State v Bradley Cooper 3-17-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurtz neutralized this when he pointed out his car w/o a tag would be immediately pulled by a cop. Brad was smart enough to figure that out.

Yet another 'no hit' by the state.

I thought about that and I'm not so sure. If Brad was seen by any police, he was doomed. I don't know how long this technology has existed but they had a news story about police capturing license plates just driving around on the roads or in parking lots. They have a data base of thousands of plates with data as to where they were and when. The reporter doing the story found that his plate had been captured when he was driving down some road several days earlier. It's totally random.

On the other hand, if someone had identified a white BMW sedan in the area at some odd time, he was cooked with or without a plate. I don't see him driving to HT with no plate on his car.

Kurtz neutralized this when he pointed out his car w/o a tag would be immediately pulled by a cop. Brad was smart enough to figure that out.

Oh, one more note. We drove back from Arizona to Indiana several years ago. Our license plate was stolen and we had to get a statement from the police in Phoenix that our plate was stolen. We had a police car following us twice on the trip home and we were not pulled over. We had nothing in our window to indicate something temporary.

Here's the MBR bathroom, showing the 2 spray bottles (one Lysol, the other Clorox without bleach) on the counter, along with NC's personal care items.

172292-bc1-476x355.jpg

Office Hays noticed the 2 spray bottles and thought it looked suspicious.

(Although...my bathroom is a bit cluttered right now and I know for a fact I have 2 spray bottles of cleaners sitting out, so it wouldn't occur to me to be suspicious of that).

Here is my issue with it looking suspicious. The counters are completely cluttered with stuff. If he was cleaning up evidence, it seems like he would have cleaned off the counters to make sure he didn't miss anything. And we have cleaners and stuff on our bathroom counters right now too. This detective really looks like he lost all credibility with some of this testimony and all of his I believe and I think testimony without anything to really back it up.

That's considered rolled? Thats what my bed looks like when I get out of it (covers pushed to the bottom).

Really? Do you take the time to push the sheets and covers for the entire bed to the bottom when you merely get out?

Garage showing toys. Dismukes testified that he thinks a car could have fit in the garage as long as the little Barbie car was rolled out of the way.

172287-bc2-484x359.jpg
172288-bc3-474x362.jpg

So he thinks BC moved it...pulled into the garage to get the body...then later moved the stuff back to make it look cluttered again?

Hearing that BC always took off his shoes before entering the house I assumed that the interior would have been much cleaner than what is seen in the photos. Perhaps Canadians are only concerned about how the carpet looks?

:floorlaugh: Not all of us!! haha!

If he was standing behind her, she would be at a disadvantage to get much leverage to scratch. I could see her reaching back and getting some scratches on the back of his neck. I would expect more damage if she were facing him.

Non-existant DNA might be true. If so, I could be wrong.

I agree about her not getting "dug in" well in that position! Let's also consider his band-aided middle digit...

If she bit his finger, there might be a bit of DNA on the DRESS -- and that just might be worth a trip to HT to buy some Tide. (Not to mention how much madder that bite would have made Our Boy BC.) Or not...
icon5.gif

I agree ncsu95, if I was on the jury, I would be like, yea right....move on.

Another minor point that has me confused: I have heard that the girls shared a room. I heard Jessica A. indicate when looking at the bedrooms, "I'm not sure if that was Bella's room or Katie's room." or something to that effect. Did they share a room or did they each have their own. Also, did I hear that there was a crib in the room that was Brad's room? Was Katie still sleeping in a crib?

So he thinks BC moved it...pulled into the garage to get the body...then later moved the stuff back to make it look cluttered again?

No...he cleared the right side and pulled his 325 BMW in.

HUGE evidence, imo.

No, that's not what he said.

He said that in his estimation (upon being asked while on the stand) a car would have fit in the garage and the only thing that needed to be done to make the car fit, was move the little pink barbie car off to the side. In the photo on the left that toy car is peeking out on the right side of the green recycling bin.

Here's BC's car with the skewed license plate (the right side bolt is missing).

The floor mat is sitting between the 2 cars. You can barely make out a little corner of it (looking off the left bumper of BC's car).

172295-bc7-479x357.jpg

Given how small that car is, wouldn't have made more sense to use the SUV to move a body? It seems like it would have been easier to get her in and out.

I agree about her not getting "dug in" well in that position! Let's also consider his band-aided middle digit...

If she bit his finger, there might be a bit of DNA on the DRESS -- and that just might be worth a trip to HT to buy some Tide. (Not to mention how much madder that bite would have made Our Boy BC.) Or not...
icon5.gif

something hard enough to break the skin (scratch, bite, whatever) would still be visible days later. I wonder if you could see his hands in the press conference where he spoke.

Given how small that car is, wouldn't have made more sense to use the SUV to move a body? It seems like it would have been easier to get her in and out.

The trunk size on these smaller sedans is surprising. We can fit two golf bags with room to spare in the trunk of our Chevy Malibu. I would guess that it is comparable in size. Would he really want a body out in the open in a car for anyone to see?

Yeah, it sounds like the UC hurt the state's case more than anything. Almost like he was grasping at straws with some of the evidence.

I take it Brad rarely drove Nancy's X5. Remember, she guarded the keys with her life. Brad obviously had access that day, but knew it was more typical to be driving his car on "errands".

Yeah, it sounds like the UC hurt the state's case more than anything. Almost like he was grasping at straws with some of the evidence.

I'll reserve judgement on whether or not he hurt their case. If someone else comes along with additional information that validates his "feelings", the jury may just have one of those "ah ha!" moments.

I remember when my kids were young that we were very careful about leaving any type of chemicals within reach of the kids. The wife would ensure that all chemicals were stored on shelves outside their reach. It seems odd (or perhaps just careless parents) to have these 2 bottles sitting out in the open.

I totally agree. I have a 2 1/2 year old and I would NEVER leave that stuff out anywhere in the house, bathroom, kitchen... even my masterbath...that he doesn't just wander in to unsupervised... never.

Really? Do you take the time to push the sheets and covers for the entire bed to the bottom when you merely get out?

Actually I do (although it is more just half of them) because I usually sit on the side of my bed to get dressed. I work from home, so getting dressed is pretty easy, but it's whatever clothes are sitting beside my bed.

No...he cleared the right side and pulled his 325 BMW in.

HUGE evidence, imo.

I'm not sure it would fit in with that table/sork bench in the way, but I guess it would fit in before the SUV would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500