IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
From your link ... I wish we knew how accurate this witness's account is. IMO the whole case looks different if this witness is wrong about seeing Lauren.

I just don't think CR is involved with Lauren's disappearance, just a feeling at this point.

I'm with you. I think people are trying to make it seems like he is, though.

I mean, all the comments about him being cocky and what not. And how ridiculous is that "unnamed" friend account? Saying that CR's roomate was younger and looked up to him. Kind of implying that he would lie for CR.

VERY sketchy and unprofessional reporting. CR could probably sue.

I'm with you. I think people are trying to make it seems like he is, though.

I mean, all the comments about him being cocky and what not. And how ridiculous is that "unnamed" friend account? Saying that CR's roomate was younger and looked up to him. Kind of implying that he would lie for CR.

VERY sketchy and unprofessional reporting. CR could probably sue.

I agree, that "unnamed friend" thing is pretty sketchy. If he was afraid to put his name in the article because he didn't want to make Rossman mad (again trying to imply Rossman is someone to be afraid of), then this guy is pretty stupid. All Rossman would have to do is think...."hmm who did I run into at CVS?". I think someone is planting info to keep the heat focused on Rossman.

I agree, that "unnamed friend" thing is pretty sketchy. If he was afraid to put his name in the article because he didn't want to make Rossman mad (again trying to imply Rossman is someone to be afraid of), then this guy is pretty stupid. All Rossman would have to do is think...."hmm who did I run into at CVS?". I think someone is planting info to keep the heat focused on Rossman.

Ha, I thought the exact same thing as you!

Almost makes you wonder if someone made a recent donation to their newspaper ...

Exactly. And the way he is implying that there was no bruise in Rossman's face? So is he saying that Rossman is also lying about being punched? I'm PRETTY sure that was caught on tape!

BTW - Michael Beth - CR's alleged roommate has a "missing" picture of Lauren as his profile picture on facebook.

So LE basically has said they are not naming anyone a "suspect" at this point, but have about 10 "POI's".

Who are they and what would their motive be?

Hope these pics come out ok.

Standing at the side street beside Smallwood, looking up the alley toward the boys appartments.
1551e8y.jpg

Moved forward approx. 1/2 block closer toward his apt. area.
15v809.jpg

Another 1/2 block (approx.)closer to his apt. area.
In the below pic, there is a photographer in the middle of the alley at the top of the hill near the boys apartment pointing his camera my way. I didn't want to go further.
alley2r.jpg

Looking back at Smallwood.
smwd.jpg

There are very few street lights in this alley. The lights that are there are focused on apt. parking areas, not the alley.

Lohud, for those that don't know, is the online edition of the Journal News which covers Westchester and the Hudson Valley in NY. It is generally a pretty crappy paper.

What local newspaper do you use for the local crime, issues, court information, etc. in the Westchester, NY area?

I have several close friends who live in Lower Hudson Valley/Westchester, NY area, specifically in the Scarsdale, Tarrytown and Irvington areas, and they all use LoHud when they want local information, though they are daily NY Times readers.

The Presser with Capt Joe Palters, Public Info officer, had some interesting information as well as a lot of tantalizing refusals to disclose information. There was on piece of information that appears to be particularly interesting. Apparently there is a video record of LS and "an acquaintance" (I’m betting its JR) in the alleyway after 3:00 AM this is interesting because it means that after she returned with CR to his Apt (after the altercation at the Smallwood) she was out again. She apparently left the apt building with someone after she returned with CR. The altercation took place around 2:40 and it is only a 5 minute walk to CR's apt. This alley is also where the keys were found. Someone asked about finding "Lauren's keys" and the Captain said "keys were found in the alley" but was not specific that they were hers

LS's boyfriend JW was brought up. The Capt. did not want to talk about his whereabouts that night. Sounds like that is still “an issue”.

The Capt descried the "vehicle checkpoint" that was set up this morning. Apparently 135 cars were stopped. We don't know the exact time period the checkpoint ran, but it suggests that there was a certain amount of traffic on College the night it happened. Since the walk from JR's apt to the Smallwood would take less than five minutes, there would limited time for an abduction (by either a stranger or a "know person") and there would be a good chance that someone driving by would have seen something.

The fact that the video in the alley caught LS after 3:00 but no later, it suggests she never walked that route again and any activity that took place in the alley would be recorded. If something had happened in JR/CR's apt building, it would seem the alley would be the most likely way LS would have been removed from the building. The alternative would be a relatively well traveled road.

A question I found myself wondering is "What is the relationship between JR and JW?" Did they know each other? were they friends, rivals ?

If this is the case, where were those security guards who police these issues??

I've been in the building hundreds of times.
Never seen any security guards.

Staff leave after normal business hours, best I can tell.

The fact that the video in the alley caught LS after 3:00 but no later, it suggests she never walked that route again and any activity that took place in the alley would be recorded. If something had happened in JR/CR's apt building, it would seem the alley would be the most likely way LS would have been removed from the building.

I will walk the alley again shortly and look for video equipment. I'll get images of what it can see, if there are any in the alley.

Could you label the street names for us? :)

I'm not sure if I can in Wikimapia, but you can switch to Google hybrid view or map view with the click of one of the buttons up top in Wikimapia.
wikh.png

I dont see a way to label streets in Wikimapia. Guess its best to change views to map or hybrid.

The alley I marked is between Morton St. and College.

So LE basically has said they are not naming anyone a "suspect" at this point, but have about 10 "POI's".

Who are they and what would their motive be?

Perhaps, at the moment, all IU students versus evil stranger monsters.

What local newspaper do you use for the local crime, issues, court information, etc. in the Westchester, NY area?

I have several close friends who live in Lower Hudson Valley/Westchester, NY area, specifically in the Scarsdale, Tarrytown and Irvington areas, and they all use LoHud when they want local information, though they are daily NY Times readers.

I prefer news12 for super local issues. I will use LoHud when necessary, but don't care for their reporting style at all. I am a NY times reader otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare