2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Perry had stated that "Jurors are not witnesses", I agree.
The jury doesn't really need to smell anything, I think they got the message loud and clear today from the Man of the Week, Dr Vass.

I don't think there is any reason for jurors to smell the samples. They can't even give a non-scientific opinion as to what they are smelling, most likely just that it is a horrible smell and one they are not familiar with. That does not make it decomp automatically, they have to decide that from others.

IIRC the comparison was to floride in municiple water supplies. The body would test for floride that had built up over time because of long term, multiple consumption of the water -- not a single use that had aged.

Ok I missed the comparison. I need to go back and listen. I thought Dr. Vass was explaining why fluoride which is usually found in decomposing bodies would not be found in a child.

I was very disappointed that Dr. V did not give a possible explanation for the shockingly high amounts of chloroform in his results. I was equally disappointed that neither JB or JA asked him what could possibly explain the high amounts of chloroform in his results.

As far as I know, I was under the impression that chloroform quickly dissipates in a similar way to gasoline. I would have thought that even if someone poured a bottle of chloroform in the trunk that after a few weeks, if not much sooner that the chloroform would be gone. The trunk was opened many times for many hours prior to the taking of the air samples. I don't understand how a shockingly high amount of chloroform could still show up in his results. It seems to me that there is something wrong there. I guess that JA and JB did not ask what could have caused a shockingly high level of chloroform in Dr. V's results because neither of them knew what the answer might be.

As always my entire post is my opinion only.

So I must have missed a bunch of good stuff while waiting on all those pesky patients. Okay...I know they are sick and need to see the Doc but REALLY?? The trial is on!!!! Just kidding. They did come first......so what is this about the home depot visits. Anyone willing to help out a hardworking public servant and update me a bit? I'LL luv you forever!!

I'd love Vinnie to ask LKB to use her own discrediting criteria against Casey. I mean seriously? She doesn't believe Vass can recognize the smell of human decomposition but she believes JB's theory that Caylee drowned, Casey was sexually abused by George and Lee, and George somehow convinced Casey it would be better to be accused of murder than to admit her daughter accidentally drowned. Seriously? Seriously?

I totally believe this to be the truth and it just makes me sick. That poor precious child. My heart bleeeeeeds for poor Caylee. Casey deserves the DP and I can't say I am a big fan of it, but it definately applies to anyone that hurts an innocent child.

I had to add to this post. My only hope and prayer is that Caylee died when she was asleep and none of us will ever know but I pray with all my heart that this was the case.

I have seen no load spikes today, but I'll check the logs. I had no trouble all day from my office.

I was kicked off for a short time this afternoon. When I go back on, there were 1187 on this forum. Thanks for the awesome job you do.

Judge Perry had stated that "Jurors are not witnesses", I agree.
The jury doesn't really need to smell anything, I think they got the message loud and clear today from the Man of the Week, Dr Vass.

There is at least 1 juror who has smelled Decomp before..and can explain it to the others..

There are a few other jurors who are in the medical field..but I don't remember if they had smelled decomp before

Ok I missed the comparison. I need to go back and listen. I thought Dr. Vass was explaining why fluoride which is usually found in decomposing bodies would not be found in a child.
I'll go re-listen too.

When Dr. Vass was testifying about the high levels of chloroform in the trunk as a result of exposure to manufactured chloroform "over time", was he referring to the closed trunk for 31 days or multiple exposures over time? I wish that had been clarified.

I really wanted that clarified as well because I took it to mean that the trunk of the car had to have been subjected to chloroform multiple times in order to put off levels that high. Because Chloroform does evaporate and so one instance of it having been in the trunk there wouldn't have been enough time for there to be that high of a level there.

What is the reference to Home Depot is someone here just speculating or is that fact? Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is any reason for jurors to smell the samples. They can't even give a non-scientific opinion as to what they are smelling, most likely just that it is a horrible smell and one they are not familiar with. That does not make it decomp automatically, they have to decide that from others.

ITA. And I don't think it's neccesary for the state to do so, either. They have been rock solid in presenting their case, thus far. That kind of risky "gotcha" isn't needed here, imo.

I was very disappointed that Dr. V did not give a possible explanation for the shockingly high amounts of chloroform in his results. I was equally disappointed that neither JB or JA asked him what could possibly explain the high amounts of chloroform in his results.

As far as I know, I was under the impression that chloroform quickly dissipates in a similar way to gasoline. I would have thought that even if someone poured a bottle of chloroform in the trunk that after a few weeks, if not much sooner that the chloroform would be gone. The trunk was opened many times for many hours prior to the taking of the air samples. I don't understand how a shockingly high amount of chloroform could still show up in his results. It seems to me that there is something wrong there. I guess that JA and JB did not ask what could have caused a shockingly high level of chloroform in Dr. V's results because neither of them knew what the answer might be.

As always my entire post is my opinion only.

Because it would be pure speculation imho.

I can't take her anymore. I have to mute her everytime she comes on a program.

The only reason I mentioned it was because LKB who is yet to be involved in future cases will no doubtuse this witness/testimony..and I'd bet my bottom dollar she will use this in some sort of defense of a client in the future..and that is why I LOL at her protestations.....far too much in my book....:floorlaugh:

the old saying "Doth Protest Too Much" comes to mind:rocker:

BTW..we still havent heard the Chloroform evidence in regard to searches and NO CHlorine used in the ANTHONY pool..Sooooo what would that tell a juror IF DT continues on the avenue???? Never mind the DT does NOT contend Caylee's body was ever in that trunk:banghead:

Goodness gracious..LKB stating in most explative fashion..she is underwhelmed by Dr. Vass's testimony....I really have to LOL because she would be the first person to grasp onto his studies and testimony IF she ever (in the future) needs that to prove HER CLIENT innocent...NOW that's where I find her blabbering as a TH so advocate oriented..IT has NOTHING to do with the science...

LKB has just proven her agenda....Bless her..she (as a defense attny) doesnt know better :floorlaugh:

She's just another bottom feeder; she does know better. She lies with the same ease as JB.

I could not help but think about the pioneer scientists and researchers during this testimony and wonder if Benjamin Franklin would have been questioned in such a manner when he discovered electricity.:floorlaugh:

I think JB would have grilled him heavily on "what flavor is it"?

Linda K. Baden must think we have a short memory. This is what her husband said in October of 2008.

snip:
Among the results is confirmation that a hair sample found in the vehicle "exhibits characteristics of apparent decomposition." The report also says that specific hair is "microscopically similar" to hair investigators took from Caylee's hairbrush.

"The hair found in the trunk establishes that Caylee's dead and that her dead body was in the trunk of the car. Even if they don't find the body, it's enough evidence, scientific evidence, to establish that she's dead," said Dr. Michael Baden, nationally-renowned forensic pathologist.

DNA testing done on that piece of hair and compared with a sample provided by Casey confirmed that neither Casey nor Caylee can be "excluded as the source of the hair," because the "mtDNA sequences ... are the same."

More about chloroform........ Dr. Baden weighed in on that too. Snipped for copyright.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17793661/detail.html

What is the reference to Home Depot is someone here just speculating or is that fact? Thanks in advance.

The list of videos that the State intends to use during trial :
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6312408&postcount=270"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6312408&postcount=270[/ame]

There are a few of these that have not been released to the public, and it is speculation that Casey may have been caught buying something very damning to this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member