TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope for Gail's family sake they get some information soon. Every day that goes by has to be just awful for them

It seems the Theresa Parker case moved much more rapidly than we are seeing here.

State investigators and NG all within two weeks. imo.

A lot of information could point to Gail just taking off. I can even see her not being in her right mind for one day and doing it. We all have been there, stressed, upset or needing a change and possibly anyone of us could just take off as our minds are so full of anxiety that perhaps we are not thinking clearly. To be gone THIS long without one word to anyone that she is safe does not sit right with me. A few days perhaps without word but not this long.

[bbm]

You're right. It's been far too long.

Running WITH the children, yes. Running WITHOUT the children, no.

And even running with the children, I think she would have dropped her family a postcard somewhere along with run. My opinion.

[bbm]

And even running with the children, I think she would have dropped her family a postcard somewhere along with run. My opinion.

IMHO, she could have also contacted a distant family member. She wouldn't have to tell them where she is, just that she's safe and the less they know, the better.

but alas! That isn't happening here either.

Where is Gail?

fran

Locals, can you spread the word to your friends and neighbors in Signal Mountain to check their properties??

[bbm]

I agree, it's not uncommon for spouses to take off with their kids and leave, we see it happen all the time. Sure there are missing flyers posted for these children but it usually says last seen with so and so (whichever parent took off)

I also agree with Fran stating that if this was the case someone would know, without knowing where she is.

I am constantly bothered that there have been no credible sightings of this jeep with vanity plates. Surely Gail was not dumb enough to vanish with vanity plates. Could she have ditched the plates and got different ones? Sure...however, I don't see or hear enough evidence pointing in the direction that she vanished on her own. If this turns out to be the case....she is good, real good!

I just stick with the fact that she seemed to be planning something by getting things in order and she was never able to follow thru with her plan.

Locals, can you spread the word to your friends and neighbors in Signal Mountain to check their properties??

Many have done so through facebook and such. Unfortunately, at the same time frame today of GP search, there is a local benefit for a sick little girl and many are attending that function.

There are almost always sightings in MP cases...imagine how hard it must be to run them down...something like I remember the plate, but not the car or the driver. Or, I thought I saw a woman who looks like her driving a red car but I dont remember what kind....I am not sure if it was Tuesday or Friday...

Honestly, I think we have to give LE a little bit of slack here...just because we are not reading specifics in mSM doesnt mean that they arent overwhelmed with sightings, all of which they have to run down. JMO.

There are almost always sightings in MP cases...imagine how hard it must be to run them down...something like I remember the plate, but not the car or the driver. Or, I thought I saw a woman who looks like her driving a red car but I dont remember what kind....I am not sure if it was Tuesday or Friday...

Honestly, I think we have to give LE a little bit of slack here...just because we are not reading specifics in mSM doesnt mean that they arent overwhelmed with sightings, all of which they have to run down. JMO.

Oh absolutely, it's easy for all of us to sit here and judge LE, because they are not speaking to the public, but it doesn't mean they are not doing what they are supposed to.

I can only imagine the number of calls that come in to them that are legit and then the whack jobs who call in as well. Can't be easy.

That would be a great facebook message to post on the wall of each media page. That would probably get word out the fastest, especially since it is a weekend and fewer local broadcasts are on the TV schedule.

I'd actually like to know Gail's cell phone records from the night of 4/29 into the morning of 4/30. Uhm.....actually 4/29 to 5/02.

We know she talked to her sister. There appears to be some confusion on what the actual time was. I've now seen 6:30 a.m.? or there abouts, and 12:15 p.m. to the sister.

It's apparent, by his own admission, Gail talked to her husband at least ONCE. He said he told her he'd meet her, so it HAD to have been by phone. That's when she returned the children and dogs. I wonder HOW MANY times her husband phoned her at the lake home? I know someone in an abusive relationship, when they weren't arguing, he'd call her relentlessly to check up on her. Then when they were arguing, he'd call her relentlessly to try to persuade her to come home.

I'd also be interested in knowing if the husband's car was home for those two days AFTER Gail's neighbor saw Gail drive away. I guess the neighbor would have already told LE if she knew the answer to that or not.

Someone spoke about the last cell phone ping. What if it pinged when someone threw it out the window and the phone broke or hit the ground? MAYBE they should have people walk along both sides of the road in the vicinity where the phone last pinged. Maybe even take a dog or two. They could look for that cell phone, PERHAPS tossed out a car window as it either left or approached town.

I wonder what time Gail's sister reported her missing? and I wonder what time LE went out to the house? I wonder what time the husband called LE as told to by his sister in law. I wonder WHERE the husband was when he talked to Gail's sister? Maybe he was at the Lake house and came back because Gail's sister was forcing his hand? PERHAPS, that is why he wasn't home the first time LE came to the home. :eek:

Where is Gail?

JMHO
fran

Not sure if this was ever settled, but there was some question about the 3- 911 calls. So, here you go if not:

November 17, 2010 - Signal Mountain Police are called to the Palmgren's home in response to a verbal disorder. Police records show Matthew and Gail Palmgren had an argument over their missing dog. Gail went to spend the night with Matthew's mother at her Mountain Creek apartment.

