2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iactually am not surprised that there wasnt alot of fluorine element in Caylee's decomp fluid :)sick:)..she was less than 3 years old...yikes We are in general a toxic garbage bag of all the ca&&olla we shove into ourselves over the years..so NOT surprised Caylee didnt have such an accumlation..JMOO of course..Most certainly nothing that should compromise the results found in the findings:twocents:

Dentists will not treat children's teeth with Flouride until they are past their 3rd birthday. Everything they use on toddlers is non flourinated. My wife runs a pediatric dental clinic. I have closets full of sample toothpaste that she brings home because they cannot use it or give it to the kids, because it has flouride.

Is anybody else having problems with WS today? I cannot get it to load...been locked out about 4 hours now.

That terrific and for Caylee's sake I hope the jury shares your view. But that's not what scientific testimony in these types of trials should be about. It should be about science that has been thoroughly vetted, shown to be reproducible, and about results that have been generated through highly controlled conditions.

i thought this was interesting
http://www.forensicdna.com/Timeline020702.pdf

New York v. Castro: first case in which DNA admissibility challenged. This set in motion standardization and quality control guidelines for DNA labs and the general forensic community.

I guess i think you gotta start somewhere, or else never go forward with new technology

Dr Vass "I get paid to think outside the box, I don't even know what the box is"

Beautiful! :)

maybe it is just me (as a medical professional) but I think JB went a LONG way in helping to prove "Ground Breaking" evidenciary acceptable evidence!! and for that I thank JB..good job in helping Dr. Vass prove his premise, methodology and findings!! Great job Jose!!

:woohoo::woohoo:

You're right...that is pretty nice of JB when you really think about it. Giving up the whole case to help AV.

Time for real drinks in real life, rather than viewing tasty drinks on line.

good day for the prosecution, history in the making.

It is so painful to watch JB's cross examinations...even more painful to see the recaps on HLN...smh...makes me feel like sticking needles in my eyeballs and eardrums...
Yes, it really is painful. I had to turn it off during the cross. I can't get over JB thinking he could handle these forensics. Good Lord.

:banghead:

It's not really the same thing. Here we are talking about the relatively unverified methods Vass is testifying about and I think that can be seen to parallel his belief in diving to at least some extent. I thought Baez did a good job in his final cross trying to point out Vass overextending himself in his opinions and that type of thing might be buttressed by his affection for divining.
And scientists who believe in Jesus, Angels, and a personal God who answers their prayers are just as likely to have their beliefs colour their work. We all do it to some degree, but I suppose whether or not it makes us look like a kook is how socially acceptable the belief is.

As for me, I don't care about harmless personal beliefs and hobbies.

Dr Vass is highly regarded and well respected, and is cited by scientists the world over as a - if not the - leading expert in his field. I conclude he would not be if he allowed his personal beliefs/hobby to render his work useless. My own opinion is that Dr Vass was excellent for the State.

You can believe whatever you want about his affection for divining and that's your right; I believe he has a plethora of interests and hobbies that may be socially unacceptable, but that's part of what would make him interesting to sit and have a lengthy conversation with.

If I were on the jury, the divining rod information wouldn't phase me in the slightest.

I've been thinking: We're ten days away from when dear Caylee was taken from this world. I will be glued to the computer on June 16th. It won't slip the jurors minds to pay close attention to ICA on this anniversary as well.

I've done this a number of times for the same reasons you state - pipelines too (Helloooo Texas!) - it's quite uncanny

And age doesn't matter! When we were first playing around with it I was about 10ish. One of my adult cousins was reading something about it and brought it up to my grandpa (lifetime farmer and backwoods peeps, he was). Well grandpa knew of it and proceeded to show us how to do it. The adult cousin that brought it up was not convinced because he could not get it to work so they handed it to me. Worked for me the first time and every time!

Between JB objecting to his own question, and constantly asking more questions after he says he's done asking questions, I really have to wonder how many people are in his head.

I have to say I never was more intent on watching Casey through testimony this afternoon. What's with the stone face (this is a real question)? I heard on a talk show last night something about it being real...meaning as a sexual abuse survivor she's checked out? I don't belive it one bit....but how do you not show some emotion when they're talking about a child that was found wrapped in a blanket in a trunk? If she's not guilty, why wouldn't that make you upset?

This "stone-face" has only been in view since they sat a jury.

In all the hearings it was "Make him stop!", or twitch, pull, groom, twitch or Paralegal Barbie.

Most of these <unusual persons> talking heads have apparently only paid attention to a few select sound bites since July 15, 2008.

Or - they are hoping for the obviously widely dangled and often-promised "Exclusive" ICA interview that Baez is shopping for when this is all over. :loser:

I'm still wondering why in the world did they not have DS doing this cross. I mean wasn't that the whole intent of bringing her on after LKB went MIA? :waitasec:

I have to say I never was more intent on watching Casey through testimony this afternoon. What's with the stone face (this is a real question)? I heard on a talk show last night something about it being real...meaning as a sexual abuse survivor she's checked out? I don't belive it one bit....but how do you not show some emotion when they're talking about a child that was found wrapped in a blanket in a trunk? If she's not guilty, why wouldn't that make you upset?

AND that BS spewed by the THs really pizzes me off. They LOVE to say...see, she's detached as a result of her SA....but the then FAIL to point out how she laughs and giggles and googoo eyes the attorneys when the jury is out. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

JA certainly wasn't going to object for him. Baez didn't know how to stop Vass from stating that there were maggots on the napkins per Dr. Haskill. And the judge "...you asked it, he can answer." :floorlaugh:

Bombshell tonight!!
History made in a Florida courtroom today
Jeff Ashton, once again, introduces new science into a court room
Bombshell tonight!!
Jose Baez Objecting to his own question
Judge Tells Baez the witness can answer the question "...you asked it, he can answer."

Well Kids, carry on - I think it is Hi-Ho Hi-Ho time for me as it is mid afternoon on the West Coast and I have faked my way through the day long enough.

Hope to check back later this evening. It was a good day for Justice for Caylee and Bless Dr. Vass for his outstanding work, attitude and testimony.
So glad I didn't miss it - even if the other side of the fence or Defence I guess it was, was a hot mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal