2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen witching for water, and IIRC, metal clothes hangers were used. Not just any clothes hangers will work, and not everyone has the necessary skill to use the right ones.

BBM
We used straight fencing wire (not chain-link though) bent into an "L" shape and we could consistently find buried water lines and sewer lines. Not all in my family could do this though. It seemed that some did not have the proper light touch it required to let the rods "FLOAT" in your hands.

During most of this trial I have just sat there scratching my head thinking wth is the DT doing? Yeah go with the accident theory it's all you have but why attack the forensic evidence in this case? Just go with it you already admitted Caylee was dead on the 16th so why contest the evidence of decomp?

My theory. It's not the decomp that scares the DT. Its the elevated levels of chloroform that Dr. Vass found. Since the DT can't make the chloroform go away they are forced into arguing against all of the evidence Dr. Vass analyzed. It's that double whammy of chloroform and duct tape that is going to be in the jurors minds. Especially when they start deliberating premeditation.

That or the DT has absolutely no idea what to do and is just tossing stuff into a fan and praying.

Wow, I nodded off and got left behind...........I can't help but think that there was also chloroform left over from other times that she "put" Caylee asleep. I certainly don't think that this was the first and last time that she used chloroform.

Well, thanks to JB, jurors really became aware of other drugs in the trunk. He mentioned that THC from marijuana on the paper towel way more than was necessary. Dumb move for the DT.

I heard that -- JB objecting to his own question. Oh my!

When DH and I heard that we broke out laughing :floorlaugh:....and kept on laughing...:floorlaugh:
JBP "Mr Baez you asked the question" bwah ha ha ha ha ha :great:

I wished we would have seen Jeff Ashton's face at that time..it must have been priceless

Does anyone think Baez scored anything today? If so, what? TIA

Well, I don't anything about courtrooms but I know what's funny and surely that cross will go down in history as one hot mess.

Baez's spelling of IORN? I mean really? You wanna do that in front of a jury?

How did I miss this? When did he spell iron? Outloud?!

I'd love for the jurors to submit a request to Judge Perry for the movie, National Geographic: Secrets of the Body Farm.

Just for kicks and giggles, of course. ;)
(And to see JB's reaction!)

I really think Dr. Vass could have taken JB with one hand tied behind his back. Just sayin' :innocent:

Bringing my question over from the trial thread:

Ok, what can Dr Vass contribute to the defense CIC? Anyone have a clue?

He can probably inform them that he is neither a physicist or a chemist.

BBM
We used straight fencing wire (not chain-link though) bent into an "L" shape and we could consistently find buried water lines and sewer lines. Not all in my family could do this though. It seemed that some did not have the proper light touch it required to let the rods "FLOAT" in your hands.

I've done this a number of times for the same reasons you state - pipelines too (Helloooo Texas!) - it's quite uncanny

If you want to be really sickened, Google @ABCAshleigh Twitter to read some of Ashleigh Banfield's decidedly pro-defense tweets from the last few days. :maddening:

I guess ABC has to protect their $250,000 defense fund investment. :banghead:

How did I miss this? When did he spell iron? Outloud?!

He tried to belittle Dr Vass and make him get up and write on his chalkboard but Mr Ashton put a stop to it. Baez then had to write up magnesium and shortened it to "MAG" because he couldn't spell it then wrote down "IO" then crossed it out and wrote iron - really, it was such a joke!

It is so painful to watch JB's cross examinations...even more painful to see the recaps on HLN...smh...makes me feel like sticking needles in my eyeballs and eardrums...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93