State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of routers being checked out/never returned, calls being made/spoofed, cell phones being wiped, etc., I think the jury is going to have a hard time getting past the google map from BZ's closing. I watched it again and it's pretty compelling. I can easily see members of the jury zeroing in on that and not being open for any other discussion.

Possible, but I disagree.

I think the jury has to come to a consensus on the phone wipe. If they feel it was deliberate, the only reason would be to destroy exculpatory evidence. If the jury comes to this conclusion, it leaves the integrity of the map vulnerable.

I haven't gone back the 40 pages since I went to bed last night......But I assume you're talking about the last time she called the realtor (and left the message she needed out ASAP). I originally took that to be he could help her rent/lease a place. Many realtors do that as well.

That is what I thought as well.

Could you give a link to that testimony? Or did you get that while personally at court? Do you know what time these activities finished up?

Cisco GM initially testified they left for lunch just after 1:00. It took a period of questioning GM about how long they were gone and when they returned before BZ said something like "OK, so you left between 1:00 and 1:30 and got back around 3:00?" which GM confirmed and was allowed to step down.

I believe M74 is referring to prosecution closing statement by BZ at around 9 minutes (give or take) he timelines access to the sites mentioned

Anyone else think it strange how much this trial and Robert Petrick's have in common?

Key evidence in that trial were Google searches including the location where her body was found done four days before she disappeared. Evidence found on disks just before the trial. Strangulation.

Given how much buzz there was about the use of Google searches as evidence in that trial, I really can't believe BC would make such an error just a few months later.

Just for some morning humor.....Over in the Crimes in the News forum, 2 leading topics are:

"Man in womens underwear kills goat"

"Woman claiming to be Jesus tased while stabbing man"

We live in a crazy world. I didn't read either of them, but did laugh out loud.

Anyone else think it strange how much this trial and Robert Petrick's have in common?

Key evidence in that trial were Google searches including the location where her body was found done four days before she disappeared. Evidence found on disks just before the trial. Strangulation.

Given how much buzz there was about the use of Google searches as evidence in that trial, I really can't believe BC would make such an error just a few months later.

Never heard of him. Is he local to NC/Cary?

Possible, but I disagree.

I think the jury has to come to a consensus on the phone wipe. If they feel it was deliberate, the only reason would be to destroy exculpatory evidence. If the jury comes to this conclusion, it leaves the integrity of the map vulnerable.

I may be too cynical then to believe that 100% of the jury will be open-minded enough to look at other evidence, other than the map. Even with the phone wipe, the map is still there.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

I think the Google Maps is way too much coincidence personally. And yes if BC was a clever as we think he is, he wouldn't have left this piece of info on the computer, particularly knowing the Petrick case.

I think the Google Maps is way too much coincidence personally. And yes if BC was a clever as we think he is, he wouldn't have left this piece of info on the computer, particularly knowing the Petrick case.

I think Cheyenne (?) suggested on an earlier post that maybe BC simply forgot to erase the google map search from his computer. That is really the only thing that makes sense (if he's guilty) because all of us non-technical people even know that. If you have 25 things to do to get rid of evidence, likely you're going to forget at least one of them if you are limited in time.

I think I'm pretty much back off the fence on guilty ground. I have made a full circle. Started guilty (just based on the fact it's "always" the husband who does it - esp when there are affairs involved), jumped on the fence (especially reading a lot of intellectual and interesting posts on this board), started to fall off the fence again to guilty with Google, jumped over the fence to innocent with all the JP/JA stuff and how it REALLY could be random, and now I think I'm back to guilty.

I have been wanting to see all evidence before making a decision. I don't know how I'd vote on the jury though, but for WS I can say guilty (I think).

Never heard of him. Is he local to NC/Cary?

Yes, Petrick was convicted in 2005 of killing his wife, Janine Sutphen a cellist with the Durham Symphony, back in 2003, and his appeal put it back in local news in Nov 2007.

I may be too cynical then to believe that 100% of the jury will be open-minded enough to look at other evidence, other than the map. Even with the phone wipe, the map is still there.

Just playing devil's advocate here.

What you are saying makes sense. I am just guessing that if it is determined that LE intentionally destoyed at least one piece of potentially exculp evidence, this jury could conclude that no incriminating evidence can be taken at face value.

were any of the timestamps from the bank activity at 1:14 invalid? i just find it odd that every single timestamp for that search was invalid and that boz blamed it on buggy vista, when even his own expert couldn't explain it.

I believe that BC could have google mapped that location on 7/14 (after learning the body location). I believe GM when he said the watermark was forged (this is different from corrupted or altered). Yes, I believe the time stamps could have been altered.

What I really want to hear is what JW promised to come back and post after the trial.

If I were a juror, the wiping of the phone would definitely create a distinct distrust for any other evidence touched by the CPD. I realize it may not have been intentional (still trying to figure out how it wasn't), but still at the least it shows the mishandling of evidence by CPD. Therefore, if they messed up one piece of evidence and we know they didn't secure the computers according to proper protocol (in the house), then why should I put any stake in the fruit from the poisonous tree? I am not saying this is true, but rather what a juror might think, particularly if they also realize there was some spoilage and date stamp errors of files.

I believe that BC could have google mapped that location on 7/14 (after learning the body location). I believe GM when he said the watermark was forged (this is different from corrupted or altered). Yes, I believe the time stamps could have been altered.

What I really want to hear is what JW promised to come back and post after the trial.

I believe BC said he did look at the error on line once he knew where she was found. Therefore, you are right about time stamp errors as a possibility.

I was assuming that the realor testified. Nancy couldn't afford to buy a house, so why would she be talking to a realor.

I work for a real estate firm that does NOT do property management but I frequently get phone calls from people that are interesting in renting and they hope I can refer them to someone else. It's twofold... you can help someone in need and when they are ready for a purchase, hopefully they will remember you!:twocents:

were any of the timestamps from the bank activity at 1:14 invalid? i just find it odd that every single timestamp for that search was invalid and that boz blamed it on buggy vista, when even his own expert couldn't explain it.

If I understood correctly, in addition to other files, every single internet history file/temporary file had invalid timestamp information (one of the date/time fields was invalid).

It might make sense that BC went to the sites mentioned after NCs body was found BUT, if he did why didn't the defense say so?

The bank info was new for me. Perhaps I missed it so that is a great question.

I think Cheyenne (?) suggested on an earlier post that maybe BC simply forgot to erase the google map search from his computer. That is really the only thing that makes sense (if he's guilty) because all of us non-technical people even know that. If you have 25 things to do to get rid of evidence, likely you're going to forget at least one of them if you are limited in time.

I think I'm pretty much back off the fence on guilty ground. I have made a full circle. Started guilty (just based on the fact it's "always" the husband who does it - esp when there are affairs involved), jumped on the fence (especially reading a lot of intellectual and interesting posts on this board), started to fall off the fence again to guilty with Google, jumped over the fence to innocent with all the JP/JA stuff and how it REALLY could be random, and now I think I'm back to guilty.

I have been wanting to see all evidence before making a decision. I don't know how I'd vote on the jury though, but for WS I can say guilty (I think).

After the Petrick trial, do you think anyone would even make such a search? That was why asked initially if there was a visit to a weather site using 27518 and maybe that site used Google Maps to display radar and other data (e.g. wunderground.com). That would be normal behavior before going to lunch when were showers around from about 12:00 until 3:00.

Boz did a great job handling the silly ducks. He quickly trumped the notion they screwed up with the real, hard evidence - the fact he was on the Google maps looking at the dump site. I think the jury will keep coming back to that very incriminating fact and convict Cooper for 1st degree murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici