State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
What going on? Isn't the jury out? Why are we having testimony if the jury is out? Or am I confused?

Not seeing it but I think they planned an "offer of proof" where the witness testifies to what he would have testified to if the judge had let him testify to the jury instead of just testifying to the judge. :crazy:

Poor man, said he either needed an emergency root canal or he just had one.

Not seeing it but I think they planned an "offer of proof" where the witness testifies to what he would have testified to if the judge had let him testify to the jury instead of just testifying to the judge. :crazy:

So is this like a voir dire?

Wouldn't it seem reasonable to take off the necklace on your way out the door to go jogging

Absolutely reasonable. However certain NC friends (and some posters here) maintained that she never took it off, even when running. The purpose of promoting this fiction as fact was to suggest that because NC's body was found without the necklace that: the perp must have it, it was recovered from the Cooper home, therefore it is proven that BC is the culprit.

He answered her call while at lunch.

So Brad said to his co-workers...It doesnt seem to matter now does it because Nancy was at HT then or near then..so she could have bought milk then..

Im not so sure tho..but my opinion doesnt matter

Interesting...files accessed and deleted after computer was seized.

Ok. So necklace and ducks are two pieces of circumstantial evidence, that much I knew. There's been such a stink made about them though, that I thought maybe there was some complicated theory about witnesses lying or conspiracies or something, that made those two things ultra-significant.

Agreed that having two things erased from the CE list doesn't look great. It was a long list, though. If all of it that came from her friends is now questionable, other things might reasonably have to go too.

I just had a WS-blackout... anyone else?

btw I like this witness :)

Do you not find it some sort of strange coincidence that he guessed something that she actually was wearing the day before at one point?

For a black dress? No, as a woman, I have more *basic black* in my wardrobe than anything else. This was mentioned before, so often when these missing wives cases are raised, the black bottom white top description of what she's wearing is given. Because most of us own numerous *black* outfits. It's not like saying 'she was wearing that bright pink shirt with the little white butterflies on it.' Black and or white are often given because they can be fudged without much trouble. If somebody went into my closet, they could pull out a whole bunch of different black bottoms, black skirts, black dresses, etc., but only one pink shirt with white butterflies. I'm giving you generalizations of cases here. Much like the 'bushy haired stranger of years past, morphed into the 'white,tan,black/brown/dark red van with the hawaiian, hispanic, mormons behind the wheel. As an example, both Dr. Sam Shepard and Diane Downs both identified the 'bushy haired stranger' as the real killer.

:floorlaugh:..whoopsy..sorry..however, who knows if he even saw her that morning, since they seem to avoid each other..Would she have had her bathing suit on that morning? too..?

All that is in evidence of the morning of the 11th, and has not been disputed that I am aware is that BC was home helping NC with the children that morning. I would assume based on that that he saw her that morning.

If my thinking is correct, this man is the 'replacement' for Jay Ward, since he was not vetted as a forensics expert. The problem, as I understood it, was that this man originally just sort of used Jay Ward's report as his own--or parts of it. That's why the prosecution objected to this man in the beginning after JW was not able to testify completely. So this is a voire dire and the result of Jay Ward's not being able to fully testify.

I apologize the for the tardiness of this post. I sent it about 15 minutes ago but was slammed out of WS again--must be another overload. Took me forever to get back in.

All that is in evidence of the morning of the 11th, and has not been disputed that I am aware is that BC was home helping NC with the children that morning. I would assume based on that that he saw her that morning.

You would be correct, however you can't win an argument with someone who continuously moves the goal posts.

I can't find a live feed to the trial. Can someone post a link please?

WRAL reports the jury note thusly:

"Please encourage the attorneys to use time more wisely. Shortened days prolong this process," Gessner read. "We are hoping to finish this soon! Please ask them to have their witnesses ready to go. We want our lives back."

And this hacking occurred just around 7/11-7/12???????? I find that hard to believe honestly. And just google searches on that day. I am assuming this is Brad's work computer, correct?

Ok. So necklace and ducks are two pieces of circumstantial evidence, that much I knew. There's been such a stink made about them though, that I thought maybe there was some complicated theory about witnesses lying or conspiracies or something, that made those two things ultra-significant.

Agreed that having two things erased from the CE list doesn't look great. It was a long list, though. If all of it that came from her friends is now questionable, other things might reasonably have to go too.

That's a very interesting statement. Since most of the CE related to his behavior (such as never cleaning), you have to look at where that information came from and what obvious bias they had. Again, the CE list is shrinking rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391