State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody recap for me the significance of the necklace, beyond someone saying she always wore it? They said she always did, and she turned up in a bathing suit without it on at the store. She didn't have earrings on at the store, but she did when she died.

It's like the ducks, I can't understand what it has to do with much of anything and am obviously missing something here.

Sure. The Pros case has been build on CE. Two of the connecting pieces of there theory have been the missing duckies and non-missing necklace.

Ducks first: The Pros theory is that BC killed NC in the foyer. The ducks nested in the foyer, and according to JA were present and accounted for a July 11th. So when they were AWOL on July 12th, the Pros has postulated that were damaged in the struggle, or stained somehow with vomitus. In any event, BC disposed of them to "cover" his crime.

However, they were present in the house the whole time, and the CPD never did not find them, during their execution of numerous search warrants, making there investigation look more than a little incompetent.

Necklace: Since NC "never" took the necklace off, according to a gaggle of witnesses, BC possession of the necklace is "proof" that he therfore removed it from NC's dead body.

The ease in which the defense has now proved that "never" is a long time, again goes to shows incompetence and a less than thorough investigation .

There presence does not prove BC innocent, but the defense debunking of the Pros certainly hurts their case.

The jury should not have already decided on either side. Their note is a bit troubling because it implies they are done. Maybe they're not even listening anymore at this point...

I'm sure the prosecution is hoping that is the case since that mountain of CE is getting whittled down to a mole hill.

Yeah I know. It shouldn't be though. This witness should be heard by the jury.

Sunshine - I think the jury has a pretty good idea that the defense can rebut the computer forensics. They have sucessfully rebutted just about everything assessed importance by the pros, and due to the litany of objections and the obvious line drawn as to JW's testimony, they knew JW was prepared to argue the integrity of the files.

..I just think Defense is wasting so much time trying to make every state witness out to be liars...

That is their job. No snarkiness here at all...but it really seems that the dedicated BDI-ers don't seem to care what the evidence is saying. You seem to want Brad convicted no matter what. Don't you think that for justice to be served for Nancy and her family that the RIGHT person should be convicted?

]

:( please take cover. these storms have killed so many and taken countless homes. be safe!

Thank you. Things seem to be ok, other than the high winds and a bit of rain. WRAL weather news is on right now and my county appears clear.

All other things being equal, it seems reasonable that the defense has as much time countering the state's case as the state has making it.

The state clearly "wasted time" with many witnesses who, over and over, had zero knowledge of the crime, but yet could testify to the various rumors of BC's interest in a French girl or whatever. The defense has done some of that, but certainly no more than the state.

If the jury is irritated that the attorneys seem to be wasting time with inane questions, questions that seem to take 2 minutes to ask each, and speaking objections requiring the jury to leave, then ok. If they simply don't want to hear the defense's case, that's nothing to do with justice at all. I hope that isn't it.

I'm so happy this potential witness isn't going to be blacked out.

All clear yet? Please report in when it is.

Yes, everything is fine. Thank you so much.
WRAL tv is covering the weather non stop right now. Tornado sighted in the Clinton area if I understood correctly.

{respectfully snipped}
You would be amazed what some jurors grasp onto when they deliberate.so guess we will see just what they do..

BBM

I agree. I was on a jury (non-felony) and I was something of a hold-out on an issue. It concerned a spouse possibly forging a signature on an insurance policy, among other things. I thought that was pretty significant in one area we were asked to deliberate on, and we had the documents available for review. Then I noticed that this signature had been done 9 years before, and it lost a lot of the significance that had been attributed to it. As soon as I noticed the date, I was convinced on how to decide.

Thank you. Things seem to be ok, other than the high winds and a bit of rain. WRAL weather news is on right now and my county appears clear.

I can't believe how crazy the weather is all over the country right now. Tornadoes, flooding... just crazy. It's just been windy here but today is calm, 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I just wish it was like that everywhere else :/

I am sure Brad Cooper killed Nancy Cooper sometime in the early hours of 7/12/08. I'm not sure he will be convicted for that murder though. Without physical evidence tying a perp to a victim and/or a murder scene, people are loathe to look at other evidence and they seem less inclined to believe any of it.

Call it the "CSI effect" if you want. Lay people are a lot more knowledgeable about physical evidence and how it's collected and tested. No one ever turns on a crime show and there is no physical evidence. Plus they see super fancy high tech equipment and graphics and animation.

He hasn't been acquitted yet and you are already insinuating that this jury cannot objectively and thoughtfully consider the evidence?

Just because you watch all the crime shows does not mean any of these jurors do (that's a big assumption) or that their deliberations will be influenced by television programs (an even bigger one).

As to the necklace, I wouldn't think it would be too far fetched to say that jogging with a necklace with a pendant would be annoying. Wouldn't it seem reasonable to take off the necklace on your way out the door to go jogging and leave it somewhere in the foyer?

I believe so, and Brad apparantly did a beer run on his way home too..I wonder why he didnt pickup milk..oh yeah, he never picked up any of her calls that day did he..so wouldnt have known about the milk shortage:waitasec: But it is odd that Nancy doing her shopping at 245PM that day not to have purchased it IF they were low on milk???.

Im with many here who believe Nancy did wear that necklace and earings..and they (friends) could only say, she always wore it, or maybe could have said they recall seeing her wear it whenever they saw her....I just think Defense is wasting so much time trying to make every state witness out to be liars...and had agenda to frame Brad....

She likely did wear it 99% of time.but what is important, was she wearing it that night when she left the party at 1230... when last seen by anyone but Brad...

He answered her call while at lunch.

I can't believe how crazy the weather is all over the country right now. Tornadoes, flooding... just crazy. It's just been windy here but today is calm, 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. I just wish it was like that everywhere else :/

It's snowing here.

That is their job. No snarkiness here at all...but it really seems that the dedicated BDI-ers don't seem to care what the evidence is saying. You seem to want Brad convicted no matter what. Don't you think that for justice to be served for Nancy and her family that the RIGHT person should be convicted?

Agree and expanding. It's the state's case, on behalf of all people, and a large part of the idea of justice is adherence to the process all citizens agree is most likely to achieve the best results. That means proof beyond a reasonable doubt, in consideration of all evidence after cases are made by both sides.

What going on? Isn't the jury out? Why are we having testimony if the jury is out? Or am I confused?

I like this witness, very understandable *if that is a word* LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member