TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did this alleged ping on the North side of Signal Mtn come from?

I thought the May 2nd ping was received by a cell tower
in the vicinity of WalMart on the Southeast side of the mountain.

5:00 pm: WalMart area cell phone ping
Walmart 501 Signal Mountain Rd, Chattanooga, TN
http://bit.ly/ilncK7
which cell phone service did Gail have?

ATT Sprint Verizon Cell Towers
http://bit.ly/mT5X8h (scroll down, filter)

topo mao
http://bit.ly/j5LSV6

This one says in the general vicinity of Walmart, it's from the court documents filed.
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6498007&postcount=31"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2[/ame]

This one says on the North side of the mountain,

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/?news
Nichols said traces on Gail Palmgren’s cellphone directed police to an area near the north base of Signal Mountain. The last time there was activity on the cellphone was May 2, the same day the missing person’s report was filed, Nichols said

hth,
fran

PS.....perhaps someone local can get this verified or clarified. I don't know which side of the mountain is which?

FWIW, looking from the outside in, to me it doesn't matter which side of the mountain the cell phone pinged on. But it definitely means something to LE and those that live there. She, or at least her cell phone, was either coming or going from the mountain. The direction should be an indication to LE of the direction they should look for Gail.

I'm just concerned it was two days after she allegedly disappeared and she's still gone without a trace. IMHO, even if she had intended on leaving her husband, she most likely would NOT go this long without contacting at least one person. Especially her bro and sis, or at the least, the kids.

Even the husband said at the time he was saying she's done this before, but always stayed in contact with the kids.

Isn't happening, something is definitely wrong. We just aren't sure what?

As it's most probable this situation crossed state lines, IMHO, the FBI should take the lead and investigate!

JMHO
fran

FWIW, looking from the outside in, to me it doesn't matter which side of the mountain the cell phone pinged on. But it definitely means something to LE and those that live there. She, or at least her cell phone, was either coming or going from the mountain. The direction should be an indication to LE of the direction they should look for Gail.

I'm just concerned it was two days after she allegedly disappeared and she's still gone without a trace. IMHO, even if she had intended on leaving her husband, she most likely would NOT go this long without contacting at least one person. Especially her bro and sis, or at the least, the kids.

Even the husband said at the time he was saying she's done this before, but always stayed in contact with the kids.

Isn't happening, something is definitely wrong. We just aren't sure what?

As it's most probable this situation crossed state lines, IMHO, the FBI should take the lead and investigate!

JMHO
fran

While Signal Mtn. isn't high enough to even be a real mountain, it's about 25 miles distance from the "front" (which is actually on the southside but the main road coming from Chattanooga) to the other side, which is the descent into Dunlap. It is also probably in the neighborhood of 5-10 miles (maybe a lot more) in it's width.

It's a huge area with a majority of it wooded. With her phone pinging on the north side of the mountain, it gives me (personally) pause because to me, that likely means we aren't looking for a living person because that's straight into the rural areas and forests with countless lakes and ponds.

From the article linked above by fran, the attorney only confirmed the leave of absence - so I assume someone else put it out there first.

Additionally, I think it odd the way the article laid out that piece of information (bold and new article section header by news site):

--snip--

"Right now we just want to find Gail and right now a collaborative effort would be nice," said Gallivan.

POLICE INVESTIGATION

MP's attorney confirms he has been placed on administrative leave from his job at Blue Cross, Blue Shield in connection to his wife's disappearance.

MP..."

--snip--

Its probably not indicative of anything, but the writer adding this information under the "Police Investigation" section would imply (to someone not following the case too closely to jumpt to the conclusion you indicate) that MP is in the scope of the current police investigation, though not a suspect or POI at this time.

This ABSOLUTELY hit me the same way. Now, I wonder which category of reporting this would fall into? I would certainly believe from reading these statements that BCBST put him on leave in relationship to the disappearance of his wife and the investigation.

What a mess. I realize there is no rule book, but there are certain common sense steps people can take. In spite of having a high profile attorney, MP seems to be in the weeds when it comes to some basics.

It makes no sense whatsoever to file for custody and restraining orders-none. She returned the children to him at the time he specified. What makes him believe that he can unring that bell? We know she is not mentally unstable-PD would have changed their approach to the investigation immediately...she would be endangered missing. Plus PD says she is not. They, presumably, have the same evidence he has since he was cooperating with the investigation right out of the gate, right? So whatever he turned over to them was not compelling enough for them to change their story.

So let's quarterback for a moment-she said she was being followed and was nervous and scared. She is not unstable according to PD, ergo-she was being followed I would think. So who was following her and why?

MP has hired a PI at some point to locate his wife. Maybe he had one on retainer prior to her disappearance....Just speculating. Otherwise, who else would be following her?

Was she being stalked by a stranger? Did she tell MP that she was being followed? Does this now spark some recollection that she had mentioned suspicious activity to him or does he still discount her mental abilities?

And yet, she was still primary caregiver of his dear children in spite of her change in mental health...the mental health issues that PD say do not exist.

I dont know- at this point I am completely confused. :waitasec:

While Signal Mtn. isn't high enough to even be a real mountain, it's about 25 miles distance from the "front" (which is actually on the southside but the main road coming from Chattanooga) to the other side, which is the descent into Dunlap. It is also probably in the neighborhood of 5-10 miles (maybe a lot more) in it's width.

It's a huge area with a majority of it wooded. With her phone pinging on the north side of the mountain, it gives me (personally) pause because to me, that likely means we aren't looking for a living person because that's straight into the rural areas and forests with countless lakes and ponds.

The entire Walden's Ridge, upon which Signal Mtn. falls in, runs 74 miles in length, and includes Sand Mtn to the south and through Pikeville to the north.

regarding LE's interest in the North side of the mountain:

is this interest as a result of pings in the Saturday, 12:15-1:00 pm timeframe?

the ping on Monday, May 2nd, was alleged to be in the vicinity
of the Walmart on the Southeast side

feel free to correct me

Anywhere there are men in power and men with money, there are affairs. The vast majority of cheating men don't kill their wives ... if we're looking at this statistically ...

BBM..Also, IF we are looking at this statistically the vast majority of cheating men in power who have affairs with women in their work place don't get put on administrative leave either...JMHO

Anywhere there are men in power and men with money, there are affairs. The vast majority of cheating men don't kill their wives ... if we're looking at this statistically ...

Just men? :innocent:

BBM..Also, IF we are looking at this statistically the vase majority of cheating men with power who have affairs with women in their work place don't get put on administrative leave either...JMHO

Actually, I'd say that employees in a position of power whose indiscretions with coworkers (subordinate or otherwise) become knowledge of their employers DO get put on administrative leave or at least disciplined. From what I've seen, anyways ...

Actually, I'd say that employees in a position of power whose indiscretions with coworkers (subordinate or otherwise) become knowledge of their employers DO get put on administrative leave or at least disciplined. From what I've seen, anyways ...

no not always. my father didn't. his bosses found out what had occurred, and they didn't do anything, even though my mom said they treated them different afterwards. sometimes they consider it an embarrassing personal matter that they discourage but sweep under the rug. it's not worth losing their high profile people over if no one is claiming harassment and people are getting their jobs done and not rubbing it in people's faces. as to MP, they may have been aware of it before, but now that the whole world is aware of it, and now that LE and media may be contacting or questioning coworkers, NOW it reflects on them.

bveal@signalmountaintn.gov

hrogers@signalmountaintn.gov

I'm not suggesting a letter writing campaign BUT the first email is for the Signal Mountain Police Chief, Boyd Veal. The second is the email for the Signal Mountain Town Manager, Honna Rogers. The signalmountaintn.gov website indicates she is the "primary liaison between the Town and its citizens".

no not always. my father didn't. his bosses found out what had occurred, and they didn't do anything. sometimes they consider it an embarrassing personal matter that they discourage but sweep under the rug. as to MP, they may have been aware of it before, but now that the whole world is aware of it, and now that LE and media may be contacting or questioning coworkers, NOW it reflects on them.

