TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
beli,
More good info. Isn't it interesting that now we hear that the child was in eyeshot of an adult at all times.

Excellent question about the clothes they wore that night. imo

What better alibi than a house full of people when the child vanishes. I wonder what the others (besides the parents) have said about when they last saw him? MOO

Well, once again - surprised by getting new info on NG's show...sounds like Lt. P. admitted there's something hinky here & LE got the clothes that mom & dad were wearing that nite...not much, but something.

ETA: and the info on the inside front door open, outside front door closed when LE on the scene last Fri.nite.

Wish the new info was they have good leads or tips on what happened to this precious little boy. :(

That is why I believe Joshua did not walk out of the house. Too many different dogs and none of them hit on his scent outside. MOO

And there is the fundamental problem in my book. "none of them hit on his scent outside", huh? So, it's been a month or more since he's been outside to play, to go to the car, to anything? Day to day activities, even in the past weeks would have left a trail for the dogs to follow.

I so wish we knew more info about the person (friend) who went out for a short period of time, during this gathering at the house. I'm more than suspicious of the coincidence in the timing of that. Speaking of timing, has anyone thought about the possibility that because Mom was so close to having another baby, (boy) that someone could have thought now would be the perfect opportunity to take little Joshua. Maybe a person that individual might know, who might not be able to have children. :twocents: I know it sounds far fetched, but it is an angle that I just can't get out of my mind. Joshua seems like such a beautiful and charming child...I just hope we find him soon.

Regarding taking clothing of the parents (right-off); I don't read anything into that but they were following proper procedure(?) from the start judging by the different cases I have followed, it is very common.

Regarding taking clothing of the parents (right-off); I don't read anything into that but they were following proper procedure(?) from the start judging by the different cases I have followed, it is very common.

I didn't read into that either. Just glad that LE is covering all investigative avenues.

Transcription of the parents statements are done. It's long, so would it be better to wait for a lull in discussion?

What better alibi than a house full of people when the child vanishes. I wonder what the others (besides the parents) have said about when they last saw him? MOO

I've asked that question a few times... I wonder when the last time someone else saw him. It is conceivable that the other adults arrived that evening and were told that he was back with the mom - and that was it. I'm sure LE knows all of that info but it's something I've wondered about.

Transcription of the parents statements are done. It's long, so would it be better to wait for a lull in discussion?

Anytime is fine with me! And TIA for your work! :)

eta - wait until the new thread opens!

And there is the fundamental problem in my book. "none of them hit on his scent outside", huh? So, it's been a month or more since he's been outside to play, to go to the car, to anything? Day to day activities, even in the past weeks would have left a trail for the dogs to follow.

But, I thought they didn't hit outside his yard but did inside his yard. Didn't the father or mother say on NG that the dog hit in the yard itself? Sarx if you saw it, what do you make of the comment? I am so confused on this issue.

I've asked that question a few times... I wonder when the last time someone else saw him. It is conceivable that the other adults arrived that evening and were told that he was back with the mom - and that was it. I'm sure LE knows all of that info but it's something I've wondered about.

I'd think at least the grandparents would have wanted to see him, however. MOO

Yes, the truth is so much easier, especially if it really was an accident. But so many times a child has been reported missing only to find out they really aren't and something awful happened to them, which adults think they can "cover up". Maybe that's why I am suspicious in this case also. :( MOO

I am suspicious too. I can't really put a finger on anything more than the situation itself gives me the knot in my stomach feeling.

I think you could be onto something. Joshua could have been long gone when company arrived and they may have been told he was napping and the story went from there.

Add to that the momma being due with another baby in 2 weeks...it all makes me fear for this little one.

Even toilets.

Yes ma'am! I lost one of the most beautiful little girlsthe first yr I was nurse. She was 9 months old. In her walker a ranch style home. Mom JUST walked to the mailbox a neighbor stopped her they chatted for a
min or two. When she came back inside the baby was head down in the toilet
she had pulled herself up and over from the walker. Sooooo sad!

I won't even estimate how many we lost, because they were backed over accidentally. little guy could have gotten out and walked towards a vehicle that was running. A Toddler would head for the red brake lights and boom
Can LE luminol a driveway?

All the parents I know called 911
I don't get why a parent would lie about an accident!

Moo

I'd think at least the grandparents would have wanted to see him, however. MOO

Exactly. I have a three-year-old grandson and an 18-month-old granddaughter. I cannot imagine not seeing them when I first arrived. Even if they were napping, I'd tiptoe in to peek at them.

But, I thought they didn't hit outside his yard but did inside his yard. Didn't the father or mother say on NG that the dog hit in the yard itself? Sarx if you saw it, what do you make of the comment? I am so confused on this issue.

Seems like we have conflicting reports on that.
But either way, there is still going to be a trail outside of the yard, a walk around the subdivision, a trip in the car, a ride in a stroller, kwim?
I will say that babies seem to have a "unique" scent of some sort that needs to be trained on. Training needs to include them walking, being in strollers, being carried, etc. This makes for even more work during training cuz babies and toddlers aren't always easy to come by. Sure dogs without training specifically can do it, but I think it really helps. I'm thinking dogs from prisons and LE don't have much need to train for this (not too many babies escaping from the pen., lol).

There is no verification that there was a problem with getting the proper dogs. I think they've handled everything the best they can - they've called in the Texas Rangers AND the FBI - at this point the latest info says they have 30 FBI agents alone on the case .. I think that's a LOT .. PLUS you have the NB police.. The original call came in as a "wandered away" .. They've had searches continuing every day .. expanding in small increments - which tell me they're being VERY thorough ..

I've lived in Texas for neartly 20 years - all of it in Comal County - and one thing I truly believe is that law enforcement have the best interest of the citizens at heart ...

I think SARX looked at all the canine units they used and he said none of the dogs used were tracker dogs. Only scent dogs which can be unreliable when someone is carried or in a container, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500