2011.06.20. HLN - 'In Session' News Coverage - Caylee Anthony Case

I can't stand that Ashley Banfield. What an ........ She is utterly ridiculous. And what a big mouth. I think I dislike her more than LKB!!! On and on and on.

I remember her from her days here in Dallas. She wasn't as obnoxious as she is now.

Talk about Vortex - someone here on WS, please be my best friend and tell me that I haven't gone mad and there is 3 years of evidence against Ica.........I have been zapped into major news network rating war of garbled ...I can't even think of a word that totally describes this.
I don't think I am going to watch any more JVM, NG, Dr. Drew until a long time after the end of the trial.......

His main point (Kessler) was that he says the minimum standard for autopsies requires the opening of the skull and something about the Orlando lab not being certified since the 90's? Did anyone catch that part?

And yet I saw another forensics examiner on NG who apparently WROTE the national standards, and he said there was NO reason that she would have been required to cut the skull for 2 main reasons.
1. The skull was EMPTY of any soft tissue, and she used various tools to double check that fact.
2. She was working with a forensic anthropologist who was the lead investigator in terms of the bones, and skull and she wouls have followed their lead. And especially because the skull of a toddler is wafer think there would be less reason to try and cut it open across the top.

And it was stated that in the case of a 2 yr olds skull that was in the elements and swamp and rain and heat for 6 months --no reason to have to cut it open. She got everything she needed by using the tools, mirrors and saline wash solution.

Haskell raises a point about the "Hair" and the scalp?? If there was no soft tissue, what is holding the hair?? I questioned that last week...

Has anyone discussed this before?

Is Dr Kessler bff with Spitz? trying to agree and make him look better? He sure has to refer to his notes alot. Maybe Spitz wrote him a note on what to say!
Bumping my own post b/c I haven't read any further, but...

This Kessler guy seems to be someone who respects Spitz as an old school pioneer in the field and wants to stick up for him since he took such a spanking Sat. He is going to stick up for him no matter what and doesn't seem to want to discuss ANY possibility that this 'father' of modern day forensics/med. examiner science is past his prime or paid to spout opinions favorable to whomever he is testifying for.

He is obviously not a usual TH since he can't even say his name without referring to his notes (+ I've never heard of him b4). Did LKB contact him to speak for the defense as an expert because they need another mouthpiece who is more believable than she is?

Things that make u go Hmmmm....

Haskell raises a point about the "Hair" and the scalp?? If there was no soft tissue, what is holding the hair?? I questioned that last week...

The plants and roots growing up around it?

well the defense Dr. S. said it would be sticky and not slide ... so who knows.. seems they want to pick and choose what to say and believe.. the DT and the DT pro TH"S

Darn, I really agreed with what the male expert on sexual abuse was saying on Dr. Drew (as it relates to Casey Anthony and the case). Good common sense and educated. I like hearing Mark E too. Then, BAM, LKB "HLN contributor" appears on my screen and I literally must turn it off. I cannot listen to one more completely biased word out of her self-promoting mouth... Whew, thanks for letting me vent...

And yet I saw another forensics examiner on NG who apparently WROTE the national standards, and he said there was NO reason that she would have been required to cut the skull for 2 main reasons.
1. The skull was EMPTY of any soft tissue, and she used various tools to double check that fact.
2. She was working with a forensic anthropologist who was the lead investigator in terms of the bones, and skull and she wouls have followed their lead. And especially because the skull of a toddler is wafer think there would be less reason to try and cut it open across the top.

And it was stated that in the case of a 2 yr olds skull that was in the elements and swamp and rain and heat for 6 months --no reason to have to cut it open. She got everything she needed by using the tools, mirrors and saline wash solution.

I really hope JA can get Dr. G back up on the stand and testify to all of this.

[ after watching the jail tape with george and Casey= you were the best dad, i love you]

LKB:" is that a double entendre? Is that a father /daughter ' I love you' or another kind?"

LKB: "I think the evidence shows it will be at most a manslaughter verdict. "

Dr Drew seems to be drinking the defense Kool-aid now.

LKB; And now we know the ME office has lost their certification and they did shoddy autopsy work so we have a lot of problems.

Dr Drew: "Many have you have already convicted Casey Anthony, I know that..."

Darn, I really agreed with what the male expert on sexual abuse was saying on Dr. Drew (as it relates to Casey Anthony and the case). Good common sense and educated. I like hearing Mark E too. Then, BAM, LKB "HLN contributor" appears on my screen and I literally must turn it off. I cannot listen to one more completely biased word out of her self-promoting mouth... Whew, thanks for letting me vent...
bbm
What is wrong with LKB? She keeps interrupting all of the guests, she even talks over the host, Dr Drew.

OMG I feel like I've been transported back - way back - in time. Dr. Drew talking about OLD TIME practices of wrapping the head to stop leakage and then says that a cop would know this? Really? How would that be? Well, I guess maybe a cop back in the 20's maybe would have know that. Oh IDK anymore - its all just so bizarre.

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered, I just got home from work and turned on Dr. Drew. Ugh, shouldn't have done that.
I heard LKB say that the examiner lost his certification. This is something I somehow missed. Can any one explain that or point me to where I can find this info? TIA

That Dr. Drew is abhorent. Whats wrong with these hln people??? They are getting worse by the day. I had to shut Drew off and I taped Nancy so its on to Nancy for I hope some freshness. Heaven help that Dr. Drew and some of those other HLN people trying to get a killer off and change public opinion with all those Defense trolls they put on their show.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump
Back