2011.05.13 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Five)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yum that dessert buffet looks fab! Pass me a coke.....

I have had a thought all week about Caylee, and I just have to put it out there because it is weighing on my heart......My baby girl Lacie is six months younger than Caylee, almost to the day. Lacie came to us through the blessing of adoption, after we had been praying for a baby for a long time. She is the light of our lives, the best thing that has ever happened to me. I would lie down in front of a train to keep her safe. Hearing that Casey considered placing Caylee for adoption.....well I cannot help but think she could be somewhere with a family who thinks of her like I do my angel. She could have been treasured and a family could have been blessed with the miracle of her. It is almost more than I can bear to think about. How I wish she had been placed for adoption.:tears:

I have a son the same age Caylee was when she was killed - I look at him and just cannot imagine how a mother gets to the place she was where she could snuff out Caylee's light. I have to believe that she never bonded to her at all. Though I kinda believe that Caylee died in an accident and the rest was well whatever it was (coverup etc). My scenario is she was supposed to be watching her but she fell asleep on the job, Caylee got hurt and then went in to coverup mode. She disappeared with her because she was in the trunk.

So they are done for the day?

Yes. They closed up shop after the last recess. Only got tweets somewhere to tell us, and the screen went from Florida Seal to Courtroom to weather. Done until 8:30 tomorrow.

it is 12 jurors and 8 alternates.. he is using an alternate method of seating..

he will swear the first 12.. they will be allowed to back strike and replace them one at a time until they have the final 12... then choose alternates

that was the way I understood hhjp yesterday... he gave the method a name ... something like the claudette method??? I missed it and have been semi hunting for it on and off today

ok...at 4:45pm approx. HHJP said he was going to go profusely apologize to the waiting PJ's. Said he planned to go through X number of them, taking to approx. 11pm or midnight. CM had a hissy fit so HHJP bowed down and they agreed to do 6 more, only. HHJP went and told all but those 6 PJ's to go home. Then, slam, bam, pow! The PJ who said he would not consider age was axed. A man and a woman were let go because they won't get paid. A woman was x'd because of language barrier and general clueless-ness. A man was told bye because he decided he couldn't get past what he'd read and heard....I thought they would hear 2 more, but didn't happen.

Now, when a PJ is brought back to clarify something like if they will get paid, why can't they be weeded out at the beginning of the day??

A few extra simple questions on the voir dire questionaire would have saved a whole hell-of-alot of time!

Can someone call JP and make a suggestion...How about calling them in 6 at a time, have AF give her "drone speech", ask them if they are gonna get paid, and a few other housekeeping questions. Give them a wand with their Juror number (like they do at an auction) and they raise it to answer Yaye or Naye? That would weed em out real fast!

Then JP could get out his egg timer, set it for 30 min, and the DT could do their dog-n-pony show. Then just MAYBE we could get this trial started on time this Tuesday!

JMO :innocent:

I do think they should ask each group as a whole when they arrive in the big room together, morning and afternoon shifts, if they have any financial, or other issues they were asked to find out about, before making them sit in that big empty room for hours. That would knock a few out each day. How many now with the return letters that they will not get paid, 3 or 4 that sat there a few hours each time?

They could ask that from the get go. They had morning group and afternoon group today.

it is 12 jurors and 8 alternates.. he is using an alternate method of seating..

he will swear the first 12.. they will be allowed to back strike and replace them one at a time until they have the final 12... then choose alternates

that was the way I understood hhjp yesterday... he gave the method a name ... something like the claudette method??? I missed it and have been semi hunting for it on and off today

WOW!!! Great memory...I do believe you are correct!:woot:

Well we did get through 11 today so if they can get through 12 tomorrow HHJP will have his 20 - we already have 8 (without any strikes)

Let's hope they can get it done!

ETA - only 10, I recounted and found I counted one twice.

The DT has stalled this process for way too long, because by doing so, they stay in the media, have a sense of perceived importance, and keep KC out of REAL jail - prison. I want the judge to make this trial move forward and not allow them to continue stalling any longer.

I still stand by my original prediction though that KC will have a DRAMATIC breakdown during the prosecution's opening statements. I think there are plans for some type of 'event' to have a mistrial.

I don't think the defense will try to help make HHJP's timeline happen. I think they will continue to ask all their questions (as many different ways that they can invent) repeatedly and drag their feet whenever they can. They are not vested in moving to the actual trial because delaying is to their advantage. Memories will fade, witnesses may become unavailable, etc, etc. I would not anticipate seeing them hustle themselves along to meet HHJP's deadline at all. :cow:

I was off and on today. What was the total number of jurors so far that have made it so far?

Thanks!!!

The DT has stalled this process for way too long, because by doing so, they stay in the media, have a sense of perceived importance, and keep KC out of REAL jail - prison. I want the judge to make this trial move forward and not allow them to continue stalling any longer.

I still stand by my original prediction though that KC will have a DRAMATIC breakdown during the prosecution's opening statements. I think there are plans for some type of 'event' to have a mistrial.

Agree with your entire post. Judge Perry is quick to point out the Media exposure being a problem the longer they drag this out.

Can someone tell me what happened when JB said he had something to do Saturday?

Did anyone notice the potential juror who was asked by Baez about buying crime memorobelia on ebay? It seemed like Baez knew exactly what this potential juror bought. What do they look up people online or somewhere else? Maybe I didn't understand exactly something. Did anyone get the gist of all this?

Oh I must have missed that one. I know one man said he wanted to set up a site on ebay to sell some of his memorabilia but that was for music.

HE is beginning to remind me of a parent who says your grounded then he lets CM ,JB,and AF go out and play!:waitasec::twocents::banghead:

At the pace they were going those 4 to 5 jurors would have taken them all night had they not been excused for cause. Those who were not sure should have been put on first thing this morning just to get them out of the way. jmo

I don't think the defense will try to help make HHJP's timeline happen. I think they will continue to ask all their questions (as many different ways that they can invent) repeatedly and drag their feet whenever they can. They are not vested in moving to the actual trial because delaying is to their advantage. Memories will fade, witnesses may become unavailable, etc, etc. I would not anticipate seeing them hustle themselves along to meet HHJP's deadline at all. :cow:

I think the DT plan is to make sure this potential jury pool is tainted,then do the same in Orlando.

He either wants it in South FL or not at all. JMO

I know DP cases are different ,and this one is really different ,but the DT is obviously trying to Thwart HH's plan.

I'm waiting for them to make another motion to have HHJP recused.

A few extra simple questions on the voir dire questionaire would have saved a whole hell-of-alot of time!

Can someone call JP and make a suggestion...How about calling them in 6 at a time, have AF give her "drone speech", ask them if they are gonna get paid, and a few other housekeeping questions. Give them a wand with their Juror number (like they do at an auction) and they raise it to answer Yaye or Naye? That would weed em out real fast!

Then JP could get out his egg timer, set it for 30 min, and the DT could do their dog-n-pony show. Then just MAYBE we could get this trial started on time this Tuesday!

JMO :innocent:

This is a great idea...I can't believe that with all the years on the bench and as an attorney, HHJP hasn't thought of this. Could it be he wanted to do it this way, but was thwarted by the DT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maria_Falc