Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also remember this accusation was in the opening statements by the defense, which means it hasn't been proven and there has not been any testimony. Remember the Scott Peterson trial and his big time attorney and all the smoke he blew at opening statements? He never proved any of it, I am pretty sure that he had a short defense too and just gave up.

Mark Gerragos was going to produce the real killers of Laci Peterson, and countless witnesses who saw her walking the dog, all in his opening statement. Turns out he didn't produced anything, other than Scott was a good golfer. :floorlaugh:

From the autopsy report, can someone give me this in plain english? From my understanding of strangulation, if Nancy Cooper had been strangled rather than suffocated, wouldn't the hyoid bone have shown far more trauma and been completely fractured?

INJURIES
There is a faint linear mark across the central neck in the area of the thyroid prominence approximately 1.3" in length.
At the left margin there are several circular insect defects. Internally, there is dark discoloration of the anterior strap
muscles on the left without definite evidence of hemorrhage.
There is marked congestion of the supraclavicular tissues on the left, but without obvious hemorrhage.
There is an area of abnormal flexibility in the distal portion of the right wing of the hyoid bone without accompanying
hemorrhage. After stripping the periostium it is noted that the lateral surface of the bone is intact and that there is a
vertical linear fracture of the medial surface.

Evidence I would expect from a suffocation murder is blood under the nails of the victim....we have that here. In addition, we have evidence of neck and leg scratches on Brad along with his shirt having brown spots around the neck and stretch marks on the shirt....

We have witness testimony that they noticed scratches on his neck but did not take pictures as well as witness testimony saying they did not see scratches on his neck.

The leg scratches were agreed to have been seen after BC searched in overgrown terrain.

Did anything more come out about the shirt? I would have thought if there were more to it it would have come out during the testimony of the crime lab experts.

Unfortunately lack of a picture of the neck scratches really hurts here.

With all due respect...saying she may have met someone for a rendezvous at the early morning hours, after being at a party, before meeting a friend to paint a room in her house ....with two young children at home is .....just plain not believable to me.

I agree. And to add to the fact her car was still at home. If she was going to go for a morning tryst, she wouldn't walk to the corner like a teenager for her paramour to pick her up. She would have driven somewhere to meet him.

But it makes sense that BC kills her and only puts on a sports bra? It seems like panties, shorts, socks, and shoes would all be easier than the sports bra...and would be less suspicious.

I agree. The only way I can tie BC to this scenario would be if he thought the other missing items would look like a sexual assault had taken place. But, why not have pants half way down and no bra. A lot easier.

Please list those items proven to be false.

One was that they did not collect the boots. Two was that the garage was still too cluttered to fit a car in there. Three was that they did not follow up on other leads. I know that others have been mentioned in this forum but I can't remember them off the top of my head and don't know where they are now. Maybe someone else can help me out and add to the list.

But it makes sense that BC kills her and only puts on a sports bra? It seems like panties, shorts, socks, and shoes would all be easier than the sports bra...and would be less suspicious.

Most here think this was not a planned murder. With that, Brad was obviously in panic mode. He had to strip off her existing clothing and quickly come up with a plan to dispose of the body and establish an alibi. I would think it would be much more trouble to dress a corpse in underwear, shorts, shirt and running shoes than to grab a sports bra and haphazardly pull it over her head. That alone should show the cops she was out running, plus it would look sexually motivated. In hindsight, i'm sure he also thinks his decision to stage her body could have been done with more thought. Remember, there is never a perfect murder.

As for sightings of Nancy out running, it occurred to me when CC was on the stand, that with her hair in a ponytail and in runner garb, she too could be mistaken for N.C. They looked to be of similar height and build and both had long brown/blonde hair and thin faces.

One was that they did not collect the boots. Two was that the garage was still too cluttered to fit a car in there. Three was that they did not follow up on other leads. I know that others have been mentioned in this forum but I can't remember them off the top of my head and don't know where they are now. Maybe someone else can help me out and add to the list.

1. Didn't the evidence show that no casts were made of footprints? Didn't the evidence show that there were unaccounted for footprints?

2. You are wrong. The testimony from the detective was that a car would fit if additional things were moved (mainly the pink kids car). So I'm to believe that BC cleared that half of the garage...did the murder using the garage to load the body. But then when he got back, decided to only move the kids car back in the way? It would have taken less than a minute to pull some of the other junk over to make it impossible to fit a car in there...yet he decided to just move the kids car. That makes absolutely no sense.

3. This hasn't been proven false yet. The defense didn't say they didn't follow up on ANY leads.

Most here think this was not a planned murder. With that, Brad was obviously in panic mode. He had to strip off her existing clothing and quickly come up with a plan to dispose of the body and establish an alibi. I would think it would be much more trouble to dress a corpse in underwear, shorts, shirt and running shoes than to grab a sports bra and haphazardly pull it over her head. That alone should show the cops she was out running, plus it would look sexually motivated. In hindsight, i'm sure he also thinks his decision to stage her body could have been done with more thought. Remember, there is never a perfect murder.

so he was panicked, yet calm enough to do ALL of the stuff people have said he did....brilliant enough and calm enough to fake phone calls. Calm enough to walk into HT without looking stressed, very easy going, talking to the clerk...yet to panicked to take a minute to put the easier clothes on? Which is it....cold and calculating or panicked? Brilliant or stupid?

As for sightings of Nancy out running, it occurred to me when CC was on the stand, that with her hair in a ponytail and in runner garb, she too could be mistaken for N.C. They looked to be of similar height and build and both had long brown/blonde hair and thin faces.

Really? They looked absolutely nothing alike to me.

I agree. He wanted it to look like she had gone out for a run. She wouldn't go running without her sports bra on & that was his story.

so he was panicked, yet calm enough to do ALL of the stuff people have said he did....brilliant enough and calm enough to fake phone calls. Calm enough to walk into HT without looking stressed, very easy going, talking to the clerk...yet to panicked to take a minute to put the easier clothes on? Which is it....cold and calculating or panicked? Brilliant or stupid?

Yep, all of the above.

Really? They looked absolutely nothing alike to me.

Really? Pull her hair back, perhaps w/ shades, and she and Nancy would look very much alike running. I regularly see women fitting NC's general description running around the Raleigh area. If had to later pick one out of a line-up, it would be near impossible, because I tend to notice other features besides the face.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500