State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Harris Teeter, the loyalty card is called a "VIC". You do not swipe it, you run it over the scanner just like you do a product at check out.

She would not have "swiped" the VIC card. But I also could not tell if she was paying with cash or card.

You used to be able to swipe your your VIC while the cashier was checking you out. Could also enter you phone number in the little pin number pad to pull up your VIC. Sometime in the last few years they switch to using both little keychain sized VIC and big VIC cards, and the cashiers started scanning the cards or verbally taking your phone number.

That's not the dress she wore to the party. That's what she wore from her earlier plans. I saw something glinting in the light in that grainy video. Looked like a necklace to me at that point.

To me, this black garment looked like a swimsuit cover-up to me. My daughters and I have numerous swim-suit 'dresses/cover-ups' etc., that one slips on over your swimsuit, coming and going from pool/beach. JMO

If someone can "refresh my recollection" was any video, or at least audio, made of the search testimony by the FBI guy? If so, do you remember the day? That I'd like to go over again.

One other thing that is bothering me is that several witnesses have said that Nancy complained that Brad worked too much. Much of his work could likely be done from home...would not have required that he be in a Cisco office. He could remotely access labs at Cisco for testing, etc. I am sure that Cisco has badge readers on their buildings and could prove when Brad was actually at his Cisco office. We know he lied about this to the police b/c they have video on him at Lowe's when he said he was at work. I wonder if much of the time he said he was at work he was actually somewhere else doing something else with someone else. It makes Nancy look bad to complain that her husband is never home b/c he is working so hard at Cisco...I just wonder if that is really the case.

1. We don't know what his department required as far as him being at the office was, so regardless if he could do work from home at times, there is nothing in evidence that he also didn't have to be in the office at times.

2. He did not lie to the police about being at work because of the video at Lowe's. We don't even know what time he got to work that morning. All we know is that he said he was running late for work that morning, but that does not mean he could not have stopped on the way to buy the drop cloth because the store was on his way, it was a Friday, and traffic would be bad in the afternoon, and continued on to work.

Here's my take on how she paid--the defense team and this PI have watched that video a bazillion times-- slowed it down, backed it up, studied it, etc. If Nancy had used a credit or debit card the defense would have been all over that, so I'm guessing she paid cash.

You used to be able to swipe your your VIC while the cashier was checking you out. Could also enter you phone number in the little pin number pad to pull up your VIC. Sometime in the last few years they switch to using both little keychain sized VIC and big VIC cards, and the cashiers started scanning the cards or verbally taking your phone number.

I must respectfully disagree with swiping the old models. I've had my VIC card since 1999. I never got a newer one or one of the key models. It doesn't have a swipe strip...only a bar code. I do use my phone number to pull it up all the time...but again, no swipe.

The last part of the video of NC, it was darkened around her neck. They were trying to imply it was a tan line. I'm not so sure.

After all, with evidence from the def, there's no documentation of who has handled the evidence. No 'chain of custody.'

JMHO
fran

The thing is I didn't see an pendent.

I must respectfully disagree with swiping the old models. I've had my VIC card since 1999. I never got a newer one or one of the key models. It doesn't have a swipe strip...only a bar code. I do use my phone number to pull it up all the time...but again, no swipe.

Yea I can see it getting swiped by a cashier at one point but I've never seen where you swipe it at a self check out.

It doesn't matter, like FD mentioned if she used a card, it would of been brought up by now.

I've never been able to figure out why Brad would stop for a drop cloth on his way to work, when:

1. Nancy didn't use a drop cloth but a towel.

2. He wants us to believe she didn't plan to paint that day, but his buying a drop cloth would contradict that?

interesting,
fran

Here's my take on how she paid--the defense team and this PI have watched that video a bazillion times-- slowed it down, backed it up, studied it, etc. If Nancy had used a credit or debit card the defense would have been all over that, so I'm guessing she paid cash.

I agree, but also wonder perhaps she had a gift card if it wasn't cash.

This is all a moot point though (cash or credit) imo. I mean it would only show she wasn't telling the truth about her finances, but still doesn't factor into her murder. I would think her black dress and no necklace is more relevant. Shows BC wasn't lying but her friends were not being truthful OR they were simply not as observant as they claimed.

The thing is I didn't see an pendent.

At the beginning of the video, I thought I saw a necklace, but it was kinda' like blurry.

Of course they didn't stop the video there.

I also didn't see a necklace at the end, but I did see a discoloration in the area where the necklace SHOULD have been.

just sayin'
fran

I've never been able to figure out why Brad would stop for a drop cloth on his way to work, when:

1. Nancy didn't use a drop cloth but a towel.

2. He wants us to believe she didn't plan to paint that day, but his buying a drop cloth would contradict that?

interesting,
fran

1. Who testified to this?

2. Who's to say it wasn't for another reason (neither for painting or nefarious reasons)

There would also be a paper trail for credit/debit.

slid back, caught under straps what with bending, standing, putting kids in and out of carseats and into basket?

That's a reach for the jury to assume, don't you think? Especially because it's not obvious the chain is there.

Interesting that Prosecution is trying to discredit the video when they had JY testify to wanted us to believe that when BC was in the vestible he was able to discern sweat on the brow and a wiping of it on BCs jeans from a video at the same store, and one not as clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member