2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh geez, I started keeping track and lost count how many times JB was overruled... anyone?

It's not really the same thing. Here we are talking about the relatively unverified methods Vass is testifying about and I think that can be seen to parallel his belief in diving to at least some extent. I thought Baez did a good job in his final cross trying to point out Vass overextending himself in his opinions and that type of thing might be buttressed by his affection for divining.

Do you believe that a rotting potato would give off chemicals, and that those chemicals would be found in the air surrounding the rotting potato?

Dr. Vass put Baez in his place over and over again. Just like JA always slapping JB down, no no, bad puppy, BAD! JB whimpers off to the corner to lick his wounds once again.

I don't know what was the best moment from today!

1. Baez unable to spell iron or magnesium
2. Bringing up the use of recreational drugs & tying them to the inmate
3. Baez unable to pronounce the names of basic scientific instruments or Greek people
4. The thought of eating multiple pounds of raw hamburger meat in a trunk with a plastic bag on one's head
5. Vass being able to talk about "the stain" on multiple occassions in front of the jury (What you talkin' bout, Willis?)
6. Baez objecting to his own question.

Ah, Baez. He really is the gift that keeps on giving. Anybody need a new bikini?

:lol:

I don't know what was the best moment from today!

1. Baez unable to spell iron or magnesium
2. Bringing up the use of recreational drugs & tying them to the inmate
3. Baez unable to pronounce the names of basic scientific instruments or Greek people
4. The thought of eating multiple pounds of raw hamburger meat in a trunk with a plastic bag on one's head
5. Vass being able to talk about "the stain" on multiple occassions in front of the jury (What you talkin' bout, Willis?)
6. Baez objecting to his own question.

Ah, Baez. He really is the gift that keeps on giving. Anybody need a new bikini?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I LOLed so hard...thanks wasnt enough. Sometimes there just are NO words for JAB!!!!

It's not really the same thing. Here we are talking about the relatively unverified methods Vass is testifying about and I think that can be seen to parallel his belief in diving to at least some extent. I thought Baez did a good job in his final cross trying to point out Vass overextending himself in his opinions and that type of thing might be buttressed by his affection for divining.
Everything was new at some point. I think he's a very courageous man. He's basically going where no one else has gone before...and with such passion and dedication. Scientists can be so emotionless when it comes to their work...but this man sees the good it brings to the world and you can feel it.

OF COURSE there was a dead body in the car!

Wow, I nodded off and got left behind...........I can't help but think that there was also cloroform left over from other times that she "put" Caylee asleep. I certainly don't think that this was the first and last time that she used cloroform.

I've seen witching for water, and IIRC, metal clothes hangers were used. Not just any clothes hangers will work, and not everyone has the necessary skill to use the right ones.

dr vass is amazing. the way he handled JB's alarmingly <modsnip> questioning just amazed me. absolutely loooooove dr vass :heartluv:

Absolutely, there is nothing more attractive than supreme intelligence. I'll take it any day over physical beauty...

Objectively speaking, there were points Baez should have pressed Dr Vass on, but he didn't, which hurt Baez badly, which hurts his client far more. If he really cared about a vigorous defense, he would have passed Dr Vass to Sims. At least she has practical experience, IMO. I have the utmost respect for Dr Vass and his work, but a better lawyer could have done damage control and given Dr Vass' testimony a problem, so to speak.

I'm glad Baez's cross was a fail; he made very little headway and no real dents in JA's direct exam, but I can't help but think Baez's failure is mostly due to his inexperience.

I wonder what the jury must be thinking after Baez's cross.

Let us dispute with the post, and not the poster, please.

TOS still rules in the Sidebar.

Ok, I just got home and missed the last few hours of testimony. Did baez make headway? Also, why did court end so early? I was hoping to catch the last few minutes. bummer. That place wastes so much time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoyaMathilde