State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing how defense attorneys are and how evidence can be challenged in court, I was surprised that the CPD weren't more careful on some things. I mean, they left themselves open and it didn't have to be that way.

They could have/should have made a point to follow up quickly on witnesses who think they saw NC running (even if they knew the witnesses were wrong), doing in person interviews.

They should have dotted every i and crossed every t, making sure nothing was left out of any report.

That Blackberry fiasco was just stupid. I'm sure nothing important was on it that had anything to do with NC's murder, but it allows the defense a huge area to concentrate on. Why give them any ammunition if you don't have to?

It's these kinds of errors that provide fuel to the defense, and in a homicide case it's even more vital that every little thing be done correctly and documented correctly and everyone followed up in a timely manner.

ITA! I wonder if they have some dynamite evidence that renders a sheet wrinkle so moot that we will wonder why they ever brought it up?

I know we have a long haul here, and it does seem that they are starting with the light weight evidence, and building. I am ready to see the compelling facts though.

As a side note - I finally left here and found out Billie Dunn has been arrested if anyone else is following that case and hasn't realized that the Hailey Dunn thread is blowing up.

Found a picture on WRAL site of the MBR

172289-bc4-476x360.jpg

Now...see the 2 white laundry baskets stacked on top of each other on the left?

Look on the left side of the baskets, where they are closest to the wall/door.

The green dress Nancy was wearing at the party is sort of hanging out of the bottom basket. Hard to see as it's sitting behind that blue thing.

You can see that the bedcovers are rolled down. CPD does not call this disheveled (because the covers are rolled).

If that's the photo the officer was looking at when he said that the bed did not appear to be slept in ... well, then I'd say he doesn't want to admit the obvious.

This is the bathroom that BC used, showing the Clorox wipes. He also had a container of these same wipes in his office and there is another wipes contained in one other room (I forget which one).

172291-bc6-484x357.jpg

ITA! I wonder if they have some dynamite evidence that renders a sheet wrinkle so moot that we will wonder why they ever brought it up?

I know we have a long haul here, and it does seem that they are starting with the light weight evidence, and building. I am ready to see the compelling facts though.

I was reading a court document today associated with this case and in it was information about hair and grass and other things found in and on the car. That testimony is yet to come.

If she slept on the side with only one pillow that makes it look even more like someone staged it. The covers look as if someone moved them from the side of the bed with two pillows.

Good catch! After you said that I looked more closely, and I think you are right.

Here's the MBR bathroom, showing the 2 spray bottles (one Lysol, the other Clorox without bleach) on the counter, along with NC's personal care items.

172292-bc1-476x355.jpg

Office Hays noticed the 2 spray bottles and thought it looked suspicious.

(Although...my bathroom is a bit cluttered right now and I know for a fact I have 2 spray bottles of cleaners sitting out, so it wouldn't occur to me to be suspicious of that).

I remember when my kids were young that we were very careful about leaving any type of chemicals within reach of the kids. The wife would ensure that all chemicals were stored on shelves outside their reach. It seems odd (or perhaps just careless parents) to have these 2 bottles sitting out in the open.

Knowing how defense attorneys are and how evidence can be challenged in court, I was surprised that the CPD weren't more careful on some things. I mean, they left themselves open and it didn't have to be that way.

They could have/should have made a point to follow up quickly on witnesses who think they saw NC running (even if they knew the witnesses were wrong), doing in person interviews.

They should have dotted every i and crossed every t, making sure nothing was left out of any report.

That Blackberry fiasco was just stupid. I'm sure nothing important was on it that had anything to do with NC's murder, but it allows the defense a huge area to concentrate on. Why give them any ammunition if you don't have to?

It's these kinds of errors that provide fuel to the defense, and in a homicide case it's even more vital that every little thing be done correctly and documented correctly and everyone followed up in a timely manner.

Jason Young's attorney will hammer on the ME not doing the rape kit, even though CCBI requested it. Stupid little things that a juror may latch on to.

Garage showing toys. Dismukes testified that he thinks a car could have fit in the garage as long as the little Barbie car was rolled out of the way.

172287-bc2-484x359.jpg
172288-bc3-474x362.jpg

I am so, so, so glad our SleuthyGal was able to go to court today. This REAL reporting with the pictures is VERY helpful. Thank you again!!

Here's BC's car with the skewed license plate (the right side bolt is missing).

The floor mat is sitting between the 2 cars. You can barely make out a little corner of it (looking off the left bumper of BC's car).

172295-bc7-479x357.jpg

This is the bathroom that BC used, showing the Clorox wipes. He also had a container of these same wipes in his office and there is another wipes contained in one other room (I forget which one).

172291-bc6-484x357.jpg

Tilex and Clorox wipes are expected in the bathroom. Nancy's BR was not in good order. I can see her bath in need of cleaning and the 'stuff' out.
Besides, the state suggested she was likely killed in the foyer.

Another worthless entry by the DA...imo.

For a house with little kids, I don't find Clorox wipes to be suspicious. I have them sitting out in almost every room right now (cleaning day is tomorrow).

I find it interesting the difference of the house empty (when it was on the market) and the LE pics. Obviously houses always look larger when empty, but this house looks like an upscale model when empty. However, with their furniture, boxes, etc. it just looked messy and cluttered and not so nice.

So far, to me, the detective's testimony about the bed, cleaning supplies, and things moved in the foyer are not that strong.

FYI...for those starting new threads...

It's Bradley Cooper

not "Bradly"

Keep in mind that Nancy had been busy packing up, expecting to move to Canada and then everything suddenly changed. She was still living out of boxes, not sure what the plan was (remember DD testimony that it kept changing).

Clutter is hard to manage when you are living out of several boxes and trying to sort of stay packed.

FYI...for those starting new threads...

It's Bradley Cooper

not "Bradly"

I was SO tempted to spell it Bradley, but saw the other threads spelled Bradly, and thought they must know how to spell it...

Sorry!

:sick:

I was SO tempted to spell it Bradley, but saw the other threads spelled Bradly, and thought they must know how to spell it...

Sorry!

:sick:

I was tempted to spell it "Bad Brad" but knew that would be inappropriate.

Here's BC's car with the skewed license plate (the right side bolt is missing).

The floor mat is sitting between the 2 cars. You can barely make out a little corner of it (looking off the left bumper of BC's car).

172295-bc7-479x357.jpg

Kurtz neutralized this when he pointed out his car w/o a tag would be immediately pulled by a cop. Brad was smart enough to figure that out.

Yet another 'no hit' by the state.

I know.

It feels like much of what the cops saw was neutralized by X-exam. There really isn't anything *obvious* visually that would draw someone's attention (and by someone I mean the average lay person).

Well said. It might be due to inexperience in investigating murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500