2011.06.06 Sidebar (Trial Day Eleven)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope somebody provides a link for the Home Depot vids.
ALSO, I had to miss most of Dr. Vass' testimony today. Could somebody please post the link for where I can watch the video of today's proceedings? I thought I had it bookmarked but can't seem to find it. Thank you!

wftv should have it.

I think it would depend. In your hypothetical would this expert be a chemist? :innocent:

LOL! I'm not a chemist, either, but I must say that I prefer the fragrance of BVLGARI perfumes to the stench of decomposing human flesh. :)

Right, but what about the fact that this evidence is a smell would make them "witnesses"? They aren't witnesses, yet they saw videos of her in the stores shopping, and they saw pictures of her car, and they saw a lot of other evidence - it's not like they've just been told "there is a car" and have to believe it - they were SHOWN the car. They could have just been told about ICA's conversations from jail, but they were SHOWN the conversations, allowed to experience them. And that didn't make them witnesses.

So I'm just wondering why allowing them to smell the thing people were talking about smelling would be any different than showing them things people were talking about seeing. ??

it's just too subjective, imo. Most of the jurors may have never even smelled decomp before so they really would not be qualified and have nothing to compare it to. It could do more harm than good. moo

I always knew KC was chloroforming Caylee in the trunk of the car, drugging her etc and one time she OD's her. Thats why she is claiming she drowned by accident. She knows she would never get out of prison by saying she OD'd the baby by accident and she can't tell anyone that ever.

I always thought that, too, starting with good ole Xanax. Also known on the street as "bars" or "zannies." The non-prescription version are supposedly made using horse tranquilizers.

ALSO, I had to miss most of Dr. Vass' testimony today. Could somebody please post the link for where I can watch the video of today's proceedings? I thought I had it bookmarked but can't seem to find it. Thank you!

DR Vass http://www.wftv.com/video/28143065/index.html

The home depot videos have not been released to the public. Not sure if the SA did not release it or if the media did not publish it.

Question you guys: If I'm not mistakes, Caylee was wrapped in a Winnie the Pooh blanket right? If I recall, Linda made a huge point of stressing that her room had a Winne the Pooh theme.
Yes to both.

it's just too subjective, imo. Most of the jurors may have never even smelled decomp before so they really would not be qualified and have nothing to compare it to. It could do more harm than good. moo

Oh that's a good point! God forbid they think it's just the smell of rotten meat. That's a good point, I never thought about it like that.

Im actually embarassed for JB every time I think of him, screeching in court in his OS, WHAT DID YOU DO? (CA s words) I can see ica mimicking those exact words back to him at the end of this fiasco... the apple truely will not have fallen far from the cart...
Baez's opening statement was a promise to the jury he can't keep. When writing a mystery novel, the writer is making a promise to the reader: you will find a mystery here. If the pages are filled instead with the romance of Regency England, then the writer has lied to the reader and they won't trust the writer and probably won't bother finishing the book.

The jury won't trust Baez when he puts on KC's defense because during cross, it's obvious he is flailing, grasping at straws.

My opinion...

WFTV normally has the video's up by the evening.
http://www.wftv.com/index.html

I am looking for the motion now, it is here somewhere:waitasec: for the list of videos that the state intends to use during trial..give me just a few to find it. ETA:

Videos:[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6312408&postcount=270"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6312408&postcount=270[/ame]

I didn't make it out the door quickly enough. Someone needs to tell LKB that she needs to look at ALL the evidence in this case. Not just the testimony of Vass today. Even if she believes he should be completely discredited....it's only one piece of the incriminating puzzle.

When Dr. Vass was testifying about the high levels of chloroform in the trunk as a result of exposure to manufactured chloroform "over time", was he referring to the closed trunk for 31 days or multiple exposures over time? I wish that had been clarified.
IIRC the comparison was to floride in municiple water supplies. The body would test for floride that had built up over time because of long term, multiple consumption of the water -- not a single use that had aged.

Goodness gracious..LKB stating in most explative fashion..she is underwhelmed by Dr. Vass's testimony....I really have to LOL because she would be the first person to grasp onto his studies and testimony IF she ever (in the future) needs that to prove HER CLIENT innocent...NOW that's where I find her blabbering as a TH so advocate oriented..IT has NOTHING to do with the science...

LKB has just proven her agenda....Bless her..she (as a defense attny) doesnt know better :floorlaugh:

Right, but what about the fact that this evidence is a smell would make them "witnesses"? They aren't witnesses, yet they saw videos of her in the stores shopping, and they saw pictures of her car, and they saw a lot of other evidence - it's not like they've just been told "there is a car" and have to believe it - they were SHOWN the car. They could have just been told about ICA's conversations from jail, but they were SHOWN the conversations, allowed to experience them. And that didn't make them witnesses.

So I'm just wondering why allowing them to smell the thing people were talking about smelling would be any different than showing them things people were talking about seeing. ??

The jurors in the Scott Peterson case did a "field trip" to check out SP's fishing boat. I am wondering how seeing/interacting with evidence differs from smelling it.

I'm on the fence about whether the jury should sniff the contents of the can or not. Just not sure why it makes them witnesses if going in the boat didn't.

Goodness gracious..LKB stating in most explative fashion..she is underwhelmed by Dr. Vass's testimony....I really have to LOL because she would be the first person to grasp onto his studies and testimony IF she ever (in the future) needs that to prove HER CLIENT innocent...NOW that where I find her blabbering as a TH so advocate oriented..IT has NOTHING to do with the science...

LKB has just proven her agenda....Bless her..she (as a defense attny) doesnt know better :floorlaugh:

I can't take her anymore. I have to mute her everytime she comes on a program.

I always knew KC was chloroforming Caylee in the trunk of the car, drugging her etc and one time she OD's her. Thats why she is claiming she drowned by accident. She knows she would never get out of prison by saying she OD'd the baby by accident and she can't tell anyone that ever.

I totally believe this to be the truth and it just makes me sick. That poor precious child. My heart bleeeeeeds for poor Caylee. Casey deserves the DP and I can't say I am a big fan of it, but it definately applies to anyone that hurts an innocent child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea