What Is the Defense Strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think at this point defense is just trying to save her life. With all the car smells like a dead body, etc. they know there is way too much evidence to prove her innocent. They just want to keep her from the DP. jmo

I think at this point defense is just trying to save her life. With all the car smells like a dead body, etc. they know there is way too much evidence to prove her innocent. They just want to keep her from the DP. jmo

Maybe. But I think Casey is oblivious, and she believes she might just walk away from all of this. I think she is delusional enough to believe that the key to her freedom lies in her maniacal note taking skills. Surely, if she can show the world how mean and unfair LE, her family and everyone was, then they will set her free.

After watching the defense give closing arguments today on the motions heard last week, one strategy is clear. They're going to try and present KC as a scared, innocent child throughout the trial. Everything she did was a result of her being a scared child. :banghead:

I can't stop thinking about poor little casey being alone in a spare bedroom with big strong Yuri. The horror. THE HORROR!

:floorlaugh:

Here's the portion of the hearing Mr. Hornsby is referring to in his blog post.

CM to JBP:

"In my lifetime I was raised not to point a gun at somebody unless you intended to shoot and don't call them a liar unless you can back it up. If I'm gonna call somebody a liar it'll be because they deserve it. More importantly, I'm going to ask you perhaps to give a jury instruction that says part of the theory of the defense is that a certain witness is a liar and I believe you will give that because it's based on a case of the United States v. Alfonso-Perez as I recall about 1972 from the Second Circuit Appellate Court of Appeal. So we understand that we're not just going to willy nilly go out and do something stupid as calling everybody that takes the witness stand a liar. If there's evidentiary predicate to it we're entitled to do it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs0-fPzSH-g#t=11m26s

After watching the defense give closing arguments today on the motions heard last week, one strategy is clear. They're going to try and present KC as a scared, innocent child throughout the trial. Everything she did was a result of her being a scared child. :banghead:

I hope during her part of the closing arguments Linda Drane Burdick has a picture up of the REAL scared, innocent child, and identifies her as such.

CM to JBP:

"In my lifetime I was raised not to point a gun at somebody unless you intended to shoot and don't call them a liar unless you can back it up. If I'm gonna call somebody a liar it'll be because they deserve it. More importantly, I'm going to ask you perhaps to give a jury instruction that says part of the theory of the defense is that a certain witness is a liar and I believe you will give that because it's based on a case of the United States v. Alfonso-Perez as I recall about 1972 from the Second Circuit Appellate Court of Appeal. So we understand that we're not just going to willy nilly go out and do something stupid as calling everybody that takes the witness stand a liar. If there's evidentiary predicate to it we're entitled to do it."

I wonder which witness he refers to here...Yuri, George, Lee...or all of the above perhaps.

I wonder which witness he refers to here...Yuri, George, Lee...or all of the above perhaps.
It seems he has one witness in mind since he says "a certain witness". Also, he says he will have evidence that this witness is a liar and the fact that the witness is a liar will support the defense theory, whatever that is.

It seems he has one witness in mind since he says "a certain witness". Also, he says he will have evidence that this witness is a liar and the fact that the witness is a liar will support the defense theory, whatever that is.

Yes, so that takes me back to my main theory, that George is going to be thrown squarely under a speeding bus.:python:

I can't stop thinking about poor little casey being alone in a spare bedroom with big strong Yuri. The horror. THE HORROR!

Maybe from Yuri's point of view, but I'll bet it wasn't ICA's......:innocent:

Thinking back, way back remember TP the actual bail bondsman who fronted the bond? Remember he posted here and told us something is going to come out to shock us all? I keep waiting for that moment. I certainly hope he wasn't referring to this Miranda carp.

Thinking back, way back remember TP the actual bail bondsman who fronted the bond? Remember he posted here and told us something is going to come out to shock us all? I keep waiting for that moment. I certainly hope he wasn't referring to this Miranda carp.

My guess is that the "shock us all" would be how ICA's parents, given what they know, and given their "devotion" to Caylee, would somehow pretend that none of the 31 days and the grief those 31 days that they were looking for Caylee and did not see Caylee caused them; that those 31 days actually happened; they'd rather the potental jury view those 31 days in favor of ICA, who actually started it all; was somehow not at fault? Just a guess. But still...they chose imo KC over Caylee...and their own integrity and possible freedom (later from any other charges)..."they just wanted information from Casey" Why? If she already told them Zenaida Fernandez (Hyphen) Gonzalez already stole her? because they never believe the whole ZFG story to begin with...because they though ICA would crack once the LEO's showed up...ICA didn't...and they realized they'd rather jump down the rabbit hole to save the one (ICA) that they had covered for SO OBVIOUSLY MANY TIMES in the past than the innocent already gone one (Caylee). Simple. They are covering for a sociopath. Good luck with that folks. JMO.

PS to ICA's parents: She won't ever show remorse. She doesn't feel like she has done anything wrong. She will never love you. She is a grifter. And you were and still are in her way. good luck with trying to get on her "good" side. She doesn't have one. Just many sides that she uses to try and get her way and they have crumbled. JMO.

The way I remember it is TP said he would tell us later about what LE did but it was after they got to town. The last post from him where he got upset and stopped coming here was over him saying that something would surprise or shock us and would be brought out shortly by one of the lawyers.

CM to JBP:

You know, trying to call witnesses under oath "liars" doesn't tend to work out so well when virtually every witness going on the stand (including some defense witnesses) are already prepared to testify (once again, UNDER OATH) that the defendant is a "diabolical" and "pathological" liar. That pretty much everything she has said to everyone has been at least a partial lie. The key word you do not want to do is to draw any further attention to the word liar, lies or that anyone is lying. Because no matter how you try to spin it the jury will compare the witness with the biggest liar in the room... (ok the one that isn't a defense attorney). And that is probably not the mental math that CM truly wants the jury to be doing.

JB's whole line of questioning to GA about whether he would violate a subpoena is sort of disturbing and worrying. Am I reading that wrong, or is there some implied threat or encouraging of illegal action going on there? I mean what happens if GA does not show up?

LMAO!!! In one of their LE interviews where the A's are trying to throw JG under the bus, they both relay the story of coming home and finding a fully dressed ICA in bed with a fully dressed Jesse with Caylee between them and how iinfuriated they both were at that. CA had to calm GA down and tell him she would deal with it. Both then proceeded to explain how out of bounds it was for any man, even a fiance to enter the sacred sanctum that was ICAs bedroom.
There is no way that either CA or GA or both weren't planted firmly at the bedroom door, throughout that bedroom interview, much to the dismay of ICA no doubt. I'm sure she does some of her most convincing work in that setting and was stiffled by them. :innocent::floorlaugh:

he said something to the effect that it would not impact the case......or it didn't have a direct link to the case....something like that........

CM mentioned today? that the defense had only learned about the Miranda issue. I trust BP caught that because if true it means that GA, ICA and her revolving door of lawyers didn't have issue with Miranda until every single other defense had failed.

I wonder what TP was referring to. If JB knew about the Miranda issue and didn't fight for a speedy trial then ICA really does have a claim of ineffectiveness of councel IMO.

You know, trying to call witnesses under oath "liars" doesn't tend to work out so well when virtually every witness going on the stand (including some defense witnesses) are already prepared to testify (once again, UNDER OATH) that the defendant is a "diabolical" and "pathological" liar. That pretty much everything she has said to everyone has been at least a partial lie. The key word you do not want to do is to draw any further attention to the word liar, lies or that anyone is lying. Because no matter how you try to spin it the jury will compare the witness with the biggest liar in the room... (ok the one that isn't a defense attorney). And that is probably not the mental math that CM truly wants the jury to be doing.

JB's whole line of questioning to GA about whether he would violate a subpoena is sort of disturbing and worrying. Am I reading that wrong, or is there some implied threat or encouraging of illegal action going on there? I mean what happens if GA does not show up?

when JB said that....( bolded by me ) first thing that came to my mind was the grand jury indictment that GA had to testify in against his daughter......I felt JB was throwing that in GA face.....as like ya right.....you would do anything to save your daughters life??....making GA a liar on stand.....maybe starting the wheels on the bus a rollin

If I remember correctly, LA said he lied to his sister during their visit. GA said he would lie to save ICA. Yuri said he lied to ICA when he was on the stand. It is truly a toss-up. Which witness do they want to suppress the most?

I think it much more likely they are still trying to pin this on Kronk, we know the whole Anthony family is prone to invention, misrepresentation and subterfuge with the exception of Lee, they left their behinds uncovered for all to see. We know they lie, they know we know they lie and the defense indeed is probably counting on their lies.

IMHO it has to be Kronk he is the only patsy available for the defense to implicate.

when JB said that....( bolded by me ) first thing that came to my mind was the grand jury indictment that GA had to testify in against his daughter......I felt JB was throwing that in GA face.....as like ya right.....you would do anything to save your daughters life??....making GA a liar on stand.....maybe starting the wheels on the bus a rollin

After JB's line of questioning towards GA I believe the defense may seriously be planning to throw him under the bus.Especially when he brought up the smell of death.It was GA that pointed out the smell,they could say he was trying to point guilt away from himself,it was GA that was the last one to see Caylee aside from ICA.They could say all along ICA is trying to protect her father or is scared of him.JB just seems to enjoy it too much when GA gets really angry and once that bus starts rolling GA will realize how misguided his anger was all along .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther