TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adults in the house:

1. Father.
2. Father's friend.
3. Grandfather.
4. Grandfather's girlfriend.
5. Godmother (presumably friend of the mom?).
6. Mother.
7. (?) other grandparent (mom's mom or dad - since grandfather had his girlfriend over?).

Children:

1. Joshua.
2. The 6-year-old.

Somewhere, I thought I read that mom had gotten up from watching the movie to check on a younger (?) sibling? Does anyone remember that? There was also a picture of a little girl seen near dad in the link provided yesterday with the photos of the house/search. Who is this? She didn't really look 6 to me, but I could be wrong.

<snip>

Meanwhile, family members continue to wait and hope, and say while Joshua did wander out of the home, they believe there is more to the story.

"There is no scent of the baby walking away. Obviously somebody had to have taken him, because they have scent of him in the yard, but not of him wandering off. So somebody had to have picked him up, or something, you know, that's what I believe," said Olivia Fernandez, the boy's aunt.

more here

http://www.ksat.com/news/26795647/detail.html

Weren't dogs able to trail Laci Peterson to the bay area from her home? She obviously hadn't walked away either. :waitasec:
I agree someone may have taken him though. Praying Joshua is found soon.

Question for SARX..
What if he'd been taken from the home is something air tight, large rubbermaid garbage can,? 18 gallon tote.. something like that with a secure lid.. No scent would be able to escape right??? which would leave the dogs scratching their heads because there would be no scent..
But like someone else said.... why weren't they tracking previous/older scent form when he's been in the yard playing...?
the HRD dogs didn't hit on anything we've heard of either..... that leaves me to ASSume he was alive when last in the house....

I just don't know what to think.. just typing out loud.....

I would assume that the parents have checked to see if anything was missing from the home. Specifically the asthma medicine? I know he didn't have a coat on so again am assuming they have his coat and shoes.

(NOT saying this is what happened) but IF someone that was in their home took Joshua they would have known he had asthma right? These were all family & friends. MOO.

I don't see how the dogs can be trusted if they did not pick up any scent of the little boy; there should have been a scent from earlier in the day or the day before, whenever he last left the home with his parents. And if there is truly no scent outside, that would mean he is inside, which hardly seems likely at this point.

I am just stunned that he cannot be found. I think they may have waited too long to expand the search to two miles. Even if Joshua did not walk out and leave on his own, someone may have taken him a short distance away and left him, outside the original one mile radius. I think (and fear) he is out there, not too far from the home but more than a mile away.

Question for SARX..
What if he'd been taken from the home is something air tight, large rubbermaid garbage can,? 18 gallon tote.. something like that with a secure lid.. No scent would be able to escape right??? which would leave the dogs scratching their heads because there would be no scent..
But like someone else said.... why weren't they tracking previous/older scent form when he's been in the yard playing...?
the HRD dogs didn't hit on anything we've heard of either..... that leaves me to ASSume he was alive when last in the house....

I just don't know what to think.. just typing out loud.....

I'm not Sarx (sorry...) and Sarx may correct me, but I think SAR dogs can pick up a scent even if in a container, or a car, or under water, etc.... I guess it depends on the dog, the handler, and their training. (Okay, that last sentence - I'm really talking about stuff I don't know about)

I don't see how the dogs can be trusted if they did not pick up any scent of the little boy; there should have been a scent from earlier in the day or the day before, whenever he last left the home with his parents. And if there is truly no scent outside, that would mean he is inside, which hardly seems likely at this point.

I am just stunned that he cannot be found. I think they may have waited too long to expand the search to two miles. Even if Joshua did not walk out and leave on his own, someone may have taken him a short distance away and left him, outside the original one mile radius. I think (and fear) he is out there, not too far from the home but more than a mile away.

bbm

I wonder when the last time was that anyone outside that group saw him...? Or, outside the parents? I wonder if the others in the home remember him taking his dad's hat off?

Just questions - thinking out loud.

Has it been said how long mom and dad have been together? It looks like they are not married. Joshua is 18 months, so she got pregnant when he was about 10/11 months old. I'm trying to get a grasp on how "tight" this family was. Did they hang out together a lot? Everyone get along well? I'm sure LE has looked into that angle...or at least I hope they have.

I still can't get over the dogs not being able to track him. The child had a diaper on for goodness sakes! Anyone who has had any kids knows that an unchanged diaper for a period of time is going to have a strong odor.

Has it been said how long mom and dad have been together? It looks like they are not married. Joshua is 18 months, so she got pregnant when he was about 10/11 months old. I'm trying to get a grasp on how "tight" this family was. Did they hang out together a lot? Everyone get along well? I'm sure LE has looked into that angle...or at least I hope they have.

I still can't get over the dogs not being able to track him. The child had a diaper on for goodness sakes! Anyone who has had any kids knows that an unchanged diaper for a period of time is going to have a strong odor.

Question on this, I'm seeing conflicting reports on what he was last wearing. I swear I saw somewhere jeans and a shirt, and I've seen a diaper, am I losing my mind?

Question on this, I'm seeing conflicting reports on what he was last wearing. I swear I saw somewhere jeans and a shirt, and I've seen a diaper, am I losing my mind?

I've read the jeans and shirt, but surely he had a diaper on underneath the jeans. I highly doubt he was fully potty trained at 18 months.

