April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state would have been better off to use the timeline that presents itself.

Something to the effect of: He killed her, then went to the grocery store and faked an alibi, then spent the morning "cleaning house" after he dumped the body.

On the other hand, if he had any brains about him, he shoulda been like: Nancy? Nancy who? Oh, she didn't come back home last night. Should I have called someone?

Yes, it would have been much better to say, NC didn't come home, not that I heard, but we're getting divorced. Here is a list of 7 guys I think she might be hooking up with. Check with them. In fact, her friends that called you, yeah, they were probably the alibi....I am the last personto know anything...

Can you imagine?

Of course. Everyone knows there are many ways it could be done and leave no record. But there are records - the Cooper home phone bill and BC's cell.

The "spoofed" call should be on the Cisco IT managed site but it's not. That is the end of the story I'm afraid. The state rested it's case.

The state rested it's case with testimony included that setting up a call manager on a home computer is definitely possible.

Okay, here were the choices:

1. Random attacker?
2. Someone who knew Nancy?
3. Someone who knew Nancy and had skillzzz to hack into Brad's computer?

NCSU and FD believe in #1 (yes?) That was the first scenario.

I think it was someone whom Nancy had slept with their SO. I think the skillzzz to hack is a misnomer. I think somebody poked around on the computer and jacked it up inadvertently. I also think whether BC or this RSWKNWSWTSO (Random stranger who knew nancy was sleeping with their significant other) did it, there had to be an accomplice to cover this thing up.

The state would have been better off to use the timeline that presents itself.

Something to the effect of: He killed her, then went to the grocery store and faked an alibi, then spent the morning "cleaning house" after he dumped the body.

On the other hand, if he had any brains about him, he shoulda been like: Nancy? Nancy who? Oh, she didn't come back home last night. Should I have called someone?

But that would mean that he would be admitting that he left his children home alone.....twice!

Actually it's not up to us to find out anything or determine anything (unless you are saying that you're on the jury). We're discussing the case hopefully and for most of us in a friendly manner. It's an interesting discussion but it doesn't really matter a whole lot more than debating, "who is more powerful? Superman or Batman?" It doesn't have a thing to do with the outcome of this case. Actually if we all agreed 100%, the board would die. There would be nothing left to talk about except, "What are you doing for Easter dinner?"

You're right, this would be a boring place if we all agreed.

I see your point. I would give who knows how much to get that much sleep out of my kids on a Friday night!!!! However, there was likely fighting going on at home, and the kids were probably used to hearing mommy and daddy fight from their bed. Kids do not sleep through that. I remember that as a child from my own parents, and also as an adult, hearing my children discuss in therapy the fighting my ex and I did after we thought they were asleep.

If it was a peaceful night, they were probably sleeping extra-long.....

However, BC did not mention in any of his initial statements that B was awoken before NC left to jog. Not a single one. That only came after she stayed with MH and she told them what NC was wearing. So, it is reasonable to assume that B wakes up, asks where's Mommy?, and he says, she went running. So, she visualizes, as kids do at that age, what mommy looks like when she goes running, because that is what they do developmentally to reassure themselves, especially in an unstable home. It was very unlikely that it was that morning, I think....

Yes. And the only difference is I immediately thought they were both sound sleepers due to all the arguing. Being raised by parents who DIDN'T get a divorce and should have. They argued day and night and still do. My brothers and sisters and I learned to sleep right thru..a regular white noise as it were. None of us sleep well without noise. I don't remember exactly, but I believe KL testified how little the girls slept those first days. I thought maybe they were missing the white noise they used to reassure themselves.

Kelly

It's not up to us to do anything. Someone killed Nancy. If not Brad, it doesn't automatically default to "no one." Hopefully you'll still care that Nancy was murdered and put all of the energy you have devoted to defending BC into finding the real killer.

Wow - that caught me off guard. I didn't realize that some of you feel that I don't care that NC was murdered. I am offended and hurt. I am a mom of 2 little girls. Of course I am mad, upset, sad that NC was murdered. Whomever did it should suffer the same fate. However, I have nothing to do with this case. So, it is not up to ME to devote MY energy to find the real killer. That is up to the CPD. But, after 3 years and all that they failed to do initially, I don't think that will ever happen. That is what saddens me the most. If BC is found to be innocent I don't think anyone will ever pay for taking a innocent life in a senseless act. That is pathetic.

I have not been defending BC. I have been defending a defendant's right to have a fair trial before he may spend the remainder of his life in jail and away from his children. If there is any bit of doubt in my mind, then IF I was on the jury I would have to vote not guilty.

Okay, here were the choices:

1. Random attacker?
2. Someone who knew Nancy?
3. Someone who knew Nancy and had skillzzz to hack into Brad's computer?

NCSU and FD believe in #1 (yes?) That was the first scenario.

I believe most likely BC...if not him, then #1.

The state rested it's case with testimony included that setting up a call manager on a home computer is definitely possible.

But that required equipment that was not found in the home. And they also did not provide evidence (either way) that the equipment he had access to isn't currently at Cisco.

The psychic. I guess he only (DD) testified to consulting with her or whatever.

Ahh. Thanks. That's the first time I saw that name. I didn't realize that was the psychic. It is interesting that she envisioned a culvert or something dealing with water and flags. They thought golf course but it could have been surveyor flags. It's just interesting that her "vision" was very similar to where Nancy was found.

Yes, it would have been much better to say, NC didn't come home, not that I heard, but we're getting divorced. Here is a list of 7 guys I think she might be hooking up with. Check with them. In fact, her friends that called you, yeah, they were probably the alibi....I am the last personto know anything...

Can you imagine?

I so agree!! I said this all along. He should have said she never came home. His story should have been that she was stepping out on him and that her friends knew more about her whereabouts than he did and that he never saw her again after 8pm when he left the party.

It was suggested a few pages back and has been suggested several times before.

Hmmmmmmm....has it ever been suggested that the prosecution may also have posters on these boards? Seems like they would need it more than the defense. But - I don't think either side has anyone posting on any boards....they may be looking but don't really think they have the time and resources to plant people on these boards.

But that required equipment that was not found in the home. And they also did not provide evidence (either way) that the equipment he had access to isn't currently at Cisco.

Do you agree that he did have that equipment in his home, as recently as April, in order to run his home IP phone system through the Time Warner account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown