TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T I was wondering where I left my Bra! :floorlaugh:

on topic :
Did I misunderstand? Was Holly just going to school that day or was she supposed to be taking her boards that day?

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet. But, this 20-yr.-old man emerged from the Smoky Mountains National Park, saying he had been drugged and kidnapped by 3 men. LE is now saying that his story is not true and there is a charge of filing a false report. He was on his way to bible school. Oddly enough he was reported "missing" on April 14, the day after Holly was missing and I have to wonder if he is involved:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166941/2/Man-who-said-he-escaped-kidnappers-in-Smokies-now-charged

Just wondering though, do you think it is possible that this boy could be last seen on the 12th at 10pm and make it to TN, pick Holly, set up his crime, etc by Wednesday morning?

I really don't think it's a group, first of all because the only documented witness has said there was only one guy in sight, and that one guy was seemingly able to control her pretty well on his own. i think by now, after 13 days, if there were more than one person someone would have cracked.

And it's hard enough to figure out how one local managed to not have anyone notice they were mysteriously absent at the time she disappeared, but for there to be three or four or more, I don't see how. Not impossible, but unlikely in my eyes.

Exactly why my thought that these are youngsters, they would focus on Holly because she is popular in the community and her cousin is a star. IDK just the way immature brains work, its not about the money its about carrying out a crime they concocted.

I understand what you are saying but ......If these are kids im sure they know they are in very serious trouble.... I just dont see it sorry. But hey this is why we are here to discuss.

2nd post about this guy, in case you all didn't read my 1st one this a.m.
Sorry, I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet. But, this 20-yr.-old man emerged from the Smoky Mountains National Park, saying he had been drugged and kidnapped by 3 men. LE is now saying that his story is not true and there is a charge of filing a false report. He was on his way to bible school. Oddly enough he was reported "missing" on April 14, the day after Holly was missing and I have to wonder if he is involved:

http://www.wbir.com/news/article/166...es-now-charged

In a week's span of time it seems to me that anyone with a vehicle could have gotten to Great Smoky Mountain National Park from TN. JMO.

I am also in the well planned/intelligent perp camp. I also believe the perp had planned this on a day in which a line of very strong storms were coming through (this was predicted days in advance) to ensure potential evidence was virtually eliminated.

I wonder how intensively the cousin has been interviewed about stalkers...she is well known in some circles, and there were people that were very offended when Whitney Duncan left Nashville Star. It doesn't take much to get an obsessed fan these days, and Whitney is talented and very pretty. And Holly looks a lot like her, there are a lot of pictures of them together, and Whitney says they were like sisters. Maybe someone saw her as a suitable Whitney substitute, because there was no way to actually get to Whitney? Just thinking out loud.

Just wondering though, do you think it is possible that this boy could be last seen on the 12th at 10pm and make it to TN, pick Holly, set up his crime, etc by Wednesday morning?

NOPE! Something fishy there for sure but i think he was just afraid to go home.
What was he doing up there in those mountains? I think he took offf maybe was going to run away changed his mind and well .....Maybe he was with a girl..

there have been many times girls have come up with the same story only to finally tell the truth they were afriad to go home... cause they were off with the BF for 3 days ...

Regarding finding her phone and what it could potentially reveal, if she had a smartphone, and most young people do these days, it could reveal a lot of info. Smartphones are mini computers. Any internet surfing or social networking she may have done via her smart phone in the days or weeks leading up to this will be available. If she had any contact with this person via internet/social networking prior to this, it will likely be on her phone. I still have to believe that she would not have followed a complete stranger into the woods without some kind of fight or noise...likely dropping her belongings in the process. I think she was lured in there somehow, either as a request to help someone or by someone she knew who wanted to show her something. GPS location data will likely also be available from the files on the actual phone.

MOO

This seems to be too well thought out for something a bunch of kids would do. Every time we have a big kid crime here its so pathetically bad they all get rounded up instantly. They cant plan, leave evidence, talk to their friends, put up videos on youtube, etc.

I think it is a perp or perps in their early 20's and could it be a parent is helping them cover? I also think that LE knows who it is which is why they remain so tight lipped. IMO

In a week's span of time it seems to me that anyone with a vehicle could have gotten to Great Smoky Mountain National Park from TN. JMO.

I cant get that link its not working

Actually I have found a ton of phones. Find them on the sidewalk, at the stadium when I go to the restroom (people leave them in the stalls) etc. I used to take them aroudn town to their appropriate store and collect a phone bounty that they paid for turning in lost phones.

If it's the phone that was found, it could be that the color of it is not as popular as others and that is why there is more of a chance that it is Holly's.

This would be a long shot, but would they be able to see who was not in class the day Holly was at school? I don't know if attendance is required, but they could maybe narrow it down to anyone in one of her classes. Then maybe look at any video footage for the campus to see if anything is caught on tape, in the parking lots or around the school. It would be a huge undertaking but sometimes it is out there, on a video. Maybe even where she eats or shops, if the mom or friends know any of the activities she did prior to April 12th or so? This person was absent from work or school or the home and maybe someone will put 2 + 2 together.

Maybe He REALLY didnt want to go to bible school!

This would be a long shot, but would they be able to see who was not in class the day Holly was at school? I don't know if attendance is required, but they could maybe narrow it down to anyone in one of her classes. Then maybe look at any video footage for the campus to see if anything is caught on tape, in the parking lots or around the school. It would be a huge undertaking but sometimes it is out there, on a video. Maybe even where she eats or shops, if the mom or friends know any of the activities she did prior to April 12th or so? This person was absent from work or school or the home and maybe someone will put 2 + 2 together.

Maybe he didnt miss a beat of his life! One hour it maybe took him!
he leave his house at 6 gets to holly 730 gone back home by 9 off to work or school at 10....

It may not be so complicated...

I dont know i think it was a test day they could see who took it and who didnt!

JMO
I havent closely followed many cases and missed the first few days of Holly disappearing. Seems to be lots of rumor even within the community. In my gut I have never doubted Holly was alive, I dont know why just a lack of the ominous feelings I get with so many others upon initial reports.
It also appears the towns folk support Holly being alive and I think the numbers of volunteers was supportive of this. For those of you who have followed this case very closely do you know if its possible that they have had communication with the perp or Holly. Could this have been a kidnapping for ransom plot by some youngsters gone wrong? This case seems to lack so many of the important details and lacks the fear factor and intense concern. Seems like locals and LE reports using words like "piece of the puzzle", "game", "and if you knew the rest of the story" are treading lightly on the abduction and perp. The mothers reactions, even planning a vacation for her when she comes home from this nightmare seems like we will all just look back at this as a bad dream.
They know who they are looking for. The cousin is a big star. Twenty four hour LE presence at the family home. Hollys items strewn around the area randomly sending everyone on goose chases. No bolo on vehicle or perp. The unusual reward amount from the governor. What are we missing in the big picture here?
JMO
Hope this makes sense.

I believe everyone there knows the perp(s). I applaud the community for being mostly so quiet about it. MOO, again MOO but I think there's a way better shot she's alive than would be normal in a case like this at this stage.

willnunley Will Nunley
Even though volunteer searches are said to be limited now, authorities remain around the clock in Decatur County. #hollybobo

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

As expected.

The great thing about 2011, everyone has a camera or web camera. I really hope LE subpoenaed all of the webcam and security camera data from all the ATM's in the area along 69/parsons, all of the donut shops, convenience stores and everything else that surround the site where the phone/evidence was dumped.

I ultimately think this is about finding her one way or the other, not finding enough evidence to put away a perp. IMO they've probably already got enough for that.

Does anyone have a working link for this story?

Ok i got it they are listening to the weather did you click on the listen tab on the right now downed trees lol ill keep ya posted

Hi Slueths!

This is my first post. I have read all the threads to catch up, plus, reading all the rules and etiquette of these forums. Phew....a lot of reading!

You guys are great! :rocker: I am so glad this forum is available to discuss our ideas.

Anyhoo, I have been listening and did hear him talk about the case. I just don't think I can post what he said because there is not a link to back up his words (transcripts).

He had some inneresting things to say!

~Gapstow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members