TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this may be a really really stupid question on my part but what info could they get from her phone that they wouldnt already have...AFAIK they dont need a phone to get a list of calls and texts that came to and were sent from her number. As for pictures maybe but i dotn think the perp would toss out a phone with his pic on it.what more can they get from it?

I am on the Sprint network and they do not show your incoming/outgoing texts on your bills anymore. I have asked many times for them to give me a print out and they say they can't. Is it possible the Bobo's are on a network where they don't get print outs of texts and LE could get this from the phone? Just trying to think outside the box. I personally think they could have found her driver's license.

wow u pay $45.00??? and have web? how long will the 45.00 last ya?

O/T, but I pay 45 bucks a month for unlimited talk, text, and web. No contract, no deposit, just the cost of the phone when I bought it and then $45 for the month. SInce I'm in college myself and my credit sucks there was no way I was getting on a plan without shelling out a lot of money I didn't have.

With so many prepaids these days, (and not just throw away phones, there are some pretty sophisticated ones that you can get with no contract on minute plans, monthly plans, just text or just data...so on) and us not knowing whether Holly was on a data plan or a prepaid, they might need the phone. For example, my phone is a decent model,not a smartphone, but has full web, slide out keyboard, video, camera, all the bells and whistles, and I'm on a prepaid plan. Why pay $100 a month, when I could pay $45 and not have to pay a deposit? If I were to go missing, because my phone is prepaid, they would need the phone to get anything, as nothing is banked, as far as incoming and outgoing info about my phone. So until we know what type of phone she had, and what kind of plan she was on, and whether the phone was actually recovered, we don't really know. It's possible they could need the phone itself to get anything.

I suspect with your phone number, they could get everything they needed about the phone. Your provider has to know the ESN of your phone so calls, text, etc can be sent to that phone. Im sure LE could contact your provider, give them your phone number, and get the ESN of your phone. That would tell them brand, model, etc.

Also, they would have records of pings, phone calls, etc. don't think they would need the actual phone to get that info.

JMO
I havent closely followed many cases and missed the first few days of Holly disappearing. Seems to be lots of rumor even within the community. In my gut I have never doubted Holly was alive, I dont know why just a lack of the ominous feelings I get with so many others upon initial reports.
It also appears the towns folk support Holly being alive and I think the numbers of volunteers was supportive of this. For those of you who have followed this case very closely do you know if its possible that they have had communication with the perp or Holly. Could this have been a kidnapping for ransom plot by some youngsters gone wrong? This case seems to lack so many of the important details and lacks the fear factor and intense concern. Seems like locals and LE reports using words like "piece of the puzzle", "game", "and if you knew the rest of the story" are treading lightly on the abduction and perp. The mothers reactions, even planning a vacation for her when she comes home from this nightmare seems like we will all just look back at this as a bad dream.
They know who they are looking for. The cousin is a big star. Twenty four hour LE presence at the family home. Hollys items strewn around the area randomly sending everyone on goose chases. No bolo on vehicle or perp. The unusual reward amount from the governor. What are we missing in the big picture here?
JMO
Hope this makes sense.

Oh it makes sense and i agree we are lacking alot of information. I thought Kidnapping in the beginning but this is not a wealthy family, Moms a school teacher, Dad has a tree service, i saw what he makes a year, Its not alot.

so that leave what? A crime of passion! Anger!

Everyone loves her! Maybe someone Loved her a tad tooo much!

JMO

I suspect with your phone number, they could get everything they needed about the phone. Your provider has to know the ESN of your phone so calls, text, etc can be sent to that phone. Im sure LE could contact your provider, give them your phone number, and get the ESN of your phone. That would tell them brand, model, etc.

Also, they would have records of pings, phone calls, etc. don't think they would need the actual phone to get that info.

They dont need the phone they can get that info!

yes, but as far as things like texts sent and received, there would be no way to access that information without the phone. And I lose my phone number if I'm even one day late with the refill card for the month, so in the course of three months, that could be three different phone numbers that they would have to trace, if I were the sort that couldn't remember to refill my phone (the one downside to my phone provider). ALso, my name is not in anyway connected with the phone, so that would make it harder. There are a lot of plans out there like this one, so there's a lot of info that could slip through the cracks without the phone itself.

I am on the Sprint network and they do not show your incoming/outgoing texts on your bills anymore. I have asked many times for them to give me a print out and they say they can't. Is it possible the Bobo's are on a network where they don't get print outs of texts and LE could get this from the phone? Just trying to think outside the box. I personally think they could have found her driver's license.

They may not give it to u on your bill cause Lord help us my son has 1,800 texts a month and i dont think the company wants to put them on the bill lol when its all included if we paid pre text then that would be diff LOL JMO

"Everyone is asking how they would know its hers. Well, first off, how many cell phones have you found out beside the road? If they found one, I would say its almost a 100% chance its hers. Secondly, they would have gotten the ESN (basically the serial number) of her phone from the cell phone provider and would have been able to compare numbers in just a couple of minutes. They could decide 100% if it was hers or not. "

i don't know how to do the real quotes....but I copied this from an earlier post. They have found several phones/ pieces of phones along the highway. When they find one people are hopeful that it is hers.

It is not like finding a phone laying by your driveway in the suburbs, this is a highway where people are going >55mph. It could be a phone that someone inadvertently left on top of the car and then didn't realize that lost it.

On a funny note. They were searching near a place called double d's and they found a really big bra! It was obviously not hers because it was a 42 DD, but they wondered how someone lost that!

The reward from the governor seemed strange to me too, so I looked it up. It has been done before in TN, so while unusual, its not unprecedented.

Governor stated, "In this case the district attorney involved asked us to, and he made a convincing case they thought it would be very helpful."

Based on that statement and all the other info, IMO that means the DA thinks its someone local and they have no clue who it is! They want to intice a friend to give the perp up. They think someone might have called in sick that day, came in late to work, missed school, etc., but they have no clue who it is.
thoughts?

They may not give it to u on your bill cause Lord help us my son has 1,800 texts a month and i dont think the company wants to put them on the bill lol when its all included if we paid pre text then that would be diff LOL JMO

Point taken :floorlaugh:

My fiance` and I both have a ton of texts too...maybe that is why Sprint "is no longer able to give me my text history". :waitasec:

"Everyone is asking how they would know its hers. Well, first off, how many cell phones have you found out beside the road?

Actually I have found a ton of phones. Find them on the sidewalk, at the stadium when I go to the restroom (people leave them in the stalls) etc. I used to take them aroudn town to their appropriate store and collect a phone bounty that they paid for turning in lost phones.

"Everyone is asking how they would know its hers. Well, first off, how many cell phones have you found out beside the road? If they found one, I would say its almost a 100% chance its hers. Secondly, they would have gotten the ESN (basically the serial number) of her phone from the cell phone provider and would have been able to compare numbers in just a couple of minutes. They could decide 100% if it was hers or not. "

i don't know how to do the real quotes....but I copied this from an earlier post. They have found several phones/ pieces of phones along the highway. When they find one people are hopeful that it is hers.

It is not like finding a phone laying by your driveway in the suburbs, this is a highway where people are going >55mph. It could be a phone that someone inadvertently left on top of the car and then didn't realize that lost it.

On a funny note. They were searching near a place called double d's and they found a really big bra! It was obviously not hers because it was a 42 DD, but they wondered how someone lost that!

ThanK YOu for the Laugh!:floorlaugh:

Continuing on my thought from last post.
We had a group of 9 (yes 9) high school football stars age 16-18, wealthy parents, supposedly great students who while partying came up with an idea to rob a grocery store at gun point. One boy was even the grandson of our former police chief and county sheriff. Needless to say all of their futures were ruined but shows how one bad seed can influence the others.
Could this be what is possibly going on here? A group of youngsters?

Point taken :floorlaugh:

My fiance` and I both have a ton of texts too...maybe that is why Sprint "is no longer able to give me my text history". :waitasec:

I bought my son a new phone when my contract with the old phone ran out well the guy never told me what the phone did ok i got a bill for 3 thousand dollars.
yes i said $3,000.00 I had heart failure! I fought it cause the guy never told me
he could go online and i needed to get a monthly rate lol i wasnt the same for a month!

Continuing on my thought from last post.
We had a group of 9 (yes 9) high school football stars age 16-18, wealthy parents, supposedly great students who while partying came up with an idea to rob a grocery store at gun point. One boy was even the grandson of our former police chief and county sheriff. Needless to say all of their futures were ruined but shows how one bad seed can influence the others.
Could this be what is possibly going on here? A group of youngsters?

For some reason i think they would have been caught by now!
when there is a group one always chickens out! I would think the parents would notice something! LOL Maybe not LOL

Continuing on my thought from last post. ..... Could this be what is possibly going on here? A group of youngsters?

This seems to be too well thought out for something a bunch of kids would do. Every time we have a big kid crime here its so pathetically bad they all get rounded up instantly. They cant plan, leave evidence, talk to their friends, put up videos on youtube, etc.

The reward from the governor seemed strange to me too, so I looked it up. It has been done before in TN, so while unusual, its not unprecedented.

Governor stated, "In this case the district attorney involved asked us to, and he made a convincing case they thought it would be very helpful."

Based on that statement and all the other info, IMO that means the DA thinks its someone local and they have no clue who it is! They want to intice a friend to give the perp up. They think someone might have called in sick that day, came in late to work, missed school, etc., but they have no clue who it is.
thoughts?

Or it could be used to pay a randsome maybe if there was one! JMO

Oh it makes sense and i agree we are lacking alot of information. I thought Kidnapping in the beginning but this is not a wealthy family, Moms a school teacher, Dad has a tree service, i saw what he makes a year, Its not alot.

so that leave what? A crime of passion! Anger!

Everyone loves her! Maybe someone Loved her a tad tooo much!

JMO

Exactly why my thought that these are youngsters, they would focus on Holly because she is popular in the community and her cousin is a star. IDK just the way immature brains work, its not about the money its about carrying out a crime they concocted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti