TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not familiar with that case at all...is she still missing? Thanks.

Columbo

She was found in September (3 1/2 years after disappearing). That is why it was back in the news then. Very sad case, but at least her family was able finally to have some closure. Prosecutors had already been able to convict Sam though, without having found her. He is spending the rest of his life in prison for murder. Hopefully no chance of getting out.

now, I don't believe this at all, but wouldn't it just be nutty if Gail disappeared on her own and wanted people to think Matt did something to her? It would explain why she scattered belongings and information to so many people.

In reference to myself I am more inclined to believe Matt just may be the one who is responsible for whatever it is that has happened to her but wants LE and the public to think she disappeared on her own...JMHO

She was found in September. Very sad case, but at least her family was able finally to have some closure. They had already been able to convict Sam though, even without having found her. He is spending the rest of his life in prison for murder. Hopefully no chance of getting out.

Thanks, Pearl*. I'm glad to know that justice was served, too--even in the absence of a body.

In reference to myself I am more inclined to believe Matt just may be the one who is responsible for whatever it is that has happened to her but wants LE and the public to think she disappeared on her own...JMHO

When she arrived home from the lake house, do we know for sure if Matt was there? I'm wondering if she arrived home (Signal Mtn), discovered he was somewhere else, took off in the Jeep to meet him in this other location. That's the only way I can figure that Matt would have had a chance to do something to her. The 12:15 phone conversation with her sister may hold the key to this.

I apologize if I am going around in circles with this. I really feel that way. There are too many pieces of the puzzle missing and I hope that LE is holding these pieces.

So far I believe the most plausible theory is that someone who is not Matt did the dirty work, but was put up to it by Matt.

We do seems to be getting to this point.
IMO

She was found in September. Very sad case, but at least her family was able finally to have some closure. They had already been able to convict Sam though, even without having found her. He is spending the rest of his life in prison for murder. Hopefully no chance of getting out.

IIRC Wasn't she found in an area not too far from where he grew up as a child?

When she arrived home from the lake house, do we know for sure if Matt was there? I'm wondering if she arrived home (Signal Mtn), discovered he was somewhere else, took off in the Jeep to meet him in this other location. That's the only way I can figure that Matt would have had a chance to do something to her.

I apologize if I am going around in circles with this. I really feel that way. There are too many pieces of the puzzle missing and I hope that LE is holding these pieces.

The problem with a lot of theories is that Matt showed up 10 minutes after Gail left, according to the neighbor.

Another problem with facts is that Matt showed up 10 minutes later, but his alibi is his mother, who lives 25 minutes away. Whats up with that? Maybe the neighbor was incorrect with her 10 minute estimation...

The problem with a lot of theories is that Matt showed up 10 minutes after Gail left, according to the neighbor.

Another problem with facts is that Matt showed up 10 minutes later, but his alibi is his mother, who lives 25 minutes away. Whats up with that? Maybe the neighbor was incorrect with her 10 minute estimation...

Thank you , TheDoormouse! Sorry! That's right, she supposedly left the kids alone for 10 minutes until he arrived. I'm getting more confused, rather than less.

And maybe the neighbor was wrong with the 10 minute estimate.

It sounds like Gail gets along well with his mother, since she spent the night there recently-- when she and Matt were having a spat, I believe.

I hope LE has interviewed the kids. Kids hear everything and feel everything that's going on between their parents.

When she arrived home from the lake house, do we know for sure if Matt was there? I'm wondering if she arrived home (Signal Mtn), discovered he was somewhere else, took off in the Jeep to meet him in this other location. That's the only way I can figure that Matt would have had a chance to do something to her. The 12:15 phone conversation with her sister may hold the key to this.

From what we know thus far I am not inclined to believe he was the one who actually did the deed...JMHO

So far I believe the most plausible theory is that someone who is not Matt did the dirty work, but was put up to it by Matt.

That is what I have thought from the very beginning, because she was so afraid she was being followed and I automatically thought "hitman". However, I posted something to that effect and was scolded (sort of) so I tried to put it out of my mind. Anyway, we shall see.

From what we know thus far I am not inclined to believe he was the one who actually did the deed...JMHO

I don't see how he could have since he didn't seem to be physically in the same location as her at the time she disappeared.

That is what I have thought from the very beginning. However, I posted something to that effect and was scolded (sort of) so I tried to put it out of my mind. Anyway, we shall see.

Columbo, I think many people thought this from the beginning but hoped to be wrong. I am one of them. As time passes and more details come to light, it becomes more and more curious to me to read the posts of Matt's defenders.

I think it's time some people volunteered for lie detector tests, if only to clear up rumors. Start with Matt-Girlfriend-Mother.
IMO

I don't see how he could have since he didn't seem to be physically in the same location as her at the time she disappeared.

IMO..Just because he wasn't physically around her at the time she disappeared doesn't necessarily mean he isn't the one who is initially responsible for her disappearance.... I would love to believe she just took off, unfortunately, I don't believe that to be the case...JMHO

That is what I have thought from the very beginning, because she was so afraid she was being followed and I automatically thought "hitman". However, I posted something to that effect and was scolded (sort of) so I tried to put it out of my mind. Anyway, we shall see.

I thought this as well....and I am sure a few others have as well. It does happen, especially in cases like this and when people are obviously both smart and have lots of money. That is why I asked about the terrain, because my theory was the car that was following her ran her of the mountain.

I highly doubt Matt did it, but hypothetically if they had crossed paths and stopped, and he killed her he could have hidden her in his car and been home in the 10 minute time frame if this occurred just outside the neighborhood or near by.

However it seems very unlikely because I doubt a marital spat could escalate to murder outside of the home in 10 minutes if it was not premeditated, and if it was, I doubt he'd abandon his plan, to just kill her somewhere within moments of the house. (He'd have, what, 2 minutes to drive home?)

I am interested to know what type of car he drives.

I thought this as well....and I am sure a few others have as well. It does happen, especially in cases like this and when people are obviously both smart and have lots of money. That is why I asked about the terrain, because my theory was the car that was following her ran her of the mountain.

I just can't think of a main road going up or down the mtn where that could have happened unless it is Roberts Mill Road or somewhere on Hwy 127 going north toward Dunlap..Another thing, I would think IF I thought for a second someone was following me, I would never turn off on any deserted roads.

One question.. I think we learned from someone that MP and GP did not usually park in their garage.. Does anyone know IF she parked in the garage when she returned from Alabama on the 30th? I'm thinking someone may have been in that jeep with her when she left home on the 30th...JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500