NY-Long Island-4 bodies on Beach-Possible Serial Killer-Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure don't wish for anyone to interpret this as anything psychic. I am just trying to think like a killer who needs a dark, moonless (or low visibility) night to visit their secret spot to dispose of bodies without drawing much attention to themselves. Not that that parkway seems like alot of traffic would pass thru at night but there is always a risk involved with nefarious activities.

I want to find a site that we can learn the weather of the day these ladies disappeared along with a few days following their disapppearance.

I find it interesting that all of the above mentioned ladies, with the exception of Shannon, were last seen on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. What could this tell us about the killer?

MOO

wm

Here is a moon phase calendar: http://www.moonconnection.com/moon-january-2010.phtml

I do recall something about fishing when and according to the Moon the fish are abundant,,,(I think Stripper at Midnight too) I wonder If he surf casts and uses the Moon as his nights to kill and dump and than Fish,,(great excuse to give the wife) also, bodies all in one area because he can still see them if he has binoculars and is fishing on the shore,,,I dont think he owns a boat,( bet his wife wont let him) just my thoughts ,,

I think he is almost certainly a summer weekender, or somebody whose employment involves summer weekend businesses. I think he's making appointments for the last day of his weekend, killing then, and dumping them on his way back to wherever he's headed. Here's why. (the * is for the four known bodies)

*Maureen Barnes.....last seen Monday, 7-9-07

This is the Monday after the 4th of July, which was on a Wednesday that year. Lots of people (including us) took Wednesday through Sunday as a very long holiday weekend.

*Melissa Barthelemy.....Last seen, Sunday, 7-12-09

Fourth of July was the weekend before, with many people getting the holiday on July 6. So this might have been the first available weekend.

Shannon Gilbert.......last seen, Saturday, May 1, 2010

This is quite early in the year relative to the others, and on a different day. The circumstances don't seem to necessarily fit, either.

*Megan Waterman.......last seen, Sunday, 6-6-10

An ordinary weekend.

Elena Jazmir Lozada, Missing, Tuesday, 7-6-10

This is the Tuesday after the 4th of July weekend, which was a three-day weekend with Monday the holiday.

*Amber Costello......last seen, Tuesday, 9-7-10

This is the day after Labor Day, which was rather late last year.

-------------------------------------------------------

I think one thing we need to do is to look at other missing women around the Fourth of July and Labor Day, especially in 2008 and before 2007. I would say from anywhere in the northeast, or maybe anywhere if she sounds like she might be involved in internet services.

I think he is almost certainly a summer weekender, or somebody whose employment involves summer weekend businesses. I think he's making appointments for the last day of his weekend, killing then, and dumping them on his way back to wherever he's headed. Here's why. (the * is for the four known bodies)

*Maureen Barnes.....last seen Monday, 7-9-07

This is the Monday after the 4th of July, which was on a Wednesday that year. Lots of people (including us) took Wednesday through Sunday as a very long holiday weekend.

*Melissa Barthelemy.....Last seen, Sunday, 7-12-09

Fourth of July was the weekend before, with many people getting the holiday on July 6. So this might have been the first available weekend.

Shannon Gilbert.......last seen, Saturday, May 1, 2010

This is quite early in the year relative to the others, and on a different day. The circumstances don't seem to necessarily fit, either.

*Megan Waterman.......last seen, Sunday, 6-6-10

An ordinary weekend.

Elena Jazmir Lozada, Missing, Tuesday, 7-6-10

This is the Tuesday after the 4th of July weekend, which was a three-day weekend with Monday the holiday.

*Amber Costello......last seen, Tuesday, 9-7-10

This is the day after Labor Day, which was rather late last year.

-------------------------------------------------------

I think one thing we need to do is to look at other missing women around the Fourth of July and Labor Day, especially in 2008 and before 2007. I would say from anywhere in the northeast, or maybe anywhere if she sounds like she might be involved in internet services.

Thanks for this. Just wanted to add that Memorial Day was 5/31/10, that could have been the event near Waterman's disappearance. I believe I read that she and Cruz were on LI for Memorial Day.

Also, I heard a different date for Costello (Sept 2 according to Newsday). Very interesting that they all disappeared right near holidays that are especially big in the beach areas.

I've only started reading about this case and this is definitely one person.

Theory: This is someone with a cottage in the area or access to a cottage and who was at the cottage for the holiday of the time (as per Carbuff's idea), someone young, and he killed them at the cottage after setting up a date off of Craigslist and drove not too far away to dump the bodies. He is probably very organized and neat (and an obvious freak and danger to society). He probably dresses well, is nicely groomed and drives a nice car. JMO, this is based on the placement of the bodies and the near perfect arrangement and distance between them.

Cops need to talks to girls who advertise on Craigslist who set up dates in or near the Long Island area.

This guy would have had scratches on his face and skin from the bramble bushes on the beach and pulls on his clothing from the same plants. People need to think back to a neighbour or friend who went to their cottage in that area who was scratched up or needed to take care of something at the end of their holiday that needed at least a few hours alone.

I've only started reading about this case and this is definitely one person.

Theory: This is someone with a cottage in the area or access to a cottage and who was at the cottage for the holiday of the time (as per Carbuff's idea), someone young, and he killed them at the cottage after setting up a date off of Craigslist and drove not too far away to dump the bodies. He is probably very organized and neat (and an obvious freak and danger to society). He probably dresses well, is nicely groomed and drives a nice car. JMO, this is based on the placement of the bodies and the near perfect arrangement and distance between them.

Cops need to talks to girls who advertise on Craigslist who set up dates in or near the Long Island area.

This guy would have had scratches on his face and skin from the bramble bushes on the beach and pulls on his clothing from the same plants. People need to think back to a neighbour or friend who went to their cottage in that area who was scratched up or needed to take care of something at the end of their holiday that needed at least a few hours alone.

Maybe he wears a leather jacket...I agree with you that he is neat and well dressed...I don't know why but I picture him older...as for a cottage..maybe a local business man? someone with a store , a basement area, somewhere very private ... wonder if the cottage could be a rental?

he might be a regular renter.

or, he has a wife or girlfriend that leaves town and heads back home over some holiday weekends...leaving the cat alone with the mice.

also wonder if he is very tall, as to move more freely thru all that brush... it's hard to tell from some of the camera angles I have seen, some of the patches are very dense, but there also look to be lower less jungly looking areas, dune-ish...I would say.

or could it be simpler? is there any municipal type of grounds or beach enviormental patrol that frequents that strip from the actual beach side? is there a field house or coast guard area with an equipment shelter nearby?

I'll bet it doesn't take more than a minute or two to carry or drag the body from the car into the brush and leave it. I'm guessing that when you're actually at the site, you can pick a path between shrubs, and if he regularly drives through the area, he may have previously scouted it as well. Given the length of the road, the summer traffic, and the apparent frequency of places to park by the side of the road, I'd be astonished if there aren't paths back to places where drivers stop to relieve themselves.

I'll bet people have seen him stopped and just assumed that's what's going on.

I agree he's probably well dressed and well to do. It would not surprise me if he's into the arts or something like that.

Looking at that highway and where it leads, I would speculate that the two most likely scenarios are that he stays in the Cedar Beach/Fire Island area and returns to NYC or southward, or he's in the Jones Beach area and returns to the center of the island -- to pick up a plane in Islip, or the LIE, or even a ferry to the southern New England coast.

sorry just added link I think works here :)
MEDFORD, N.Y. (WPIX)— Suffolk County Police have arrested a man in the murder of a Long Island woman who suspiciously vanished in March, and whose body was discovered just off the Long Island Expressway.

Chad Johnson was charged with the second-degree murder for the death of Jennifer Papain, following a Tuesday morning court appearance at First District Court in Central Islip.

Johnson was additionally charged with third-degree patronizing a prostitute, second-degree aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, and unlawful possession of marijuana.

Papain's body was dumped alongside the Long Island Expressway and discovered early Monday morning in a wooded area just off a westbound LIE service road, near Bellport Road in Medford, according to Suffolk County police.

Cops did not provide information on what lead them to the roadway in Medford.

Papain, 26, of Harper Street in North Patchogue was last seen on March 24 when she and a friend drove to Bay Shore Road in Bay Shore in Papain father's car.

Papain exited the vehicle at about 5:30 p.m. while her friend waited for her in the car. Papain never returned.

"It wasn't that she had an altercation in the car or anything," said Suffolk Det. Sgt. Mark Pulaski. "She just didn't come back."

Suffolk County police began their investigation into her suspicious disappearance on March 26.

Papain was described as a petitie woman, standing at 5-feet 3-inches and weighing 110-pounds, who had brown shoulder length hair and green eyes. She was last seen wearing grey sweatpants, white shirt and white sneakers.

Jennifer thread here! He was arrested in 2010
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105445"]Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Papain, 26, North Patchogue, 22 March 2010 - Body Found - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi guys, how are ya?

I get precious little time these days for interactive internet, but I'm here reading still. Accessing the internet exclusively through a "smart phone?" Not smart IMO. When I saw that there had been another presumably young female, found at Oak Beach, I had to find the nearest laptop equiped friend! And alas, here I am

WOW, right? Five....and still no Shannon. I hate being caught in the middle of wanting it to be Shannon and praying that it isn't...because that young girl (only a guess) found is still someone's child. I'd like to take this time to remind you that if not for Shannon, there could very well have never been closure for the four families of the first four victims left so casually by the road. I still believe in karma. It gets around to all of us and "he" will get his as well.

Judging from maps of the area and placement of the victims, I think he chose this spot because he knows it's degree of isolation. I think he travels it every day...in an easterly direction, on his way to work; and then again on his way home(west) late in the day when he can see adequately from across the highway. That would naturally put him on the side the victims were found, in the wee hours of the morning, for a legitimate reason from the perspective of LE. Convenience. It just makes sense. The simplest explanation. I think his route west to east in the early AM, takes him by JB's subdivision. He has to be going east because that gives him the best vantage point to dump and revisit his victims without raising suspicion. And if they were all spaced fairly evenly....he did revisit. In a desolate area, a vehicle commonly doing u-turns in the highway median is bound to raise suspicion at some point. I don't think he "took" Shannan anywhere. I think he's driving a suburban, a van or some other large vehicle that allowed him room to, ummm, work?

Maybe Shannan's driver did simply leave her there because she was acting a fool...or he was detained too long and she thought he ditched her. I have to wonder if the person responsible lives in the subdivision where JB owns a beach house and "plays" with his lady friends. I can't help but wonder if Shannan just happened to be out on that road at 5am, alone, intoxicated....and maybe she just got in the wrong truck. If so, it strikes me they won't find Shannan with the others. He may have been afraid that because Shannan was seen beating on neighbors doors and in his subdivision, she would somehow be linked right back to him.

Remember what the neighbor said in reference to what the man in the suv said to him, the man he said was looking for Shannan? GC told the man he called the police. The man reportedly told GC "you shouldn't have done that."

My mind wanders.......... and it's been wandering for a long time since I've been unable to post. Sowwy.

So glad to see you back Shutterfly! Your maps have been very helpful to me in getting a visual on the area. thank you!!!

wm

Police search to close Ocean Pkwy. Monday

snip
Motorists who regularly drive Ocean Parkway are being advised to take an alternate route Monday as police continue the search for evidence in the areas of Oak Beach and Gilgo Beach, Suffolk County police said Friday.

Suffolk County police will search the parkway from Captree Bridge to Tobay Beach from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., closing the westbound lanes, a traffic advisory said.
The search...

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/police-search-to-close-ocean-pkwy-monday-1.2795400

This is just crazy!
Atlantic City, Shannan Gilbert fifth victim of serial killer in NY
http://www.examiner.com/city-hall-i...nnan-gilbert-fifth-victim-of-serial-killer-ny
snip
Suffolk County homicide detectives have notified Gilbert's family that her body has been found, according to a statement released by the police.

NY police say latest remains found on beach highway are not those of missing woman
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ca...qM5gvADWDJRN3646ca4mD-nLwBHvqWQ?docId=6422527

Sometime media just drive me nuts :(

sorry but wanted to update the examiner article
it has now been fixed

Atlantic City, Shannan Gilbert not fifth victim of serial killer in NY
http://www.examiner.com/city-hall-i...nnan-gilbert-fifth-victim-of-serial-killer-ny

Apologies for quoting my own post but I wanted to bring this forward to update. I always like looking at outside factors like moon phases and weather in cases where the perp seems calculating and meticulous in his planning of the crimes.

As far as moon phases, Shannon does not fit the pattern as she is the only one who disappeared on a full moon night. But the moon would have been waning in the night sky in the following days. Could this perp be holding the women or their bodies for disposal on a new moon?

I also wanted to add Elena to this bit of research...

Elena Jazmir Lozada, 5'2", 105 lbs, 24 years old.
Missing, Tuesday, 7-6-10. MOON, Waning Crescent. New moon 6 days later on Mon. 7-12-10

I am a bit bleary eyed today due to lack of sleep. Does anybody see any pattern here? Or should I ditch this area of research? I will go with majority rule, haha! thanks,

wm

wm

thank you wm, for bringing up elena lozada i thought she will fit the profile for the killers victims. she is in the height and weight range and age of the other victims.
here's a link to her on namus; i really think she could potentially be a victim:
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/8308

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member