TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I believe the walking with the child and being seen that day was a lead in for last night's red earring spectulation.I would prefer what LE has to say and who thier suspect is,not spectulation to throw suspicion off SA.In reality the gf said Hailey spent the night with them Saturday,Hailey took her earrings off and they couldn't find one.She had put them next to the couch and I imagine one got up under it when they moved it was there.Then towards the end of NG Bd said she thought Hailey might have had them on that day.She had not seen Hailey Monday.

Why didnt the G/F say anything about the earing before ?

The earrings are part of Hailey's last seen wearing desciption. This is really really odd.

On T.V ,posters etc.. Why wouldnt the g/f tell Billie this before now so the information could be updated?

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=76136

Too bad, so sad for Billie. Clint hasn't been named a suspect in the disappearance of his daughter.....her live in lover has. The one she just spent an "awesome" past 6 months with. So...she can just keep on guessing. Maybe someone will explain it to her.

It is definitely not normal for them to completely disregard the other parent, esp. given his history. I bet they did search, just didn't have to have a warrant because he gave his permission. And ALL family members should be given a polygraph. Why they haven't poly'd Clint and the g/f is a mystery to me. It has nothing to do with being a suspect... sometimes searches are what leads them to suspect someone.

Since it's been stated LE has surveillance of CD,his gf and Hailey in two stores that Sunday,maybe one of the videos can tell if she had her earrings on or not.

One thing that I do not understand is the fact that LE has had as many inconsistent statements as BD. They do not take any witness seriously,

I guess I understand the neighbor DP from information we have gained but just do not understand LE saying no one saw her on that Monday. I watched a video of the hairdresser and there is no reason reason not to believe her, She is not some old crazy lady who gets her days mixed up. She is a hairdresser and would know if she fixed someone's hair on Sunday or Monday. She has known Hailey for a LONG time and would know her if she saw her. I know the time does not let us know what happened with Hailey but it does not match what LE states that they can not confirm that anyone saw her that day.

Maybe if they took the witness seriously, talked to them again, someone would remember something like if SA car was there around the time the pings indicated.

The search warrent was not issued until the 6th.

I cannot find anything about the Texas Rangers until the 13th.

So yeah, when did LE talk to the Neighbor?

The earrings are part of Hailey's last seen wearing desciption. This is really really odd.

On T.V ,posters etc.. Why wouldnt the g/f tell Billie this before now so the information could be updated?

We don't know what has been detailed in interviews and from what I see they're closing in on SA and suspicion is trying to be deflected from him.IMO Which makes it more suspicious the red earring is being brought up publicly.It's like it's being played out in the media,tit for tat,you show the 911 calls,I'll tell about the red earring.The earring was found when CD moved out,I'm sure CD and the gf were questioned when it was turned over to LE.

Quick question.. Everyone keeps saying LE needs to search Clints...why hasn't Clint's house been searched?..

According to this post, his house *was* searched -- and I think more than cursory, if you go back and read the whole post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5992697&postcount=58"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #13[/ame]

And I'll tell you,if it hadn't been for SA being named suspect,the cellphone pings,leaving work as he did and some other things,CD would be the one I'd look at.I think he would be completely justified in getting his child out of there.

BBM- I'm not Soulmagent but...May she did and LE has asked them to keep quiet about it but the earring news did come out anyway???

Kinda of O/T, but today I was reminded about how things can look one way from the outside world and be a totally different thing in reality.

I am a single mom and just this week the CIS worker at my dd's school pulled her aside to make sure everything was alright in her world. This is because my neighbor noticed that she doesn't seem to be playing outside as much lately and asked them to check up on her. Well, this is easily explained. I work 2 jobs and she goes to an after school program sponsored by her school..so they know where she is all day long. I get off work and pick her directly up from there but then after making sure homework is checked & corrected etc, darkness has started to creep in and there is NO WAY she will be even playing in our driveway during dusk...it is time for dinner, bath, etc.. Add this to the fact that after making sure she was dressed appropriately for school today (cold front coming in so it means extra layers, thicker coat than a hoodie..) she showed me that she had cut out two hearts and then cut out peace signs in the middle of the hearts. She had made an envelope for them and had written her teachers name on the outside. She told me that she was getting ready for valentines day early and wanted to take them to her teacher. Of course I said ok.
I immediately thought of the stuff being said here about how sad it was that Hailey showed affection towards her teacher. Yes, with the stuff we have learned about Hailey's home life it probably was a cry for help in her case, but it isn't always. Someone not aware of all of the TINY details of my story that wouldn't even be worth mentioning would put that my daughter had been checked up on, and loved her teacher enough to make her stuff = terrible situation at home. Not always the case. My daughter is just very loving and loves to draw and cut stuff out, LOL!
Maybe I'm rambling..but I felt that these events have helped me to remember all is not how it seems.

I am praying for Hailey to be found today!!

Sorry for my long book of MOO and stuffs..

I don't think Clint should be named a suspect based on anything we know. I am however curious about some of the vagueness surrounding the investigation where he is concerned. Curious, not suspicious. I think LE has good reasons, but I have an inquiring mind! Having said that, I feel it's quite possible that there has been a boatload of evidence against SA from the start, things we don't know about yet. They may have ruled out some of those close to Hailey very quickly after honing in on SA. To name someone a suspect as quickly as LE did with SA says a lot to me. :twocents:

I don't think either of the parents should be named a suspect, because I don't see a motive for either one of them to harm Hailey. SA does seem to be the most likely candidate for suspect status. However... it's usually normal procedure to look at the parents first, so they can clear them and move on to someone else. And by looking at them, I mean search their homes, cars, whoever is living with them or closely connected to them. And certainly give them a polygraph. Polygraphs are not just for judging whether someone is lying or not... sometimes very good information can come out of them, if the polygrapher asks the right questions.
I am in no way suggesting that Clint or his g/f had anything to do with Hailey missing. Just to be clear on that.

I agree, the timing of the earring being brought up is not a coincidence. I think it is bull that SA could have known whether or not she was wearing earrings or not when he claims that she left within 15 minutes of his arrival, if we are accepting of his timeline.

We don't know what has been detailed in interviews and from what I see they're closing in on SA and suspicion is trying to be deflected from him.IMO Which makes it more suspicious the red earring is being brought up publicly.It's like it's being played out in the media,tit for tat,you show the 911 calls,I'll tell about the red earring.The earring was found when CD moved out,I'm sure CD and the gf were questioned when it was turned over to LE.

I don't know how it is in Texas,but where I live a 13 year old has a say in where she lives,if a home can be provided and approved by CPS.He didn't have a place for her to stay with him,but I'm sure there were other family members she could have lived.I don't think BD had much of a problem with Hailey staying with other people as Hailey did a number of times last year.As it was CD lived close,got to see her everyday,she spent many nights with him,so why would he change that and hide her where he couldn't even see her?I don't see it,but anything is possible.

Kinda of O/T, but today I was reminded about how things can look one way from the outside world and be a totally different thing in reality.

I am a single mom and just this week the CIS worker at my dd's school pulled her aside to make sure everything was alright in her world. This is because my neighbor noticed that she doesn't seem to be playing outside as much lately and asked them to check up on her. Well, this is easily explained. I work 2 jobs and she goes to an after school program sponsored by her school..so they know where she is all day long. I get off work and pick her directly up from there but then after making sure homework is checked & corrected etc, darkness has started to creep in and there is NO WAY she will be even playing in our driveway during dusk...it is time for dinner, bath, etc.. Add this to the fact that after making sure she was dressed appropriately for school today (cold front coming in so it means extra layers, thicker coat than a hoodie..) she showed me that she had cut out two hearts and then cut out peace signs in the middle of the hearts. She had made an envelope for them and had written her teachers name on the outside. She told me that she was getting ready for valentines day early and wanted to take them to her teacher. Of course I said ok.
I immediately thought of the stuff being said here about how sad it was that Hailey showed affection towards her teacher. Yes, with the stuff we have learned about Hailey's home life it probably was a cry for help in her case, but it isn't always. Someone not aware of all of the TINY details of my story that wouldn't even be worth mentioning would put that my daughter had been checked up on, and loved her teacher enough to make her stuff = terrible situation at home. Not always the case. My daughter is just very loving and loves to draw and cut stuff out, LOL!
Maybe I'm rambling..but I felt that these events have helped me to remember all is not how it seems.

I am praying for Hailey to be found today!!

Sorry for my long book of MOO and stuffs..

So true, things aren't always what they seem but sometimes they are.....ya just never know.

Two questions.

One. Is it legal in Texas for LE to name a minor who has been taken out of the home?

RUPA MIKKILINENI, "NANCY GRACE" PRODUCER: Nancy, that`s what I was told by a police spokesperson, Pete Kempner. He told me yesterday that D. was in child protective services, as far as he knew. He confirmed again that as far as he knew today, that was still the case.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

Two. Who leaked the story about the earring?

Don't see any new articles in bigcountrynews or Ktxs,maybe later today.

Trying to locate the house on google maps, just out of curiosity really. I'd like to look at the backyard. Does anyone have a description of what the house look like please?

The Sighting by JB:

From January 4:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html
BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening -- it was already dark -- walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening.

Guess the video didn't check out and so that must have been discounted, as police said there was no confirmed sighting of Hailey on Monday. Then it changed to....

From January 19:
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332696
JB claims she watched the pair walk down the alley that leads to the Dunns between 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 that afternoon.

I can see why police think this may not be a reliable sighting, considering that the time keeps changing.

Two questions.

One. Is it legal in Texas for LE to name a minor who has been taken out of the home?

RUPA MIKKILINENI, "NANCY GRACE" PRODUCER: Nancy, that`s what I was told by a police spokesperson, Pete Kempner. He told me yesterday that D. was in child protective services, as far as he knew. He confirmed again that as far as he knew today, that was still the case.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/19/ng.01.html

Two. Who leaked the story about the earring?

CPS can't give details on minors cases,LE can apparently if they did to media.It's my belief BD leaked about the earrings to NG,never said it in the news.

After reviewing posts and alerts I feel it is time to remind everyone a few things:

Remember we NEVER SLEUTH MINORS

If this happens like it has tonight I will close this thread for good. It is not worth dragging an innocent CHILD through the mud. That is how serious I am about this rule.

What if it was your child, by no fault of his/her own, who was brought up on Websleuths and sleuthed? I would hope you would lose your mind with anger.

And the bashing, attacking and telling others how to post has got to stop. It just does. End of comment.

You guys, I HATE DOING THIS because I know you all mean well. I appreciate your passion for Hailey. We all want to bring her home.

From my heart I thank you for all you do. Let's keep the focus on Hailey where it belongs.

Tricia

:bump:

We are not sleuthing or speculating about minors.

:tyou:My thoughts go out to all those preparing for another long day of searching. All the energy and love going into these searches for Hailey is the counterpart to the dark side of human nature that led this beautiful young girl to be harmed in the first place. So grateful to all those out there who are lending a hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52