IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to this forum, my first post. I'm an IU grad, go back to Bloom. many times. Know the Kilroy gig and its surrounds very well. Your alley pics are great. Thx. My questions: if last pic is after 3am, they were in alley for quite awhile...is only a 5 min walk to Morton, right? Can be deduced that she/they stopped to pee?/get romantic?/talk?/party?. If keys and coin purse were next to each other, and not separated, then they were placed on ground by her. ....on way back, College is one way, are sidewalks blocked/construction?....are we looking into a possible hit/scoop LS/drive away?

Interesting though that JR retained one of Indiana's noted defense lawyers.

Voyles is recognized as one of Indiana's premier defense attorneys and at various times has represented boxer Mike Tyson and businessmen involved in the Tim Durham Fair Finance investigation.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...rest-in-spierer-case-20110610,0,3876035.story

If the families are well off, they are going to get best defense lawyers. This guy would need a lawyer, considering he appears to be the last known person to have seen her alive.

Parker said that additional security camera video does show the man and Spierer walking toward his building around 3 am, but she is not seen on camera again, so that is the last place where police can be “totally confident” she was. According to attorney Carl Salzmann, she dropped his client off at his apartment and his roommate put him to bed while she left to visit others in the building.

Friends found Spierer’s keys in a small coin purse in the alley between the two buildings, in the same area where the cameras had last captured her. Her cell phone and shoes were reportedly left at Kilroy’s Sports Bar earlier that night.

Parker said Spierer’s boyfriend has been cooperating with investigators, but he is still “certainly” a person of interest. He would not say whether Spierer had any contact with her boyfriend on the night of June 2 or early morning of June 3.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...na-student’s-disappearance-remains-a-mystery/

I'm new to this forum, my first post. I'm an IU grad, go back to Bloom. many times. Know the Kilroy gig and its surrounds very well. Your alley pics are great. Thx. My questions: if last pic is after 3am, they were in alley for quite awhile...is only a 5 min walk to Morton, right? Can be deduced that she/they stopped to pee?/get romantic?/talk?/party?. If keys and coin purse were next to each other, and not separated, then they were placed on ground by her. ....on way back, College is one way, are sidewalks blocked/construction?....are we looking into a possible hit/scoop LS/drive away?

If they left Smallwood at 2:50am, and the next image is in the alley at 3am, and its only a 5 min walk, then 5 min is missing somewhere. Unless it just took that long since they were wasted.

College is one way. The sidewalks on the opposite side of the street from where you would expect Lauren to walk, (opposite / diagonal / before Smallwood), are blocked due to construction of a new apt building.

Great, thanks Btown, ....so if LS had to walk in street on College cuz of construction, car/truck could have surprised her, hit, and then scooped her away quickly....does anyone know if camera near College ave would have picked up any car movements that early am....

Welcome to WS, monkey222. :greetings:

I've read that the keys were hooked to the coin purse. So they would not have been separated. Regarding construction, a member posted last week that according to his relative who lives in the neighborhood, there is construction near College and 11th, and pedestrians have to walk in the street to get around it. I'm not sure which corner he meant, though. We were talking in general terms back then because we didn't know exactly which apartment building she visited.

Great, thanks Btown, ....so if LS had to walk in street on College cuz of construction, car/truck could have surprised her, hit, and then scooped her away quickly....does anyone know if camera near College ave would have picked up any car movements that early am....

I think if the car hit her in the middle of the night, the most likely outcome would have been for the car to quickly drive off, not take the body. Hit and run drivers don't usually take the bodies with them.

Thx. One of the early reports stated that whoever watched her leave last apt., that they/he? thought LS was ok to walk because she hadnt had anything to drink in a few hours. This was a very early report before any apt. or names leaked out. It sounded as though a coverup was already beginning by this crowd, maybe because of past (LS/CRs, underage drinking citations), and then the fight....

I think if the car hit her in the middle of the night, the most likely outcome would have been for the car to quickly drive off, not take the body. Hit and run drivers don't usually take the bodies with them.
The car might not have hit her, but she could have been "hit on" and scooped up into a car very quickly.

Unless the two worked together or covered up for the other.

Or also with Jay R who lives 2 doors down from Corey R, was last to see her and who is "good friends with Corey R" as per Keith T.

Thx. One of the early reports stated that whoever watched her leave last apt., that they/he? thought LS was ok to walk because she hadnt had anything to drink in a few hours. This was a very early report before any apt. or names leaked out. It sounded as though a coverup was already beginning by this crowd, maybe because of past (LS/CRs, underage drinking citations), and then the fight....

Exactly. My college-age kids and their friends always have had their last drink hours before returning home...:floorlaugh:

After all the talk of attorneys I have to put in my :twocents: that retaining an attorney, even a great defense or criminal attorney, doesn't implicate you.

It is the intelligent thing to do, anyone pointed at as a POI in a criminal investigation should get the best attorney they can afford.

JMO

FWIW.....this is the type of key ring/coin purse/id holder that they seem to be talking about finding. These are the frequent choice for college girls when going out as they fit in a hoody or jeans pocket or often have a small wrist strap that makes them easy to hang on to while out and about. They take only their keys, id, credit card and some cash so they don't have to keep track of a purse.

http://shop.guess.com/Catalog/View/...alID=NA&afc=guessperformics&attr=TheFind, Inc.

Working on new thread will be closing this one in a few...

I will say that I'll bet none of these male friends/acquaintances (not including JW) knew about LS's heart condition, and there is a possibility that LS's medical condition may have led to panic and a coverup.

IMO things presently look completely different than how they looked earlier in this case..

Earlier, Jesse was in no way involved(appeared this way).. Hardly even part of the case, or so it seemed.. He only becoming part of the case the following day when having texted his girl several times, claiming he was just waiting on Laurens text to say come on over and let's hang out at my apt.. He finally after gEtti g no response contacts LS roomate who says you can come by my class and get apt key to go and see if Lauren's there( don't know the exact specifics of the exchange btwn these two but IMO would be something similar).. Her roomate adored JW.. Thought he was a very loving and caring boyfriend toLS and I'm sure wasn't hesitant to give him the key to their apt..

All seemed well and good as far as JW was concerned and I felt sympathy for his not k owing that his girl was out to early dawn morning hours with another guy, and possibly even another after CR passed out.. Originally I thought JW hadn't a clue most likely what exactly or who exactly Lauren was with..

Now things look so very different IMO WHERE JW is concerned.. Without even so much as a shadow of a doubt that JW was made fully aware of who his girlfriend was with..that this other guy had accompanied LS back to her apt where there was an obvious amount of I appropriate PDA taking place of this other guy with his girlfriend..

You can bet your bottom dollar that if not before,then immediately after his friends got a few licks in on this other guy in the lobby of his girlfriends apt that Jesse knew every detail.. The who.. The where.. The what..

You take that info just learned by a twenty something year old college guy that his number 1 priority in his
Life not only had brought this guy home to her apt.. But *that even after his boys had knocked this other guy around for being out with their best buds girlfriend but she has now left out with the guy and en route to his apt!!!!!

I think anger and humiliation would equal a level of livid thT males ones blood boil and literally shake with overwhelming emotions all at peak force.. Then I'm fairly certain that cell records might show a flurry of calls from JW to LS cell. That unbeknownst to JW Laurens cell is locked up tight at Kilroy's bar.. All JW knows at that moment is this news from his buds about his girl and that she had left with him and now she would not even answer her phone???

I ask now with that info known who all believes that JW kicked back, relaxed and went on to sleep at nearly 3am of that Friday morning?? NOT I! If for no other reason than his pride I do not believe that JW just stayed where he was.. Content to wait til the next day to do or say anything to LUren about what had happened.. The humiliation alone would be plenty enough to spur JW to be outta his apt and en route to where they were.. He could not ne made such a fool of and in front of his buds this to have all happened..nope, not for a moment do I believe that JW did not head out of his apt to where his buds had told him his girl was.. Again his girl that was with another guy that had been seen inappropriately touching Hos girlfriend In public..

Taking it even a step farther I'd say there's a good chance that either by their own choice or possibly after telling JW immediately after the fight about LS/CR leaving together that JW told them to make sure and see where it is the two of them were going.. IMO the likelihood that not only these friends watched LS/CR go 3 blocks to CRs apt but that JW either came there as well or at the very least had direct knowledge of where it was that LS/CR went and were at..

IMO it only seems plausible that JW would have waited to at the very least speak with his girlfriend about what all happened that nite.. He showed up after he learned of the fight. *There is just no way he didnt .

So that leads me all the way back to what it was we first knew of JW.. His saying he'd texted his girl and was waiting to hear back and for the invite ovER to hang at her apt..

IMO now looking at these actions they seem altogether misleading. As In setting the stage for a scenario of his just learning of Laurens late night before...

As I originally stated the moment the altercation came to light.. The answer lies with one of those males that was involved In that fight.. Separate them and grill them til one of them breaks and the beans start spill.. Am not saying one of these boys is directly responsible for what happened to LS but their is atleast one of them thT knows enough to crack the case wide open leading to what hAppened to Lauren and where she was disposed of..

Jmo, tho!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member