2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One for us, and one for the wonderful Dr. Arpad Vass!

370174961_4248f08aff.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/183/370174961_4248f08aff.jpg

Thank you! I'm sure Dr. Vass could really use one after the fabulous job he did today!

Wow! Am I correct in understanding that the chloroform was a million times higher than normal.

Parts per trillion vs the normal of parts per million. So that would be a million TIMES one million to get to a trillion?!? I think my math is right, but that is clearly shocking.

Well now I know why I love Dr Vass so much!

He's a fellow Hungarian, just like me!

I was killing myself laughing when at the end Baez was trying to make Mason stand up and argue the subpoena - Mason wasn't having a bar of it and was pushing him away with his elbow going "no you do it" Baez keep going "gnat gnat gnat" and eventually Mason started clicking on his computer. LOL omg Baez doesn't even want to argue his own stuff anymore!

Clearly Baez is using the "take out burger and fries defense" with his questioning of Dr Vass.

Iactually am not surprised that there wasnt alot of fluorine element in Caylee's decomp fluid :)sick:)..she was less than 3 years old...yikes We are in general a toxic garbage bag of all the ca&&olla we shove into ourselves over the years..so NOT surprised Caylee didnt have such an accumlation..JMOO of course..Most certainly nothing that should compromise the results found in the findings:twocents:

I don't know what was the best moment from today!

1. Baez unable to spell iron or magnesium
2. Bringing up the use of recreational drugs & tying them to the inmate
3. Baez unable to pronounce the names of basic scientific instruments or Greek people
4. The thought of eating multiple pounds of raw hamburger meat in a trunk with a plastic bag on one's head
5. Vass being able to talk about "the stain" on multiple occassions in front of the jury (What you talkin' bout, Willis?)
6. Baez objecting to his own question.

Ah, Baez. He really is the gift that keeps on giving. Anybody need a new bikini?

BBM This! IMO

Absolutely, there is nothing more attractive than supreme intelligence. I'll take it any day over physical beauty...

Dr. Vass seems to be blessed with both - PLUS a sense of humor. He's the entire package.

:blowkiss:

I heard that -- JB objecting to his own question. Oh my!

Objectively speaking, there were points Baez should have pressed Dr Vass on, but he didn't, which hurt Baez badly, which hurts his client far more. If he really cared about a vigorous defense, he would have passed Dr Vass to Sims. At least she has practical experience, IMO. I have the utmost respect for Dr Vass and his work, but a better lawyer could have done damage control and given Dr Vass' testimony a problem, so to speak.

I'm glad Baez's cross was a fail; he made very little headway and no real dents in JA's direct exam, but I can't help but think Baez's failure is mostly due to his inexperience.

I wonder what the jury must be thinking after Baez's cross.

If Baez were smart, he wouldn't have gone after Vass, but instead driven home the point that Dr. Vass didn't collect these air samples personally, and thus can not testify as to whether nor not these air samples were contaminated or not.

Gosh, I never knew it took such a vast amount of knowledge to be a lawyer. I had often thought I had wanted to go in that direction. You have to be alert in so many areas! And a defense lawyer as everyone on tv is saying "doing their job", encroaches involving so many low brow tactics. How can an honest person ever be a defense lawyer?

The man is obviously brilliant yet has no airs about him. He can't connect with Baez's insults...he's so far removed from that kind of talk.

Sigh. All kidding aside; I wish I could read the jury's mind.. I don't want this girl to walk, I really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500