State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a humorous moment right after lunch (before the jury came in). The WRAL camera guy, who hangs around even when he's not allowed to film, has a cold and it appeared to get worse. He was sneezing and blowing his nose a bunch. Well at this one point he blows his nose really hard and it's like a trombone sound. The ADAs turned around and Cummings had this look on his face that was hilarious. Everyone in the courtroom turned around to look in the direction of the little back room where the camera guy was standing (wiping his nose) and giggled a bit.

The camera guy kind of sheepishly smiles and mouthed "WHAT? I have a cold! Gotta blow my nose"

I think we can all agree on this. And it would be a travesty if he committed this murder and was found not guilty due to ineptness by the police department. It would also be a travesty if he didn't do it and was found guilty for the same reason. I still can't get over the data on the phone being wiped out and then going for a search warrant 2 months later for the same phone (knowing it was already wiped). I certainly hope those are not the facts surrounding the phone.

Yep, the erasing of phone and subsequent search warrant has me intrigued. I don't know how you'd erase a BB without actually selecting that option from the BB menu and then that asks for confirmation before delete actually happens.

I guess the prosecution will clear that up if it was taken on the 16th. If they don't say anything, we can assume it was taken on the 12th.

I am pretty sure it was not the 12th.
I vividly recall WRAL news footage of investigators combing the outside of the home taking photos. This was definitely after Nancy's body was found and it became a murder case.

Except right after NC's body was found the Cooper home was taped off and BC left the house. So it does not appear to be at that time during the execution of the search warrant (whatever day that started).

Yep, the erasing of phone and subsequent search warrant has me intrigued. I don't know how you'd erase a BB without actually selecting that option from the BB menu and then that asks for confirmation before delete actually happens.

Is there somewhere that I can look for the information about the phone being erased?

I am pretty sure it was not the 12th.
I vividly recall WRAL news footage of investigators combing the outside of the home taking photos. This was definitely after Nancy's body was found and it became a murder case.

Weren't the photos displayed today from the 12th? These are the photos showing how things were different from the 11th according to JA? So why would you assume the other photos were from a different date? Do you agree that they took photos on the 12th?

Except right after NC's body was found the Cooper home was taped off and BC left the house. So it does not appear to be at that time during the execution of the search warrant (whatever day that started).
Ok, that makes sense.Thanks for the added detail
They found the body Tuesday and the SW was Wednesday.

The photos inside the house were 7/12. I am assuming (but do not know for sure) that the ones of the cars are also from 7/12.

Based on the defense opening statements, you have to enter the wrong password 10 times. It also warns you that the data is going to be erased...so you have to ignore the warning. But then, there is backup data that was also erased (according to the defense) where he had to do the exact same thing (enter the wrong password 10 times and then ignore the warning about all data being deleted). So 20 wrong passwords without a search warrant and ignoring the warning two different times. Then going for a search warrant after the fact (2 months later).

Is there somewhere that I can look for the information about the phone being erased?

It's in the defense's opening statement. Of course that is 3 hours long, so you might not want to sit through all of that.

Weren't the photos displayed today from the 12th? These are the photos showing how things were different from the 11th according to JA? So why would you assume the other photos were from a different date? Do you agree that they took photos on the 12th?

Maybe they did take them on the 12th?
Still, we found the scratches were on his neck and finger, so I guess getting all worked up about long sleeves was for nothing.

Exactly...it's unlikely he would be allowed at the house during the investigation of a crime scene.

It's in the defense's opening statement. Of course that is 3 hours long, so you might not want to sit through all of that.

Thanks! I did find it typing into Google, "Nancy Cooper phone erased". That took me to a defense motion that explains it in detail.

How do you hide scratches behind your neck?
All you can wear is a shirt, and he did.

By the way, there is a big difference in what is hidden by a shirt with a collar versus a t-shirt. That has been part of the argument all along. So that is how you would hide scratches behind your neck...you wear a shirt with a collar. Not a t-shirt.

Based on the defense opening statements, you have to enter the wrong password 10 times. It also warns you that the data is going to be erased...so you have to ignore the warning. But then, there is backup data that was also erased (according to the defense) where he had to do the exact same thing (enter the wrong password 10 times and then ignore the warning about all data being deleted). So 20 wrong passwords without a search warrant and ignoring the warning two different times. Then going for a search warrant after the fact (2 months later).

Thanks. I didn't hear all of the opening statements. From experience, I knew it must take a lot to erase it. My personal experience...dropping it on ground, dropping it so it reboots, dropping it so battery falls out, pulling battery out while it's on, etc. hasn't ever caused the data on my BB to erase.

By the way, there is a big difference in what is hidden by a shirt with a collar versus a t-shirt. That has been part of the argument all along. So that is how you would hide scratches behind your neck...you wear a shirt with a collar. Not a t-shirt.

It's possible that he didn't even realize he had scratches behind his neck until he was asked about it. By then it's a little late to try and hide it.

Thanks! I did find it typing into Google, "Nancy Cooper phone erased". That took me to a defense motion that explains it in detail.

As a citizen (nothing to do with Brad Cooper), it pisses me off that CPD would behave like that. And the search warrant 2 months later feels like cya activity. Again, my opinion here has nothing to do with BC or his guilt. If it really does require that level of effort to erase the data, as well as ignoring the warnings, then that action should almost be criminal (tampering with evidence), especially since he had no right to examine the phone in the first place.

Did you see the red marks the cops saw ?
Do you know if they were low or just below his hairline?
What was he wearing when they noticed them? A t-shirt or collared shirt?

Bottom line is the cops noticed red marks on the back of his neck and did not photograph them. Shame on them, cause Kurtz is now able to apply doubt with a blurry photo.

It's possible that he didn't even realize he had scratches behind his neck until he was asked about it. By then it's a little late to try and hide it.

He wasn't asked about it (at least as far as I'm aware). If he was scratched in a struggle, I would think he would know it.

True. If the cops saw the marks but didn't ask him for an examination, he might have been totally oblivious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther