2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUROR RECAP #1019:

Pretrial Publicity: *Remembers hearing about the case on the news when they found Caylee's remains. *Never had any discussions about the case with anyone. *Opinions on the case is "I guess she did it". *Says he feels he can be unbiased when it comes to the facts of the case. *Gets most of his news from local news stations. *Doesn't remember how old Caylee was. *Doesn't recognize the state or defense attorneys from TV. *Doesn't know who Cindy or George Anthony are. *Doesn't watch 48 Hours, 20/20, or Dateline. *Reads news online- mostly sports. *Claims he is "not really interested in the news". *No friends/family with an interest in the case. *No concerns about media/cameras in the courtroom. *Spends "quite a bit of time" on the computer (non-work related).

Death Penalty Stance: Against it. *No problem recommending life without parole or considering the facts of the case. *Says he could NOT consider the death penalty in any circumstance. *Believes God makes the final judgements, not him.

Misc.: *Never served on a jury before. *Has been a victim of a crime- car was broken into. *Doesn't know any crime victims or sexual assault victims. *Been to Orlando before (Disney World)..doesn't know any street names or locations other than "the major attractions". *Works for the county in Clearwater as an IT tech. *Knows about, but isn't familiar with how to use, any forensic computer software. *Been involved in litigation before (regarding a paternity lawsuit). *No familiarity with police dogs.

Family: *Married. *2 kids (4 year old girl, 9 year old boy). *Wife is a cardiac nurse. *Has 1 brother 1 sister. *Raised by a single mom. *Moved out at age 22.

Education: *Attended junior college for 2 years. *Has several computer networking and computer certifications.

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: No challenges/objections.

Called back for next round

BIG O.T. :
Since there's a little break I wanted to thank you all for your warm words, your congrats, and understanding....it means more to me than you'll ever know!

We decided not to tell anyone, family nor friends, until we knew the final dx.
I had been holding it all in. for a little over 3 weeks.
Then I read your comments and fell apart......go figure. :)
Again, your responses mean more than you know!
Blessings to you all.
Amity

Now, back to Casey.....
Not only did she Not react when they discussed decomp and HER child's death, they are talking/asking questions about death, HER own possible Death! And she doesn't flinch.....doesn't blink an eye, doesn't react in any way ? ! ?
*shakes head*

You can just read it! I'm jealous, they said your word before mine!

Can you imagine how drunk you would be if the word was horsebeforethecart?????????????????:great::floorlaugh:

Awww, okay Baez. We will let you slide on that one asking this potential juror if he looked at her what is his opinion of her guilt or innocence. We will be the ones anxiously awaiting his conclusion once he sees the "tears", the hung head, hiding her face, flaring nostrils and stuck out defiant bottom lip as well as all of the pics you tried to get thrown out so desperately. Including the one detectives took before booking your client while her daughter was still "missing" in the blue hoodie smiling, looks genuinely "happy!" in the words of LDB.

I am confident the SA knows far better than I what to do about this juror but I am puzzled why they didn't kick him off- LDB and JA both had to struggle with him to get a straight answer to a simple question.

Zsa Zsa, I hate to keep quoting on your quotes, but you post such great comments...i can't help it...lol..a question....can the State..use a chip on this guy ....say like...in the third round or something?

what a colossal waste of time and money.

this is a total waste. the american jurisprudence system run amuk.
That's one way to look at it, however this is a death penalty case, and I think, worth the effort and time to come to a fair conclusion and sentience. It's her life or death that they will be asked to judge.

Since I'm pretty sure they don't drive ICA back to her OC cell everyday...is she being held at the central jail (or whatever its called)?

P.S. Looks like she gets the same pants and only changes her shirt.

different pants...

The last juror is African American - I didn't know that.
Is that why someone suggested something asked was racist?
Because all the potential jurors have been asked the same ? so far - like if they may be retaliated against for their decisions, etc.

JUROR RECAP #1019:

Pretrial Publicity: *Remembers hearing about the case on the news when they found Caylee's remains. *Never had any discussions about the case with anyone. *Opinions on the case is "I guess she did it". *Says he feels he can be unbiased when it comes to the facts of the case. *Gets most of his news from local news stations. *Doesn't remember how old Caylee was. *Doesn't recognize the state or defense attorneys from TV. *Doesn't know who Cindy or George Anthony are. *Doesn't watch 48 Hours, 20/20, or Dateline. *Reads news online- mostly sports. *Claims he is "not really interested in the news". *No friends/family with an interest in the case. *No concerns about media/cameras in the courtroom. *Spends "quite a bit of time" on the computer (non-work related).

Death Penalty Stance: Against it. *No problem recommending life without parole or considering the facts of the case. *Says he could NOT consider the death penalty in any circumstance. *Believes God makes the final judgements, not him.

Misc.: *Never served on a jury before. *Has been a victim of a crime- car was broken into. *Doesn't know any crime victims or sexual assault victims. *Been to Orlando before (Disney World)..doesn't know any street names or locations other than "the major attractions". *Works for the county in Clearwater as an IT tech. *Knows about, but isn't familiar with how to use, any forensic computer software. *Been involved in litigation before (regarding a paternity lawsuit). *No familiarity with police dogs.

Family: *Married. *2 kids (4 year old girl, 9 year old boy). *Wife is a cardiac nurse. *Has 1 brother 1 sister. *Raised by a single mom. *Moved out at age 22.

Education: *Attended junior college for 2 years. *Has several computer networking and computer certifications.

State: No challenges/objections. Defense: No challenges/objections.

Called back for next round

What did you want for lunch,KLC?

I'll bring it back for you. :heartluv:

Next up should be #1055 - female - 20s - no hardship, has family, no children, husband no objections, student on summer break until August (sounded very chipper)

#1167 should have been next, but he's the one that went home with suspected food poisoning.

I really admire how these court officers are working in that court room,they are clearly visable,and it appears they have everything under control,including ICA JMHO

Next up should be #1055 - female - 20s - no hardship, has family, no children, husband no objections, student on summer break until August (sounded very chipper)

#1167 should have been next, but he's the one that went home with suspected food poisoning.

uh oh, I hope he didn't eat those sandwiches last night! :waitasec:

Because all the potential jurors have been asked the same ? so far - like if they may be retaliated against for their decisions, etc.

It was the way he said it....just like grouping ---- even PJ sounded a little confused...don't remember it phrased quite that way before---

Oh dear, I think I need counseling or an intervention - a friend just called to say he could pick me up for a mutual friend's wake this afternoon and I told him I was sorry but I was too busy at the office today. Sigh.

Well I didn't know the guy very well, so...LG hangs head and sighs again...

BIG O.T. :
Since there's a little break I wanted to thank you all for your warm words, your congrats, and understanding....it means more to me than you'll ever know!

We decided not to tell anyone, family nor friends, until we knew the final dx.
I had been holding it all in. for a little over 3 weeks.
Then I read your comments and fell apart......go figure. :)
Again, your responses mean more than you know!
Blessings to you all.
Amity

Now, back to Casey.....
Not only did she Not react when they discussed decomp and HER child's death, they are talking/asking questions about death, HER own possible Death! And she doesn't flinch.....doesn't blink an eye, doesn't react in any way ? ! ?
*shakes head*

So happy for you and your family ! You can always share with us !

Well to JB it's all about race....

People hate him because he's hispanic....they hate KC becasue she's pretty and white..... wah wah wah

Ummmmmmm JB that's not why! But way to go implying racism to an African American. You forgot to ask him if HE worked for slave wages!!

:maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members