IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned a photo of Lauren and her boyfriend. I am such a visual person, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the best place to view these. I tried to find him on social networking sites, but may have missed it. TIA

Gosh, I saw a photo yesterday out there someplace but have no idea where it came from. True, they are a very attractive couple and it is a very loving photo. But of course, that only means they were loving at that particular moment. I am not at all sure he did anything at all wrong in this case...but have seen many "loving" husbands and boyfriends who have...

Oh wait...I did find it...can I link his FB? Otherwise you can search his name, and he is about the 10th person by that name that comes up for me...and his photo on his page is of he and Lauren...

The photo is his display picture on facebook- I don't know if we are allowed to link

This is awesome work btown!
Also please add to my list of earlier questions...

LS's path after leaving CR/JR's building (and appears correct on btown's map) is that she went out the front of the building on 11th st. and then turned and walked down N. College. Why would she take this route if she generally used the alley and had just used it on the way there? Or if she was taken the opposite direction, through the alley and to the gravel parking lot losing her small purse with keys(which lot? and assuming they are hers) then that could make JR a liar. If the purse was hers, was it found in the lot where CR/JR park? If the purse was not hers, that all becomes meaningless... and then if JR is truthful she walks down N. College and poof is gone... as such someone would be waiting there in a car or looking out of a window. How much traffice would be on N. College at 4:30am?

Also btown... would it be possible to mark of where people heard screams or an arrow pointing away from where people heard screams, like where was the homeless guy by the railroad tracks in relation to this?

Since police say her purse was turned in, we can safely assumed it is hers.
But it appears to have been lost on her way to CR, and not on her way back, so it does not give as any information about JR's truthfulness.

LS's path after leaving CR/JR's building (and appears correct on btown's map) is that she went out the front of the building on 11th st. and then turned and walked down N. College. Why would she take this route if she generally used the alley and had just used it on the way there?

Maybe LS felt safer walking alone on the street rather than an alley. From my own experience, the two times in college when I had to walk home alone in the middle of the night, I opted to run in the middle of the widest street with a phone in one hand, my keys in the other, while constantly looking around me. As long as I was in an "open" area, I felt safer. Walking down a comparatively narrow alley would have frightened me... I would have been closer to bushes and such where predators could be hiding.

JMO! :)

I totally agree with the above statements. However, I posted something earlier today that I'll paraphrase.

Yesterday, I told my boyfriend the theory about JW's friends telling him what had happened and JW freaking out.

My boyfriend, a former frat brother, completely disagreed with my theory. He told me it's a "man code" to wait until the next day to tell your friend if his girlfriend is cheating on him (or suspecting such). That way cooler heads prevail. He seemed fairly confident that most of the guys he knows would agree.

Personally, I'd think to the contrary, but hey, I'm not a guy!

I'm sorry .. "man code" makes no sense. Whether you tell the bf the evening of the cheat or a week later .. it's still the first time he'd be hearing about it and his reaction would be the same.

I'm sorry .. "man code" makes no sense. Whether you tell the bf the evening of the cheat or a week later .. it's still the first time he'd be hearing about it and his reaction would be the same.

In these days of nonstop, instant communication, I find it hard to believe that at least one of his friends did not text him immediately...

In these days of nonstop, instant communication, I find it hard to believe that at least one of his friends did not text him immediately...

Police should have no trouble finding that out.

I agree. I know that anyone I know would be upset with their friends for not telling them right away.

Also, I know that if my husband saw his friend's G/F with another guy, I doubt he'd wait until morning. He'd probably text him right away.

Look at the body language in the picture of them together. She is pulling away...and he is grabbing her in closer. I think he may have been more into her than she is into him.
JMO

Also thanks Btown for the pics!

Where is Lauren?

I've been following along with all of you. Great work guys! :wave:

Btown, you are AMAZING! It's so wonderful to have you here! :wagon: !!

Love the added pics, Btown. Lt. Parker said Lauren's keys were found in a gravel parking lot across from CR/JR's apartment. There seem to be two gravel parking areas. One is between a cluster of houses/buildings. The other is in front of the building on the top left of the yellow area. The only building I would characterize as being across from a gravel parking lot is the one in the bottom right section of the yellow area, south of the other two.

I thought the person who found them said they were found on a sidewalk and his roommate picked them up and put them on the railing?? I wonder if that was the sidewalk on College St.??

Spierer was seen a short time after that heading north towards Rossman's building, police said. Her keychain was found the next day near an alleyway behind a building about 100 yards from Rossman's building.

IU student AJ Amin, 19, told The Journal News on Friday that he saw a small purple pouch with a gold key shortly before 3 a.m. that morning on the sidewalk near that building. He said he left it there and that a friend of his put it on a railing when he saw it there a few hours later.

"I didn't know they were hers," said Amin, who had not yet given his account to police.

http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...Spierer-not-last-person-her-?odyssey=nav|head

Look at the body language in the picture of them together. She is pulling away...and he is grabbing her in closer. I think he may have been more into her than she is into him.
JMO

Where is Lauren?

I don't see it that way at all. It looks as if she turned and moved facing the camera in order to get the picture taken. They look very cozy and happy. imo

Since police say her purse was turned in, we can safely assumed it is hers.
But it appears to have been lost on her way to CR, and not on her way back, so it does not give as any information about JR's truthfulness.

Why would you make that assumption? Do you know the exact location where the purse was found? It's not clear to me that she was ever at JR's or left as he said. Seems to me she could just as easily have been carried or dragged out and put into a car, with the purse falling out in the process without anyone realizing it.

Also, if she did not have keys, phone, purse, and it had been hours since she stopped drinking, and these kind gentlemen (MB, kind because he tucked CR in bed! and JR - A FRIEND! ) let her walk home alone... how was she going to get into her apt? If she was that blitzed that she left her shoes and phone in the bar and then looses her purse and keys... how could she be helping someone else home? MB nor JR haven't commented on her status (have they?) I can't imagine a "friend" letting her stumble down the street alone. So the assumption was that she was doing just fine. I can't imagine someone not saying... OMG I lost my keys... my purse.... where's my phone...? and that being a clue that someone needs to be walked home! In my entire life I have never met a guy that would let a woman walk down the street alone in that kind of condition. But I have heard a lot of women tell me that they were sexually assaulted or someone attempted to do so, while they were intoxicated at a bar or at someone's home/apt/etc...

Ok and how long was she at CR/MB's? How long was she at JR's? (assuming they are telling the complete truth?)

JMO

Where is Lauren?

not quite sure I agree. She has her arm around him too. I dont see her pulling away at all. Photos are a second in time, and cannot capture everything. I dont think we can assume who loved who more based on a single photo.

Maybe LS felt safer walking alone on the street rather than an alley. From my own experience, the two times in college when I had to walk home alone in the middle of the night, I opted to run in the middle of the widest street with a phone in one hand, my keys in the other, while constantly looking around me. As long as I was in an "open" area, I felt safer. Walking down a comparatively narrow alley would have frightened me... I would have been closer to bushes and such where predators could be hiding.

JMO! :)

I agree with this too. I think she was aware enough at that point, assuming she made this trip at all, that she would take the street when walking alone. Also, maybe since she lost her key, she opted to go the route to the main entrance to gain access from a friend/roommate?

Why would she leave her phone at the bar? My best guess is she lost track of it. Calling it with so much noise in those bars would have proven useless IMO, plus her alleged inebriated state she might not have thought of that.

I'm very amazed at the amount of alcohol all these college students are drinking....dang. Even in photos we have of Lauren, she is often holding a solo cup in a party setting...which likely means she is drinking alcohol.

I have never seen alcohol do anyone any good....or pot either. If you have a problem with tension, nerves, etc., you should see a doctor and get a prescription for something to help you...not self-medicate with drugs or alcohol.

So many crimes involve one or both of these ingredients....drug abuse, alcohol abuse.
I hate them both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member