i believe BD was interested in true crime. It was a pretty esoteric one, especially since it happened in Canada

I agree with you....the Pickton case is the reason I believe BD was interested in true crime too. I read the story on that case several months ago after hearing about it somewhere because of my own interest in such cases.

Not Cadaver......

No offense, Sarx... but I think cadaver dogs is a widely-used 'layman's' term that makes communication easier among us non-professionals than 'HRD'... Just sayin'... :)

http://cadaverdog.com/
http://www.illinoissearchdogs.org/capabilities/cadaver_dogs.shtml

http://www.csst.org/
ETA: I did find this site which made it clearer to me that HRD dogs have NEVER been trained to search for a live person, while cadaver dogs have been cross-trained? However, I have a hard time with acronyms... so please understand if I just say 'cadaver' dog. Thanks. :)

Not Cadaver......

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question...but what is the difference between the two? Would you mind explaining, please? TIA.

You all are seasoned sleuthers. Very impressed at the way you all think and pick up on the slightest thing which is huge. So, kudos people! - JMO

My question is ... if you could ask SA and/or BD any ONE question, what would it be? - TIA

Where did you put Hailey?

You all are seasoned sleuthers. Very impressed at the way you all think and pick up on the slightest thing which is huge. So, kudos people! - JMO

My question is ... if you could ask SA and/or BD any ONE question, what would it be? - TIA

I have 2 that come to mind... either one would mayby suffice?

1) Who might the other "persons of interest" be?

...investigators are looking at several persons of interest, including Shawn Adkins.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/new-evidence-sheds-light-dunn-case

2) "Do you have any idea who the other individual is that was given the lie detector test... and failed?"

IMHO

I am on the fence with the mom, I just feel like she knows something. She keeps repeating, "Hailey is not in her home" which to me is a weird statement to be making. It just the way she words that that is not right in some way.

Where is Hailey?

Gosh, I'm so behind in my reading i'm on #16. Please slow down on the writing, I actually fell asleep while reading last night...lol I hope they are closer to finding Hailey!!!

Done that the last several nights even up to 4am trying to catch up...
Gave up this morning and decided to start with the current thread ;)

Was watching ID TV this afternoon and there was a case about two children being found murdered and the step-father was the prime suspect. At some point during the investigation a prisoner came forward and said that this stepfather was told his wife was having an affair. The prisoner said he asked what he was going to do and he said, when someone hurts you, the best way to get back at them is to hurt the ones they love. So could it be possible the two, BD and SA had a huge fight and he did something to HD to get back at BD?

Also, could BD be so terribly afraid of SA and his friends that she is afraid to tell what she knows or suspects has been done. He is terribly scary and at one point did threaten her and HD. Maybe he even told her he had the daughter and she better not tell LE or he and his "friends" would get her too.

No offense, Sarx... but I think cadaver dogs is a widely-used 'layman's' term that makes communication easier among us non-professionals that 'HRD'... Just sayin'... :)

http://cadaverdog.com/
http://www.illinoissearchdogs.org/capabilities/cadaver_dogs.shtml

belimom, I understand what you are saying. But I believe the reason why sarx is repeatedly trying to make the distinction between 'cadaver' and HRD dogs is because 'cadaver' dogs is a term that has 'aged out' so to speak among professional SAR for a specific reason. The term cadaver leads the general public to think of dogs who are trained to find entire bodies. HRD is a further clarification, which discerns dogs trained to alert to ANYTHING that might indicate remains of a human. Such as bodily fluids, parts, evidence of- etc. Sorry to be graphic, but the distinction is important in court, should a case go to court and involve detection of remains as opposed to a body. Kwim?

ETA: we could start a SAR dog related thread to clear up these things? Then people could just refer to that to understand the specific investigative tools being used?

I don't think Chet, I mean Shawn, is a suicide threat like Markoff. Markoff was ashamed and hid his fetishes and fantasies about violence. SA wants everyone to see what he's into and openly admires serial killers. I think if he goes to trial and it's televised, he'll consider that quite a life accomplishment. JMO.

belimom, I understand what you are saying. But I believe the reason why sarx is repeatedly trying to make the distinction between 'cadaver' and HRD dogs is because 'cadaver' dogs is a term that has 'aged out' so to speak among professional SAR for a specific reason. The term cadaver leads the general public to think of dogs who are trained to find entire bodies. HRD is a further clarification, which discerns dogs trained to alert to ANYTHING that might indicate remains of a human. Such as bodily fluids, parts, evidence of- etc. Sorry to be graphic, but the distinction is important in court, should a case go to court and involve detection of remains as opposed to a body. Kwim?

Thanks Oriah.
And yes, it may still be common, but is not correct, and hey, no better time than the present to start making the change right?!

I am on the fence with the mom, I just feel like she knows something. She keeps repeating, "Hailey is not in her home" which to me is a weird statement to be making. It just the way she words that that is not right in some way.

That home thing struck me weird too. I typed this out this morning on very little sleep and decided not to post it because I was feeling a bit :crazy: After some sleep, I'm still feeling the same way:

Let me just say that I cannot keep up with these threads and actually sleep, eat, etc. :) I'm sure whatever I say has already been said.

I totally believed Billie in the beginning, then I started to waiver, then I believed her again, and now I'm not feeling too good about her after seeing NG last night. I really wish NG would let people talk. So what if your experts don't get their face time. Who cares let the person on the hot seat talk until they start to get self serving and then cut them off. Please don't put words in their mouths either. Not just NG on that one but a lot of interviewers.

I felt a little odd when Billie had said the night before she peeked in on Hailey to "ease her mind". Odd wording in my opinion, but I let it go.

Last night, I was letting her go on the unanswered evasive answers, however, she when made the statement about how the cops had come to her house and wanted to dig under it and she, what seemed to me, excitedly?, proudly?, saintly?, told them that she sure could find a way under the house and they could go for it. (not her exact words) I lost my belief in Billie right there. I mean she has to know what they are looking for. Why did this seem to make her happy rather than "OMG, yes I know a way under, but WTH are you looking for." Oh jeez, I can't tell you how upset I would be if someone wanted to dig under my house (where I am living) when my child was missing. Missing daughter and digging put together just gives me the chills no matter what. Whatever, I just felt like there was something off with her and she's selling something I have bought but am returning at this point.

I thought maybe she was just trying to cover up kinky sex, or drug usage, and some possible fighting, but I fear it may be worse that that. :( I also noted the experts last night were trying to spoon feed her about how she should be acting and she didn't seem to get the hint.

When I first saw her, I thought she looked like a druggie but she spoke so up front and seemed so honest that I blamed it on crying and stress and felt she was telling the truth. She also didn't do that high pitched cry/talking thing that most liars do.

I wasn't impressed by grandma either. Her explanations as to why she didn't like Shawn were weak and sounded rather petty. Of course, we know he's creepy as all get out, but she didn't. She just didn't like him, however, her dislike coupled with her conversations with Hailey and the fact that I don't think she really did much of anything to get the child out of the house leaves me feeling that old familiar cold feeling. No pass for you grandma.

I feel bad for Billie's friend that posted here, this is either breaking her heart to read all this negativity or she's lost faith in Billie too. Neither is good and she seemed like a nice well rounded person :(

I can't say how much I really didn't want to feel this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname