Anthony's Computer Forensics

Where to buy one? How much they are? Those were the two things that come to my mind.

I doubt that the Anthonys didn't have a shovel or two in their storage shed. If Casey researched "shovel", she probably wanted to know where she could purchase an inexpensive shovel - pay cash so it couldn't be traced - that she could use for her own purpose and dispose of it without anyone being the wiser. jmo

I know this is far-fetched, but perhaps all those early computer searches done in March or whenever, were KC thinking about doing something to CA.

I've never understood that. It's an outlier, and I think this outlier is probably not a smoking gun, just an odd search term.

Agreed. But... with the shovel neighbor dude pique's interest, and for good reason. Maybe she wanted to break her mom/dad's neck with a shovel, etc., too.

I know this is far-fetched, but perhaps all those early computer searches done in March or whenever, were KC thinking about doing something to CA.

Not far fetched to me . I think both GA and CA were in the crosshairs. Maybe they were the only ones she intended to kill, but IMO ,once you cross that line ,anything becomes possible. On June 16th Caylee became her target. I think CA and GA would have been next.
But that's speculation on my part.

Seriously? LMAO!! I had not heard that... Even her own party circle knew she was a "ho"

Are we allowed to quote Urban Dictionary? I feel so old...you learn something new every day....

6. The male version of hoe. A clumsy player who gets no respect.
Ron is such a shovel. Cindy and Bev would have both ditched him if they weren't hoes themselves.

I was also wondering why in the world she needed information on shovels. I mean, they really are self explanatory tools. Surely she knew how to operate one.

Because of her computer searches, I do think she at least contemplated killing her parents, at least Cindy, especially in light of her comments about moving into her parents home.
(Don't ya wonder if that was a shocker to G&C sitting there??) :eek:( She had mentioned this to more than a couple of folks.

I do think she borrowed the shovel to try and bury Caylee, but soon realized how hard that job would be. . . And I think that's when Caylee went to the trunk. Perhaps why the car did not smell yet on the 17th. I can't imagine even she would be dumb enough to head out with 3 others in her car with a decomposing child in her trunk . . (. but then it is Casey )

it's also a slang term w/ a similar meaning to "ho" (either male or female). urban dictionary is one place where you can see those definitions

long/long ago someone in KC's party circle called her a shovel and people laughed about it (wish I could remember where I read that/which forum)

so maybe that's why she looked it up

Urban dictionary for Shovel--

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shovel

I like #3: To bull*****. (to shovel the *****)
When he said he won the lottery, I knew he was shoveling.

I doubt that the Anthonys didn't have a shovel or two in their storage shed. If Casey researched "shovel", she probably wanted to know where she could purchase an inexpensive shovel - pay cash so it couldn't be traced - that she could use for her own purpose and dispose of it without anyone being the wiser. jmo

This might be far fetched ...but... we have several kinds of shovels..
Maybe she was having a hard time making the one she borrowed work in the back yard ..and was trying to see if another one would work

There are three types of shovels

The first is called a round point shovel. This shovel is best for digging through tough soil, digging holes, and removing larger plants.
0415t-1lg.jpg

The second shovel is called a square point shovel. It is great for scooping out loose dirt and shoveling material like sand or mulch.
0415t-2lg.jpg

Finally, there is a garden spade, which has very straight edge. This is the tool used to cut through sod and create perfectly straight lines for edging.
0415t-3lg.jpg

Whatever she used the shovel for...It (the shovel) doesn't seem to have yielded any forensic information of relevance. I'm not sure why the SA is stressing the "shovel" info. Have I missed something?

moo

Because of her computer searches, I do think she at least contemplated killing her parents, at least Cindy, especially in light of her comments about moving into her parents home.
(Don't ya wonder if that was a shocker to G&C sitting there??) :eek:( She had mentioned this to more than a couple of folks.

I do think she borrowed the shovel to try and bury Caylee, but soon realized how hard that job would be. . . And I think that's when Caylee went to the trunk. Perhaps why the car did not smell yet on the 17th. I can't imagine even she would be dumb enough to head out with 3 others in her car with a decomposing child in her trunk . . (. but then it is Casey )

I think she thought digging the hole would be like it is in the cartoons. 3 seconds and grave has been dug.

Whatever she used the shovel for...It (the shovel) doesn't seem to have yielded any forensic information of relevance. I'm not sure why the SA is stressing the "shovel" info. Have I missed something?
I think the "shovel" search just goes along with the other searches - chloroform, neck breaking, self defense, etc. Just by itself it doesn't mean much. Remember she did borrow the shovel from the neighbor.

The SA may introduce what the actual websites were for these searches - just how far she went to find information and what information she found.

I think the dates were clarified by AL to be before Caylee died.

OK, I will admit that I have Googled shovels.

I was an apartment-dweller all my adult life until just recently. When I bought my first home a couple years ago, I had never done yard work and had no idea what tools I would need even to plant some flowers, etc. There are many kinds of shovels with some being better for specific tasks.

I planned to plant some small trees and shrubs in my yard. I Googled what kind of shovel to use, how deep to dig, etc. But, in the end I didn't purchase a shovel...I borrowed one from a neighbor. Yup, not kidding! I went to my neighbor's house and asked if she had the kind of shovel needed to dig a hole to plant a shrub. She gave me what I needed and asked if I needed help digging the hole. I said no thanks, I could dig the hole myself.

Let me tell you, it wasn't as easy digging that hole as I had anticipated. The neighbor saw me trying and sauntered over to help. She and I worked together for half an hour planting that shrub...and it wasn't a very big shrub, meaning it didn't need a very large hole to accommodate it.

I think Casey planned to bury Caylee and borrowed the shovel for that pupose, but then found digging a large enough hole proved to be much more difficult than she had anticipated it would be, so she gave up that plan and returned the shovel. The reason I believe this could be what happened is the dogs hitting in a couple areas on the property. Dogs can hit on very early stages of decomp, well before humans would notice anything. I think Caylee was in the laundry bag and placed on the ground temporarily, and then returned to the car trunk when Casey had to come up with another means of disposal. I can't help but wonder if the prosecution is thinking along these lines as well, and this could be their reason for having mentioned internet search for a shovel and subsequent borrowing of a shovel.

Someone posted--I cannot remember in which thread--that there was evidence that some ground had been disturbed in the Anthony's yard. If that is true, it might be where Casey attempted to dig a hole but didn't get very far before realizing she wouldn't be able to finish the task.

IMO, there wasn't any second party "sender" of the email. These programs are fairly common to set things up as if someone else is the sender. Just another smokescreen that KC put up to try and dupe her parents into believing she had a job or whatever. Even I could get a program like that installed on an unsuspecting person. KC did what she had to do to get thru one more day. Period.

moo

I think it is because they want to show a physical correlation with the computer search and the actual action of needing a shovel. So it may correlate with chloroform in the same way somehow.

Her birthdate is:in March
so?
I was thinking....
if maybe something triggered this snowball effect?

so from Jan 2008-June 2008 ?

if anyone can fill in the events from the near past even back to 2007?
on to the june 16th day..
she had a reason for doing this...
which began before she met TONY and his gang of pals.:loser:

I think the STATE needs to look back at least one year prior to this death....texts, cell calls everything...

I think it is because they want to show a physical correlation with the computer search and the actual action of needing a shovel. So it may correlate with chloroform in the same way somehow.

For some reason she began searching these morbid things..why?

For some reason she began searching these morbid things..why?

I'm gonna write this with reservation, because I have tried to go back and find the link, and did find some pertinent links, but not the one I am looking for...however, I did look at this recently and here on WS, so my memory should serve me somewhat correctly:

Around the time in March when she looked all of these things up, CA and KC had a big ole' money issue. Shocker.
Then, as was written here, she sends Lee a MySpace message thanking him for being the one to stick up for her. Thinking there was a nasty fight and KC's reaction to a verbal fight is violence. If CA will admit to a fight in March and June, that may be KC's one way ticket to the hole. Not holding my breath.

Dont know where else to post this question, it certainly doesnt require a lawyer so if the mods need to move it, pls do.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD ANYONE GOOGLE "SHOVEL"? SERIOUSLY WHY? I CANT FIGURE OUT WHY, THOUGHTS?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back