April 22, 2011 - Signal Mountain Police respond to another verbal disorder between Matthew and Gail Palmgren. The two were fighting while stopped at a stop sign. The argument was over driving their Jeep to the lake. Matthew Palmgren got out of the car and attempted to walk home. Gail called police.

April 29, 2011 - Signal Mountain Police are dispatched on a third disorder. The couple was involved in an argument that ended with Gail Palmgren going to the family's lake house in Alabama for the night. The couple agreed she would also take their two children. The police report indicates Gail was given phone numbers of "a safe place to stay".

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14669942

A question about the Walmart area cell ping. Is it possible that this was a text message that registered when the phone came back into service?

I'd actually like to know Gail's cell phone records from the night of 4/29 into the morning of 4/30. Uhm.....actually 4/29 to 5/02.

What about his cell records, their home phone records? Although, I assume this is one of the first things done to attempt to track down a person. If his cell phone was used, chances are pretty good he was not home. With bad cell service, you normally use the home phone (which is listed) by default.

Also, why was he meeting her back at the house at noonish? He was told he could stay at the house and she left, so there would be no reason for him to leave, and to go to his mother's? Seriously?...unless (insert many things). :banghead:

For the safety of you and your children, most domestic violence shelters in the Clackamas-Multnomah-Washington County area (also known as the Tri-County area) are in confidential locations. This will make it harder for your abuser to find you and probably will help you feel safer. If you are staying at a confidential shelter, you will not be able to tell ANYONE the location of the shelter, even friends or family members (besides the children
staying http://www.cwsor.org/description.htmwith you at shelter).

Did a quick google about DV shelters and it appears to me you can tell anyone you choose that you are at a shelter, just not the location of the shelter.

Soooo, my best guess is, she is not at a shelter.
IMO

now, I don't believe this at all, but wouldn't it just be nutty if Gail disappeared on her own and wanted people to think Matt did something to her? It would explain why she scattered belongings and information to so many people.

bolded by me.

KathyJ, this has to be the case. I even wondered if perhaps Gail is in a safe house and the police do know about it but can't divulge her whereabouts for her own safety. If that's what is going on, MP must have made some really frightening threats toward her, because I can't imagine her leaving her kids in the lurch otherwise.

Even in saying that, though, I'm thinking of how people in Signal Mtn don't seem to have much confidence in their police force, so are they ( LE), really doing a lot behind the scenes as we'd like to think?

Listen, though ~ no way would the Signal Police let a search go on tomorrow if it was unnecessary. There are too many ways that people can get hurt up on the mountain - falling, bee stings, snakes, thorns, falling off a horse, falling off a bike, poison ivy, etc. They wouldn't call in searchers if they knew where this woman was.

And the reason is that they often need the rescue teams up there for instant emergencies when a hiker falls or a child gets lost in the woods or an Alzheimer's patient wanders away. They aren't going to call for professional searchers with dogs without a good reason.

What about his cell records, their home phone records? Although, I assume this is one of the first things done to attempt to track down a person. If his cell phone was used, chances are pretty good he was not home. With bad cell service, you normally use the home phone (which is listed) by default.

I'm sure they are getting the phone records, but probably not as quickly as they do on TV.

Lots of people here in Tennessee don't have land lines, no matter how sketchy their service is.

I'm the opposite - I like having a land line and we've had the same phone number for 20 years, so I keep mine even though it's too expensive.

It seems the Theresa Parker case moved much more rapidly than we are seeing here.

State investigators and NG all within two weeks. imo.

There's one big difference in the cases. Theresa Parker and her husband were both in Law Enforcement. She was a 911 dispatcher who was well-known. Her husband was still a cop, and while they had a history of domestic problems, the disappearance happened in a small-town setting where people believed what they wanted to believe. They felt her husband was above reproach and all their friends took up for him. I'm sure State Investigators came in because they believed she was a victim of a car-jacking or something. Walker County is just south of another mountain community in TN, Lookout Mountain (Rock City, Civil War Battlefield) and just south of Chattanooga.

But the main fact that Theresa was a 911-dispatcher and that it happened in Georgia drew attention - Nancy Grace also lives in GA. ;)

There's one big difference in the cases. Theresa Parker and her husband were both in Law Enforcement. She was a 911 dispatcher who was well-known. Her husband was still a cop, and while they had a history of domestic problems, the disappearance happened in a small-town setting where people believed what they wanted to believe. They felt her husband was above reproach and all their friends took up for him. I'm sure State Investigators came in because they believed she was a victim of a car-jacking or something. Walker County is just south of another mountain community in TN, Lookout Mountain (Rock City, Civil War Battlefield) and just south of Chattanooga.

But the main fact that Theresa was a 911-dispatcher and that it happened in Georgia drew attention - Nancy Grace also lives in GA. ;)

I'm not familiar with that case at all...is she still missing? Thanks.

Columbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member