Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he tell somebody later that she wasn't home because she was out having coffee?

Was that not the usual thing she did with CC after a run? IIRC, CC said as much? So wouldn't it be in the realm of possibility that with her taking so long to return he might assume that she was still having coffee with CC?

:fence:

Was that not the usual thing she did with CC after a run? IIRC, CC said as much? So wouldn't it be in the realm of possibility that with her taking so long to return he might assume that she was still having coffee with CC?

:fence:

Maybe. But she didn't drive and he didn't indicate that anybody came to pick her up. To me there are too many details that just don't add up.

The defense claims he has proof she did run alone at times. I'm sure I remember that from his opening statement. We'll soon find out what all he does have.

Yes we will. I have to say, though, it's a very common tactic for a defense attorney to forget about corroborating remarks they make in their opening statement when they put on their defense.

I pretty much agree with everything you've said. The only difference I have is that I can't picture the vehicle being on the other side of the cul de sac. I think the vehicle was driven all the way around to the drainage pond and she was carried the 15-20 feet to the dump site. There were street lights and I think they worked, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

IMO

IIRC, there was one street light there at the time and it was still black as pitch. I specifically remember that because Cummings asked the guy who made the video of the crime scene four times how many street lights were there.

Please don't go by news reports. I can go back to the actual HT tapes and give you the exact times between leaving the store after the first visit to returning on the second visit but I assure you that the time is 17 minutes.

Thank you, I have now found the accurate times for entering the store on both occasions and it is 17 minutes.

What if she met somebody for a rendezvous and they drove over to that secluded area for a tryst. Something goes wrong, they fight, he kills her and dumps the body? I mean at this point I don't see that being much more out of the realm than anything else the prosecution would have us believe.

With all due respect...saying she may have met someone for a rendezvous at the early morning hours, after being at a party, before meeting a friend to paint a room in her house ....with two young children at home is .....just plain not believable to me. Brad was the last person to see her...they were in a horrible marriage heading for divorce..fought the night before..he did not behave like a worried husband .....the house changed drastically with cleaning and laundry....her possession were left at the house....I could go on and on....Yes, no DNA yet...but inference is circumstantial evidence...it IS evidence. Suffocation leaves no blood. The State is showing no evidence is left because he strangled her and cleaned up the house, yet they still tested everything and followed up leads even including a tissue at a park....I'll put myself in time out now.

He was seen on HT video at 6:22AM
Sunrise was 6:09 AM that day.
In the dep, what time did he say he left the house for the milk?

The State has to show all that was tested, whether or not it came back with results or the defense will use it against them and say they didn't show the jurors everything. This trial is not over...the state is being very methodical and giving the jurors everything...yet they are attacked as being slow and not moving on to the smoking gun.

When Zellinger or Fitzhugh present witnesses who don't have DNA results, at least they do it quickly and concisely and get to the point. Cummings takes twice as long and bumbles and hems & haws and takes long pauses to get his exhibits to the witness. Bad enough we have to wade through every piece of nonEvidence...worse x 10 when Cummings is the one who is driving that bus.

Evidence I would expect from a suffocation murder is blood under the nails of the victim....we have that here. In addition, we have evidence of neck and leg scratches on Brad along with his shirt having brown spots around the neck and stretch marks on the shirt....

As I've said before, I think it was the perfect storm. The fact that he had the house to himself and got a sense of what it was like. The fact that he found out just how much this divorce might cost him. The fact that he decided for whatever reason to not give her whatever weekly allowance she was getting and she got royally P.O'd and resulted in her yelling at him in front of everyone at the neighbors. It was a molotov cocktail in full bloom!

He wouldn't have had the house to himself. He would have been a single father of 2 young girls. Not exactly ideal.

When Zellinger or Fitzhugh present witnesses who don't have DNA results, at least they do it quickly and concisely and get to the point. Cummings takes twice as long and bumbles and hems & haws and takes long pauses to get his exhibits to the witness. Bad enough we have to wade through every piece of nonEvidence...worse x 10 when Cummings is the one who is driving that bus.

I know exactly what you are sayin...I bet there are jurors that see that as an old southern guy being careful though.... I know most see it as annoying according to our site. Do we have access to the jurors profiles?

There's something that's been bothering me about the ME's testimony. I've looked and googled and I can't find the document I read last week, but I read the complete autopsy report. And I thought I read something about some stuff in her throat. Not a lot, but something similar to the onion in her stomach, just a couple particles. That was what originally got me thinking that perhaps Nancy had vomitted. Did anyone else read or notice that?? I wish I could locate the document I read last week. I just assumed it would be brought up in the ME's testimony.

Well, even the judge has admonished Kurtz about the rabbits he was throwing, but this is really simple. If they think NC had a child that was not BC's all they gotta do is a DNA test. That would be really strong testimony.

That's not exactly correct. The judge admonished Kurtz for when he was doing it....not the content of what he was doing. There is a HUGE difference.

I simply do not believe a random killer strangled her for no apparent reason - no sexual reason - and he takes her shoes, her socks, her shorts, her underwear, and her shirt with him when he leaves, apparently desperately tries to get her jogging bra off but abandons that attempt and leaves it rolled up under her armpits, and doesn't take two diamond earrings. A random stranger killer makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. There was no robbery. I don't personally believe there was a sexual assault. I haven't seen evidence that convinces me there was a sexual assault. So the random stranger killing just doesn't get it for me.

But it makes sense that BC kills her and only puts on a sports bra? It seems like panties, shorts, socks, and shoes would all be easier than the sports bra...and would be less suspicious.

I'm not sure I agree with that. She had been on vacation with the girls from June 28th-July 6th. That's a good long time for a guy to get used to not having someone around. She got home late on the 6th which was a Sunday and I presume he went to work Monday-Friday. That in itself (the time alone to realize how nice life could be) might be more of a trigger than an affair.

I agree. That house was full of triggers for both of them. All that was needed was a bit of a push...
icon9.gif

I don't think they are planted but I do think that people in general want to be helpful and want to be "the one!". Sometimes I think people go overboard in trying to be helpful. I would guess that if the defense would put ALL of these witnesses on the stand, they would cancel each other out because their sightings would be in areas at the same time that would make it impossible to have all been sightings of the same person. MOO

The woman's sighting was reported before the body was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618