2011.05.20 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Eleven)

I assumed the seats for the SA were for staff, visiting lawyers, etc. And no, I don't believe the DT wants them in any reserved seats they may have. I believe things are going to get ugly between the DT and the Anthony's. The DT has the Anthony's depos and past testimonies they can rely on and can claim perjury if they have to. And I think it will be the DT who is watching for this, rather than the SA.

I hope the Anthonys are tucked away in the balcony on Tuesday, as I think the defense opening statement is going to claim that KC was abused by both parents and particularly George.

During jury selection, Ann Finnell has directed her questioning of potential jurors toward parental abuse of KC and parental misconduct. She stated that KC was emotionally, mentally, and sexually abused and used as a decoy and scapegoat for her parent's misconduct.

In their opening statement, I think the defense will claim that Caylee's death was accidental. I think the abuse is going to be claimed as the reason for KC's lies, her apparent lack of remorse, and part of a cover-up on her part due to her fear of her parents.

Yes Leila, I agree with what you have said above. And worse, as I have said since Caylee was found and CA went bananas for the nation, KC will say she was "saving Caylee from mom, dad, Lee, and anyone else".

I hope the jurors are made aware that even a friend offered to raise Caylee, and just taking her to a shelter, calling an agency, anything else could have kept Caylee alive. As most would choose. Unless KC hears voices too, er ummm, sigh...................

**Disclaimer: I am not putting down those that hear voices, I have several friends that do. Usually they lean toward the suicide option, not murder. Not saying that some don't hear murder too.

I hope the Anthonys are tucked away in the balcony on Tuesday, as I think the defense opening statement is going to claim that KC was abused by both parents and particularly George.

During jury selection, Ann Finnell has directed her questioning of potential jurors toward parental abuse of KC and parental misconduct. She stated that KC was emotionally, mentally, and sexually abused and used as a decoy and scapegoat for her parent's misconduct.

In their opening statement, I think the defense will claim that Caylee's death was accidental. I think the abuse is going to be claimed as the reason for KC's lies, her apparent lack of remorse, and part of a cover-up on her part due to her fear of her parents.

I agree Leila - I think you are right on point with this post.

I think the 'strategy' may have started from the beginning of the selection of the jury. The DT can use the fact that her parents didn't even come to court to see the jury that was going to decide the fate of their DD. They can say, 'see they don't care about her and never have'. I will not be surprised at anything they use. When I heard AF reading the opening at the jury selection about how the parents used her, etc. I was shocked. You know the parents have to be in on this. If my daughter alledged those things about me, I wouldn't be anywhere near the courthouse. I believe it is all a major strategy to play the parents created a monster card. jmo

ITA! I believe GA and CA are in agreement on this defense and will play the role of parents accused of abuse. They will act out their parts showing stern expressions in the courtroom. Outside of the courthouse they'll act humiliated that their behavior is being aired publicly.

All good points but my one MAJOR problem is GA doesn't appear to be taking this lying down..IOW! Why have his atty make that statement on his behalf & put that threat out there? :waitasec:

Perhaps it's part of the whole strategy. People expect to see a man accused of sexual abuse to deny it and be angry that he was accused. I think people would be suspicious of someone meekly saying, "yes it's true."

Perhaps it's part of the whole strategy. People expect to see a man accused of sexual abuse to deny it and be angry that he was accused. I think people would be suspicious of someone meekly saying, "yes it's true."

It may very well be part of the strategy. All the DT needs is reasonable doubt.GA doesn't have to confess and the DT doesn't have to prove it.

I actually think the abuse strategy is more for the penalty phase.
I guess we'll know for sure in the "first 30 seconds" of JB's opening statement.

That may be, Leila. I remember in the Susan Smith case it came out that her step-father sexually abused her. He 'fessed up and even apologized. I don't recall him being outraged. It didn't seem to help her in the end, though.

That may be, Leila. I remember in the Susan Smith case it came out that her step-father sexually abused her. He 'fessed up and even apologized. I don't recall him being outraged. It didn't seem to help her in the end, though.

She was spared the DP, however........

MOO

ubm

While looking for the atty's statement you asked about (that I posted above from May, 2011) I came across this from March, 2011

It appears to go along with your theory..What's most interesting is he admits to meeting with Baez & CA..But no mention of GA being present.. Hmmmmmmm!

I'm not quite sure what he's implying in this 2nd paragraph but I know I don't like the sound of it & it completely goes against what he said 2 months later..Now I need to know was this before or after the start of jury selection & when AF first brought up her list of mitigating circumstances including "sexual abuse"..Does anyone know the exact date?

Lippman said, facts aside, that the defense could still use the theory that his client killed Caylee at trial.

"If there's a reasonable scenario that could cater to how the circumstances then turned out later, certainly you present it, it's absolutely necessary if you're going to represent your client zealously," Lippman said.

Lippman said he met last Friday with defense attorney Jose Baez and Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy Anthony, but he cannot say what they discussed.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/184293/19/Attorney-George-Anthony-Didnt-Kill-Caylee

It would appear that the Anthonys and their attorney, Lippman, are working with the defense. Lippman is representing both CA and GA. It sounds like the defense is carefully orchestrating the abuse angle and Lippman is on board, issuing a statement on behalf of GA denying abuse..........again part of the orchestration.

He's debating the dp with Joey Jackson (atty). Geraldo is talking about how many mothers kill their children and the state doesn't seek the death penalty. IMHO He seems to have a real problem with the DA - Lawson Lamar -as he just said that if ICA had been AA or hispanic that the dp would not have been on the table and that this is a "political ploy" Oh FSG - please.

Now showing clips from jury selection when LDB and JA would ask if they had seen Geraldo Riveria.

Is there no end to the discrimination that these poor young white girls have to suffer!?

:loser:

Seems to me there is a bunch of podiums and desks (clerk) between jury and defense table -- I bet KC will find a spot that blocks her view from most of them. Wish the jury was raised up some. Also, witness box looks very close to jury box. I bet we won't see them walking around and into it -- or InSessions better do remedial cameraman classes. The audio guys need to be fired and replaced, IMHO.

Okay, everyone back to chores and gardens and all you can till Tues! :seeya:

I agree. The DT will probably get a huge laptop so Casey has something to hide behind. :maddening:

here's a screen shot I took when she was facing the jury swearing in...

When I saw Jose smiling like that I was hoping that he wasn't making eye contact with a juror and trying to "make friends". I noticed that I thought he was trying to do so during the swearing in. I thought he appeared to be was around trying to have a "personal moment" with every juror so they would all come in on Tuesday thinking, "Gee that Mr. Baez is nice. He gave me a big old smile."
:sick:

What/who is Patty's Utube channel??? This is news to me......

LOL!! I've already thought about what I'm gonna do in July while I'm away for the summer..You know it's gonna go at least to the middle of that month which really STINKS for me :(

I'm gonna have to catch up by watching Patty's YouTube channel (or WFTV's video page) most nights.. TG! I can but it's gonna take me ALL night to do it :banghead:

I simply do not know where to ask this...will anything be televised tomorrow?
TIA

What/who is Patty's Utube channel??? This is news to me......

PattyG is a long standing member here and she records shows from her television or some magic I don't understand, then posts them on youtube for us.

Here is her youtube link: (I have no idea which one is coming up right now, if I have it wrong, someone will bring a better link. I am not that savvy.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Sierra1947

Thank you so much PattyG! We couldn't watch without you!

Will we have any WS'ers in court on Tuesday?
Amil?

Is there a list of the 20 PJs that were excused by strikes from both sides?
I just wanted to get an idea of the type of person they did not want on the jury.

There are some posters who, whenever I see their names, I take notice of their posts, as they are always EXCELLENT. Dr. Fessel is one of them. Dr, thanks.

I played the video, and wish I could express my luv (respectful luv, like for HHJP) for this woman and what she represents as she is such an ambassador for the State of Florida and Caylee. Such professionalism, 100%, and not one slip up or derogatory comment for her mentioned by anyone, even the media or these critical sleuthers... that I have ever heard of. Her dress/demeanor is 100% consistent and does not change daily (as does KC and her clothes!) MY GAWD, if I was born again I would aspire to be her. Linda Drane Burdick ROCKS as a woman! :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

Love this video. The guy has a bunch of good ones.

Linda Drane Burdick - I Am Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuJHSBAoBAA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ATLSooner