Given public indiscretions from Eliot Spitzer (the insurance industry's FAVORITE indiscretion, for obvious reasons) to Arnold Schwartzenegger to the politicos passing sexually charged notes and texts to Capitol pages (male AND female) ... businesses seem to be much more attuned to sexual misconduct in the workplace.

Still doesn't mean that the guy killed his wife ...

After speaking to a dear friend at BCBST who hadn't even heard about this mess (how can that be possible?!?!) ... he said that all kinds of folks have mistress'd up at BCBST lately ... maybe it's spring fever.

Given public indiscretions from Eliot Spitzer (the insurance industry's FAVORITE indiscretion, for obvious reasons) to Arnold Schwartzenegger to the politicos passing sexually charged notes and texts to Capitol pages (male AND female) ... businesses seem to be much more attuned to sexual misconduct in the workplace.

After speaking to a dear friend at BCBST who hadn't even heard about this mess (how can that be possible?!?!) ... he said that all kinds of folks have mistress'd up at BCBST lately ... maybe it's spring fever.

BBM-they will be thrilled to have that tidbit out there, lol.

ETA: Can your friend weigh in on whether or not you are allowed to date peers or subordinates and if no, what the consequences are??

I take it they are now being investigated and placed on leave? No one is saying that this man killed his wife solely by evidence of an affair. We don't even know he had an affair for a fact. What concerns us is his behavior after she went missing. Most guys who have affairs do not kill their wives, and most guys who have affairs do NOT have wives who go missing and subsequently behave in this manner, as well. I see you have connections to people who work as BCBST.

My husband and I (at one time) both worked for the largest communication company in the South. Personally, I didn't witness that to be the case... JMHO

So, we know from Gail's neighbor, her husband was having an affair with a co-worker.

We also learn that the neighbor CONFIRMS her SUSIPICIONS also, that Gail MAYBE was being followed. The NEIGHBOR WITNESSED the suspicious car Gail was speaking of, on MORE than one occasion.

As far as the husband saying Gail had 'mental problems,' he's PROBABLY been trying to tell her she's paranoid about him having and affair and then denying it, and then SOMEONE APPEARS to MAYBE be following her as witnessed by the neighbor.

Yep! This is how they start. :(

JMHO
fran

NOW, WHERE IS GAIL!?

the fact that he won't let her family into "his" house kind of cements it for me. I just can't imagine someone doing that who doesn't have anything to hide.

With each article printed today, we found bits and pieces of something we didn't know before.

My heart goes out to Gail's family. They seem like really nice people. You can tell that Gail was nice too, because she has wonderful friends who think the world of her.

JMHO
fran

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/

The marriage of nearly 15 years was stressed.

Gail Palmgren lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010. She also suspected her husband was having an affair, according to friends and family, and had discovered hotel invoices from the DoubleTree hotel and a Hampton Inn in Chattanooga, invoices that showed his name and that he had paid in cash.

“There was talk about that. She had no proof at that point,” Nichols said. “She did mention she found some things and she was going to further investigate it. She may have found something. She could have gotten concrete proof.”

Matthew Palmgren, who changed his cellphone number since last week, could not be reached for comment on the search for Gail or respond to questions raised from the hotel invoices. Attempts to reach Bryan Hoss, Matthew Palmgren’s attorney, were unsuccessful Monday.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sorry but I am still leaning towards the husband. I am not seeing "nice guy" anywhere in this scenario.
Changed his cell>????????? What if his wife has been kidnapped and drugged and that is the only number she recalls? yeah, nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherriS