2011.05.28 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did CA say about the evening of June 15th? Was there a fight or not after ICA got home? Lee told JG there was, which resulted in CA grabbing
ICA by the throat and ICA left after that........ anyone,please!!

I wonder about that too. Didn't she mention to AL in the wee hours on the phone about a big fight that night?

Bringing over from hearing thread:

Can the "My Caylee is missing" post come in after SA has laid the foundation/predicate (sorry, not a lawyer so don't know which to use) for ICA's massive thievery? I'm beginning to wonder if her theft will be brought into this trial at all.

We need a lawyer here but I am going to guess that the DT stipulated to it and it won't be discussed....too predjudicial.

I asked this on the trial thread and then lost where I asked . . .sorry .... please tell me what everyone thinks about the fight the night of 15th of June . . .skipped over not discussed this morning ...does anyone think that will be brought up??

Cindy has never admitted there was an argument. Since it was Lee who told JG that and JG told LE it's probably hearsay. LDB asked CA about the 15th. and what she did. CA did not offer nor was she asked about an argument. I think that would have been the time to do it.

My guess is because it was Casey who told Lee it's a lie. Never happened. No choking.

I loved hearing the details of the sets of doors, the locks, the ways a person could get to the pool, the ladder --- seriously, even if the ladder was left up on the pool, it would be hard to imagine a child who wasn't known to be an escape artist getting past the sliding doors with locks and latches to get out there without anyone hearing or knowing.

What is happening now- are they at lunch, conferencing with ICA, sidebar- what? I cannot watch the video from this location today!!!!

I wonder about that too. Didn't she mention to AL in the wee hours on the phone about a big fight that night?

Doesn't look like they are going to go there. Cindy just testifie it was a great night. Looks like the barn door is closed on that one.

What is happening now- are they at lunch, conferencing with ICA, sidebar- what? I cannot watch the video from this location today!!!!

Recess till Tuesday 8:30

I do not think SA will go there but JB might on cross

SA will not because of the choking (alleged) incident - it will bolster ICA's abuse excuse and make CA look unattractive to the jury.

JB MAY, for that very reason, but I don't think so because we would then have to go into all the theft and the reason for the fight and since DT has already stipulated to the theft they do not want testimony trotted out about it.

moo

That is what I was looking for ...others opinions..Thank YOu for yours! I agree the choking could be a form of abuse ....if so ..I think it should be brought out by prosecution ...get it on the table..debunk if there was a choking incident or not if there was ...get it out and show this could have tipped the scale toward murder not accident just as well as showing abuse toward kc...moo

Everytime Cnn focused on George, he was doing motions around his nose and mouth, almost like signally, did anyone notice that?

After this morning's proceedings, I think the DT knows that they are in deep doo-doo thanks to their client. Both of her parents have stopped supporting their daughter in her ring of lies which Casey obviously expected them to do. Casey's last hope was that Cindy would choose her over George, and that is not going to happen. Maybe the DT will advise her to quit this charade and plea. jmo

Bringing over from hearing thread:

Can the "My Caylee is missing" post come in after SA has laid the foundation/predicate (sorry, not a lawyer so don't know which to use) for ICA's massive thievery? I'm beginning to wonder if her theft will be brought into this trial at all.

I believe that it will not be allowed in because of the statements in it about her stealing money..
altho we would love all of this to come in.. there are things that wont..
Its not the judge taking one side over the other.. He is following the law and making sure to keep the appeal posibitities to a min.\
MOO

Not that I can recall. She was telling several people including TL that GA and CA were fighting all the time. Too much drama.

I do not think SA will go there but JB might on cross

SA will not because of the choking (alleged) incident - it will bolster ICA's abuse excuse and make CA look unattractive to the jury.

JB MAY, for that very reason, but I don't think so because we would then have to go into all the theft and the reason for the fight and since DT has already stipulated to the theft they do not want testimony trotted out about it.

moo

I know this is very unpopular, but as I said on trial thread, I don't think there was a fight on the 15th - earlier in the month I'd believe, but the timeline and cell pings make me believe there as a day or so space between the fight and the Mt. Dora day - I think that viewing Caylee's video together may have been CAs attempt to mend and refocus ICAs priorities

I know it's unpopular, but I don't take the fight thing as gospel.

No bricks pls

No mention of any of that. And the Anthonys have never admitted that ever happened,.

Not only not admitted but denied it happened at every opportunity.... but since things have changed (?) to telling the truth I was curious if that was brought up this am..
thanks

Brought over from trial thread:

I have a feeling it was more than one credit kc was missing.

No according to her transcript she needed .5 units of English to graduate. This is a required course - it often comes up at the last minute just prior to graduation.

I personally know 2 people this has happened to.

Big pow wow happening in ICA's cell, Mason, Sims and Baez all went back there with her for a meeting. Wondered what scared the pants off them exactly?

I'm guessing the drowning theory is seriously busted.

Brilliant move by the State to go through all the pool details with Cindy, brilliant.

I am thinking that it's time to discuss a plea.
It's obvious today that Cindy is not willing to go along with the defense theory to save Casey's life.
And although I do believe that the entire family will plead for Casey to spend the rest of her life in prison, I don't think the Defense is ready to take the chance with the jury.
Cindy, George and Lee will do the right things here.
The testimony that may come out about the time she was out of jail, in her home, prancing around in the "find Caylee" tshirts are going to be really, really, bad for the defense.

Either Casey will take the plea, or she will try her damnedest to be the largest victim on the place of the earth, on the stand, where Jeff Ashton will chew her up and spit her out for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

No, I think they were just saying no 911 call today, which is what many were hoping for.

Thank you - now I get it. I was hoping to hear Cindy's 911 call today too... If LDB picks up where she left off with Cindy on Tuesday, guess we'll hear it early into Tuesday's court session.

Btw, I think Cindy did a good job today. A little wordy, but very credible. I agree with those who think it's good to let Cindy tell the story as if Casey's fictional friends really exist; Cindy thought they did. When the jury is reminded that there was no Zanny, Zachary, Juliette... they will better appreciate the sense of betrayal expressed by both Tony and Cindy in today's testimony. Casey wasn't just white-lying about little things, she was practicing hurtful and elaborate deception to those who cared most about her. The jury will be left wondering, "is there anything this woman wouldn't do to have things her way?".

A little worried about what Baez will attempt in his cross-examination of Cindy. I hope Cindy stays strong but sympathetic and doesn't get argumentative; let the jury see him bullying the proud grandmother...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn