IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, stupid question - Has LE confirmed that ALL apartments and public spaces (i.e. broom closets, equipment rooms, etc...) in the area have been thoroughly searched? I ask because I recently watched an episode of the new TV series, 'First 48: Missing Persons'. In the program, a college student who had been out late at night drinking went missing (it was Illinois University @ Chicago). Long story short, he was found approximately 1-2 weeks later (cannot recall exactly how long) in one of the dorm rooms/apartments on campus, having died from alcohol/drug intoxication.

With this gal's medical condition, I am thinking that this is a plausible scenario. Perhaps she went somewhere yet unrevealed and fell asleep, but never woke-up.

Personally, I could not believe that someone would be missing within a dorm/apartment complex for that period of time because I assumed that all areas were searched thoroughly. But, it apparently wasn't in the UIL case.

I agree, we are really focusing on this as a case of someone doing something bad to her but until there is hard evidence of that we ought to keep open the possibility that something like this happened, as often does with drunk college kid cases ...

I agree, we are really focusing on this as a case of someone doing something bad to her but until there is hard evidence of that we ought to keep open the possibility that something like this happened, as often does with drunk college kid cases ...

LE is the one who said "foul play" was likely...

I registered here several years ago and have mostly lurked since. This case brought me back out of the woodwork.

I have tried to read as much of this thread as possible, but something I have not heard mentioned specifically is the treasure trove of information that is likely on Lauren's phone...especially since she did not have it on her.

I would think it would be fairly easy to trace JW's knowledge of the altercation etc based on the progression of his calls, texts, etc. Especially if he was not with her and therefore unaware that she did not have her phone on her.

The only other thing I wanted to mention is that I have always been a girl that had lots of guy friends. Just because she was out walking with a guy or going to their apartment, it does not mean she was out to cheat on JW. Granted, if someone was behaving untoward that could change things--but the generalization that she was up to no good simply because she was out with male friends is not necessarily fair--especially if she was in a long term committed relationship. Just my two cents...

Re:eek:pinions on whether guys would call their best bud that night when seeing his long term gf with another guy, display of PDA, and their accpmpanying one other back to the Others apt, and then their having actually had a physical altercation with this other guy resulting In the gf then going home with this other guy...

Or whether they'd wait til the next day yo inform their best bud of not only what they'd seen but also they'd been involved In physical altercation with this other guy..

Someone posted earlier that in asking their boyfriend who at one was a frat brother in college and that his opinion was that as a rule of thumb theyd let cool heads prevail and wait til the next day*to tell their best bud..(that's some cool heads and mighty adult like frat boys that if out for the night drinking amd drama such as what we know went down and they all made such responsible and rational decisions to wait til they were cool headed the next day.. I'd say that's not quite the norm)..

So, am presently on the golf course with hubby and decided to get a guys opinion(he too former frat boy in college).. He said no matter whether at that age or ten years later at the age he is now the answer would remain firmly the same.. There would be no waiting til the next day to tell a bud about his long term, serious girlfriend and what she was up to.. And then throw in the mix that obviously "cool heads" had not prevailed and they had already given this other guy a whipping up on by punching his lights out.. That without a doubt they'd be on the phone to their bud letting him in on just what all had gone down..

So, as with most it's an opinion based hypothetical of what a guy would do were in the situation these guys were in that night.. But just from personal experience of living thru those college years with college guys and lots of nights spent out drinking with them.. From what I've seen personally most times it's just a given that you put college guys out for the night most likely drinking and it doesn't equal anything near what anyone would call "cool heads prevailing" far far from it..

And I would say that the vast majority given the circumstances and events of that night the guys would have definitely let their best bud now right them and there what'd happened.. No way waiting til the next day to sober up and cool headedly give your bud the bad news of his girlfriend..

Jmo, tho!

Ok, so I'm not a pro patching images together, but I've modified a sat image to reflect more current buildings / construction.
I've added what I know to it. Please feel free to correct me.

I am trying to work out where the keys were found, and placed on the handrail.

Spierer was seen a short time after that heading north toward Rossman's building, police said.

Her keychain was found the next day near an alleyway behind a building about 100 yards from Rossman’s building.

IU student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News Friday that he saw a small purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 a.m. that morning on the
sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.Jay Rosenbaum, a friend of Rossman's who lives in his building at 11th Street and North College Avenue — a half-mile from where Spierer lives — told police that he saw Spierer leave his building around 4:30 a.m.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...Spierer-not-last-person-her-?odyssey=nav|head

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=39.1719184&lon=-86.5350902&z=17&l=0&m=h

aahggg.jpg

LE is the one who said "foul play" was likely...

As I posted before, Police made similar assertions about foul play with two other Indiana students - Wade Steffey and Pat Trainor. After lengthy searches it turned out they were drunk and died accidentally. Wade Steffey was found right on campus in a utility room after 2 months of searching and Pat Trainor was found in his car in a pond down the street from where he was last seen.

Sure, statistically it's likely that it's one of the POI ... but we shouldn't ignore other possibilities until we know what the evidence is.

As I posted before, Police made similar assertions about foul play with two other Indiana students - Wade Steffey and Pat Trainor. After lengthy searches it turned out they were drunk and died accidentally. Wade Steffey was found right on campus in a utility room after 2 months of searching and Pat Trainor was found in his car in a pond down the street from where he was last seen.

Sure, statistically it's likely that it's one of the POI ... but we shouldn't ignore other possibilities until we know what the evidence is.

Not ignoring anything, but too much was going on this particular night for me to not keep foul play highest on the list.

Rosenbaum, Beth and Rossman live at 5 North Townhomes in the 200 block of 11th Street.

Love the added pics, Btown. Lt. Parker said Lauren's keys were found in a gravel parking lot across from CR/JR's apartment. There seem to be two gravel parking areas. One is between a cluster of houses/buildings. The other is in front of the building on the top left of the yellow area. The only building I would characterize as being across from a gravel parking lot is the one in the bottom right section of the yellow area, south of the other two.

Rosenbaum, Beth and Rossman live at 5 North Townhomes in the 200 block of 11th Street.

Thanks puffster.

5 Norths website says its located at South East Corner of 11th and Morton.
Thats the building that has the camera's pointed at the pool IIRC.

However, the linked article says he lives at 11th and College.

So there is a bit of confusion I guess.

However, I think its safe to say that all those are within the same block, and I should be able to locate a handrail. Maybe.

Lauren very much resembles Jenni Lyn Watson, who was killed by her boyfriend in Syracuse in early 2010. Both very tiny young women, very similar looks. Jenni was killed in her own home, and found only a mile or two away, but it took several days to find her.

That makes a lot of sense. I guess it's a "either or" scenario... Maybe the boyfriend had something important the next day and his friends didn't want to disrupt him during the night.

I didn't watch the movie the "dilemma" but apparently it evolves around a guy deciding on whether to tell his best friend about seeing the guy's wife with another man. Whether the friend told the boyfriend immediately or not-probably depends on the character of that friend. For all we know he didn't tell him at all. Or he could have told him immediately. Or he could have waited until morning. I don't think we can just figure that out based on some "rule book."

Question.. Am following along here via mobile so am not able to open all links so am going strictly on snipped posts from articles for now..

A little confused on the keys/coin purse..

Lt. Parker says the keys were found later during the day Friday in a gravel lot across from apt complex that CR and JR live in..
Then we have the Amin guy stating that he found Lauren's purple coin type purse with a gold key.. And that he found it at 3am(which supports her having lost it on the way to CRs rather than on the way back).. He says he did not take the pouch with him but rather just picked it off the ground and set it on a railing assuming whomevers it was they'd be back to retrieve it..

Are both of these stories correct and are both of these items at two different locales both Lauren's?

One other strange thing did I read correctly that Amin says that he has yet to even give his account of the happenings to LE? So did he turn over purple pouch amd just not tell how or where it was found?.. Or was he saying he has yet to even turn in the coin purse yet??

TIA to anyone who could help me in my moment of confusion..

According to police, the purse has been turned over to them by Lauren friends.

Thanks for the support guys, for lack of any other "feet on the ground requests" I'm headed out to go look for the handrail.

I know - I know. Pics or it didn't happen.

:seeya:

Someone mentioned a photo of Lauren and her boyfriend. I am such a visual person, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the best place to view these. I tried to find him on social networking sites, but may have missed it. TIA

I read somewhere that CR is 21. I'm not sure the age of the other guys that live with or near CR but if they are also over 21 then they would all need to get lawyers b/c if it was proven she drank at their apartments then they could get in trouble for providing alcohol to a minor. I think that is why they all said she hadn't had a drink in a couple of hours and thought it was o.k. for her to walk home (left kilroys at 2:30 then left for home around 4:30).

I read somewhere that CR is 21. I'm not sure the age of the other guys that live with or near CR but if they are also over 21 then they would all need to get lawyers b/c if it was proven she drank at their apartments then they could get in trouble for providing alcohol to a minor. I think that is why they all said she hadn't had a drink in a couple of hours and thought it was o.k. for her to walk home (left kilroys at 2:30 then left for home around 4:30).

She isn't a minor, she is 20.

Someone mentioned a photo of Lauren and her boyfriend. I am such a visual person, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the best place to view these. I tried to find him on social networking sites, but may have missed it. TIA

Gosh, I saw a photo yesterday out there someplace but have no idea where it came from. True, they are a very attractive couple and it is a very loving photo. But of course, that only means they were loving at that particular moment. I am not at all sure he did anything at all wrong in this case...but have seen many "loving" husbands and boyfriends who have...

Oh wait...I did find it...can I link his FB? Otherwise you can search his name, and he is about the 10th person by that name that comes up for me...and his photo on his page is of he and Lauren...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled