2011.06.04 TRIAL Day Ten (Morning Session ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Baez trying to confuse the jury? I think Lowe is clear, but the jury may be unsure of what the point is here.

Bingo. That is his tactic. If he can confuse at least 1 juror, he has done his job.

Jose is talking about how they were discussing the history of micro scopic analysis and then the National Academy of Sciences...

So far the witness has agreed.

JB: you consider them as authoritive?

yes

JB: they were highly critical on the area of micro scopic analysis Were THEY NOT?

hair examinations are never the means of identification. the criticizism is point out with what we agree. hair is not a positive means of idientification. I don't disagree with what is in the report it is a limitation.

JB: nuclear dna and not mitichrondrial dna?

yes(longer but yes)

JB: nuclear is more...than mitichrondrial...

?

JB: ?

objection
sustained

JB: she has certain knowledge...

HHJP: I have sustained the objection

JB: are you aware of...strike that...as we were explaining this to the jury that is the reason why you can not testify and will not testify that one hair comes from one individual...

Jose just said "Pwobwem" for problem...he just did it again while I typed that...anywho...Jose is trying to get the witness to say they do not use hair banding as a way to identify a certain person...

(they do that with other methods I am sure and that will come in but Jose is jumping the gun hoping to get this confused)

and the witness has done nothing but agree with. And so all he can do is keep on asking her about the work she has done and saying things like: You don't know...

you dont know where the red fern grows? you don't know how my cooking goes...you don't know...

Now JB establishes that it could have been a dead Casey or a dead Cindy that was put in the trunk and shed the death band hair.

Maybe he'll put CA on the stand and ask her if she's ever committed suicide! CAs depostion showed she has color treated her hair blonde for years.

The witness doesn't understand JB's question. The club has a new member.

A corpse may have hair root banding, or it may not- but if you have a hair with one of those bands, it came from a corpse.

There, I saved the DT 2 hours.

I have a feeling at the end of this trial HHJP is going to put JB squarely in his place. I'm so looking forward to that day when JB has to stand there and hear just how totally inept this amazing and well respected Judge thinks he is. :dance:

Now JB establishes that it could have been a dead Casey or a dead Cindy that was put in the trunk and shed the death band hair.

Which would establish through MDNA that it had to be Caylee. I know he sounds a bit "dumb", but he is doing a decent job of muddying the water, I think.

Do you all recall what ICA said when the concluded that the hair had come from ICA CA or Caylee (via Mitochondrial dna) ... "Well, I'm not dead...."
CA (hair is artificially colored and therefore irrelevant) and ICA are not dead. That leaves only Caylee. An important point proved ........... (on cross examination!!!) :crazy:

He's arguing this so that it will equivocal whether the hair on the tape went on a live Caylee (which would support his position on the drowning)

Sheesh JB, when the band does show it is only from deceased persons.

I hope the jury understands this.

a little birdie told me that we do not call members of the defense team names. please watch wording when referring to the defense team. Thanks :)

I know it is his job but JB just discounting her whole 13 years of experience in her job...

props to her for staying calm and cool..

MOO

Study shows that it shows 8 hours after death but JB insists that the witness knows when it appears.

JB says witness doesn't know how often the post mortem hair banding appears

JB: you don't know how often it comes up

Jose is lost in this questioning...this is based on a handful of studies...

she says and training...Jose is trying to discredit her to make her seem like...

"and all you have done is these few studies..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members