Yes, there is still going to be scent if someone is put in something. It's going to be there somewhere. The only way there is going to be no scent is via aliens beeming a person up.
And yes, I am with all you who can't figure out why they couldn't find any scent or trail. This was the child's home. That speaks volumes imo.

I'm sure he was wearing tan pants and a couple shirts, BUT at 18 months i' positive there was a diaper on under the clothes.

Dad took 3???

Ok i first read about multiple poly's in Hailey Dunn's case and now i see it again.. is it normal to give them till someone passes????
Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

http://www.kens5.com/home/related/Missing-toddlers-dad--115595439.html

<<Snipped>> Asked if all 7 adults from the house had been given the poly - Josh Sr first said 'Yes, I took 3'... but then added 'mom was not given the test because she is pregnant' she wanted to be tested but was not.

I had never heard that about pregnant women but found this:

http://www.professionallitigationservices.com/polygraphfaq.asp#errors

Can a pregnant woman undergo a polygraph examination?

Pregnancy does not affect the outcome of a polygraph exam unless the fetus is making excessive movements or causing pain to the mother. As a standard practice, for liability reasons only, we do not examine a pregnant woman. Exceptions have been made in the past as long as the mother knows and waives any liability on the part of the examiner and Professional Litigation & Polygraph Services, LLC. If an examination is required, a note from the woman's physician stating that there are no complications from the pregnancy and that the stress of undergoing a polygraph would not impact the health of the mother or fetus may be required prior to the examination.

I've read the jeans and shirt, but surely he had a diaper on underneath the jeans. I highly doubt he was fully potty trained at 18 months.

A blue and red long sleeve shirt and a grey long sleeve t-shirt, a beige and white onesy and beige jeans, and black and white socks.

Exactly - No one in their right mind puts a "Onsy" on a toddler who uses the potty - (learned the hard way :crazy:).

Stress could bring on premature labor i suppose.. and after about 34 weeks, things are soo cramped that every time they move it's either into the ribs or onto your bladder and it is uncomfortable... so i guess i can see why she didn't.

Woke up this morning and it was 45, it is now 25 with a very cold wind blowing and sleet. Where is this poor baby? I fear there is something we are missing here. I watched the interview from NG that I had dvr'd. Something just is gnawing at me on this one...something ain't right.

BBM Most definitely, something ain't right!

Additional FBI agents arrived Tuesday from the agency's behavioral science unit in Quantico, Va., and were reviewing the information that had been obtained earlier in the investigation, Penshorn said.
"They specialize in cases involving missing children."
Seven FBI agents are now on the case. The other agents also have experience in such cases, he said.
"They're providing expertise regarding missing children and also have access to additional resources, which I'm sure we'll be utilizing in the near future."
Texas Rangers and representatives from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are also helping in the investigation.
Penshorn said all of the participating agencies have concurred with the NBPD's actions in the conduct of the investigation.

http://seguingazette.com/news/article_6f33b942-3464-11e0-9a8c-001cc4c002e0.html

Color me crazy, but typically the BSU doesn't show up for cases of children that wandered away. And it seems that even a routine update has now become an opportunity for the local LE to play CYA. That's never good. The focus should never be "We did all we could." It should be, "What we have done is not enough, because he isn't home yet." When the comments about LE all supporting each other in a case start flying this far in...it just makes me nervous.

BBMBecause LE has seen the same displays of emotion...or should I say lack thereof, that we have seen. :banghead:
Something is sooooo not right with the story of how Joshua disappeared. jmo

Tan jeans, a 'ONSY', 2 long sleeve shirts and black 'n white socks.

Exactly - No one in their right mind puts a "Onsy" on a toddler who uses the potty - (learned the hard way :crazy:).

LOL!! Agreed!!

There was also mention of a "baby in the other room" with the grandfather... that Joshua was "interested in." I never heard the 6 year old was in the room with the grandfather. I never heard a single word about where or what the 6 year old did.

That's why I wonder so much... if the 6 year old closed a door someone left open, not realizing Joshua had gotten out. Or if the 6 year old opened a door that nobody knows he opened and Joshua got out.

So I'm not sure if there was another baby in the house that night or not, but I have not heard Sabrina mention the 6 year old. Just the 7 adults and the "baby in the other room."

There has been kids all over there since Joshua went missing. That 6 year old is the only other sibling.

I was reading on a news blog that Joshua has a brother that is 6 years old.Is this true?
http://www.kens5.com/home/Missing-toddler-Wandered-off-or-abducted--115405634.html

Yes.

HOw old is the mother???
Oy Vey
:banghead:

The 6 year old does not appear to be Sabrina's. It appears to be her stepson. There have been conflicting reports on this with some reporting she is expecting her third child, but I'm pretty sure that they just grouped this little boy in there. I think Sabrina is actually expecting her second child and all together they have three. The 6 year old appears to be from a previous relationship of Dad's.

I believe the parents are 21/23.

I would assume that the parents have checked to see if anything was missing from the home. Specifically the asthma medicine? I know he didn't have a coat on so again am assuming they have his coat and shoes.

(NOT saying this is what happened) but IF someone that was in their home took Joshua they would have known he had asthma right? These were all family & friends. MOO.

They would have needed to take the equipment too, not just the medication. Unless they themselves have the equipment already. So if the medication was gone, but not the machine I'd be looking at anyone who would already have a machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000