2011.06.20. HLN - 'In Session' News Coverage - Caylee Anthony Case

maybe he is looking at it from both sides. looking at it from all angles to get a full picture to the situation. maybe he is trying to think like the jurors. imo ng is one sided about anything she reports on.

I am ok with Dr. Drew looking at things from both sides, what I'm not ok with is that he lets his guests state things that are not factual and never bothers to check it out first nor does he go back and correct the fictional information that was reported on his show.

Thank you! Not having listened to LKB on the HLN channel, I am not that familiar with what she has divulged that could be considered "confidential and privileged information". :waitasec:

I still believe she shouldn't be discussing the case during the trial, however.

MOO

I remember the uproar she caused when she was the first one to say that the Nanny story was a big lie and everyone knew it.

That was interesting because no one from the DT had admitted that publicly yet. I think that was a bit strange for her to say unless she had their blessing.

http://attorneypages.com/help/ch8-lawyers-and-confidentiality.htm

How Long Does the Duty Last?
This confidentiality duty doesn’t just last while you’re under active representation – it lasts a lifetime. The attorney-client privilege is holy to lawyers. And it has legal ramifications as well. Unless there are special circumstances, in which an attorney must testify under oath, confidential and privileged information, that is, information discussed in a confidential conversation in which legal advice was sought or given, are top secret.

still looking for what happens when the attorney is no longer practicing.

i have only found this so far, but no one has answered.

http://www.legalfish.com/TheDailyTackle/2010/05/20/attorney-client-privilege-vs-a-quick-buck/

I am ok with Dr. Drew looking at things from both sides, what I'm not ok with is that he lets his guests state things that are not factual and never bothers to check it out first nor does he go back and correct the fictional information that was reported on his show.

that i can agree with

I remember the uproar she caused when she was the first one to say that the Nanny story was a big lie and everyone knew it.

That was interesting because no one from the DT had admitted that publicly yet. I think that was a bit strange for her to say unless she had their blessing.

I do remember that now. Thanks!

NG is still on Caylee's side. She's a day behind, but really outraged about Spitz tampering with the skull then not testing the nothing he found. I'm surprised to hear myself say this, but "Good for NG".

Still trying to figure out why Dr. Spitz made a big issue out of removing the top to Caylee's skull, finding residue within her skull but did not think it was important enough to test. Then criticizes Dr. G for not removing the top of Caylee's skull, finding residue within the skull with a saline wash and then had it tested. Maybe Dr. G felt Caylee's skull was too fragile to cut into since Dr. Spitz did damage the skull while he performed his procedure.

Either way it appears that whatever was remaining inside the skull was important for the ME to have it tested while the defense's expert felt it was insignificant. jmo

I heard her say a couple of weeks ago on HLN "when I was a lawyer". I caught it and even questioned it. So, maybe she isn't one anymore - would that make a difference?

I'm sure it makes a difference. What is the State Bar going to do? Disbar her? I guess they can't if she is no longer practicing and has not kept her license up.

So now that she isn't a lawyer anymore, she is just going to tell all her stories? That indicates to me she is not a woman with a lot of integrity :(

Salem

OMG I feel like I've been transported back - way back - in time. Dr. Drew talking about OLD TIME practices of wrapping the head to stop leakage and then says that a cop would know this? Really? How would that be? Well, I guess maybe a cop back in the 20's maybe would have know that. Oh IDK anymore - its all just so bizarre.

Seriously, I agree. And it blows the theory that the duct tape was placed after decomposition - it wouldn't be needed to keep fluids in after the fluids are gone.

I'm sure it makes a difference. What is the State Bar going to do? Disbar her? I guess they can't if she is no longer practicing and has not kept her license up.

So now that she isn't a lawyer anymore, she is just going to tell all her stories? That indicates to me she is not a woman with a lot of integrity :(

Salem

ok i cheated and asked in the lawyer thread, and the answer is: (bbm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burningsky22
big lurker in this thread, and ty to the lawyers who are taking their time to answer our many questions.

my question is how does the attorney-client privilege work? i know it is for a life time and assume it extends to when the lawyer is no longer practicing. is this correct? (i can't find the answer with google searches.

tia.

Sure, it would continue even if the lawyer were no longer practicing. And I believe in most jurisdictions it continues even after the client's death.

Seriously, I agree. And it blows the theory that the duct tape was placed after decomposition - it wouldn't be needed to keep fluids in after the fluids are gone.

i thought they were saying it was to keep the jaw in place? i could be wrong.

BBM (and respectfully snipped)

She's just another <modsnip> that thinks if she screeches it often enough, someone will believe it.

Well, you know, she's right in that respect. There are all kinds of uninformed <unusual people> out there that do believe the DT propaganda - including LOTS of media TH's.

But what LKB forgets - it doesn't matter what the general public or the TH's think.

All that matters is what the jury thinks. And based on observations of many, many people in the courtroom (even some of those uninformed TH's), the jury ain't buyin' what the Defense is sellin'.

This sounds EXACTLY like what all the TH's and Geragos' posse sounded like at this point of the Peterson trial. The sky was falling for the prosecution, supposedly.

Well, guess what? Scott Peterson sits on Death Row.

I was wondering about the Peterson case. I did not follow it closely when it was being tried. Were all the TH's saying that Peterson ws going to get off???

i thought they were saying it was to keep the jaw in place? i could be wrong.

There was some discussion/speculation on Dr. Drew tonight about the duct tape being placed to hold in fluids from escaping. So the comments made were in reference to that.

Ok so I really do not understand Alex Sanchez on NG tonight when he agrees with the DT and says "I think it's a perfectly legitimate defense" in regards to the DT calling Vasco to the witness stand.

Which part of Mr. Vasco saying "I did not own this number in 2008 when GA called the number I NOW have..." (my summary of his statement) is Sanchez not understanding??? If Mr. Vasco did not own this number in 2008 when these calls took place, then it's not rocket science to me that Mr. Vasco and George Anthony have NEVER spoken on the telephone to one another.

I'm just shaking my head at the television in wonder, as to how some of these defense attorney's stay in business.

There was some discussion/speculation on Dr. Drew tonight about the duct tape being placed to hold in fluids from escaping. So the comments made were in reference to that.

who the heck knows :) maybe they were trying to figure out why ws said what he said. anything goes with this trial both in and out of the courtroom

I just turned off the show when I saw LKB's face.

BTW thank you, thank you, thank you as I also turned it off the moment she appeared.

BUT there is one thing I was happy to hear on Dr. Drew tonight and that is Vasko has a twitter and he would like all the support he can get

Ok so I really do not understand Alex Sanchez on NG tonight when he agrees with the DT and says "I think it's a perfectly legitimate defense" in regards to the DT calling Vasco to the witness stand.

Which part of Mr. Vasco saying "I did not own this number in 2008 when GA called the number I NOW have..." (my summary of his statement) is Sanchez not understanding??? If Mr. Vasco did not own this number in 2008 when these calls took place, then it's not rocket science to me that Mr. Vasco and George Anthony have NEVER spoken on the telephone to one another.

I'm just shaking my head at the television in wonder, as to how some of these defense attorney's stay in business.

Well, I suppose they are going to force him to prove when he obtained the phone number in question.

Well, I suppose they are going to force him to prove when he obtained the phone number in question.

I guess they will call Zaneida to the stand also, makes sense to me, if George and Vasko don't know one another, then I would think they will start calling all of the people that Casey doesn't know either :banghead:

Didn't he also say their forensic department was no longer accredited? For certain he slammed her work...

Well...what number are we on as to who has gotten body slammed by even the most distant of relationships to the Anthonys? Now it's Dr. G.

I am just sickened by this circus.

I'm re-watching Dr. Drew. Yes, I must be a glutton for punishment!! But I have to post this question.

Am I the only one who notices that in the old footage of the fight in the line of hopeful spectators outside, someone is squealing in a way that sounds *just like a pig*? I used to live on a ranch, where we had pigs, goats, cattle, horses, donkeys, etc. I SWEAR this sounds JUST like the pigs squealing. Every time it's on, if I'm not looking at the video and just hearing the audio, all I can see is those cute piglets squealing away, and it makes me laugh (which is usually much needed by that time since I've been listening to the THs spewing nonsense).

That Dr. Drew is abhorent. Whats wrong with these hln people??? They are getting worse by the day. I had to shut Drew off and I taped Nancy so its on to Nancy for I hope some freshness. Heaven help that Dr. Drew and some of those other HLN people trying to get a killer off and change public opinion with all those Defense trolls they put on their show.

I hope the entire lot of them receives a large dose of Karma soon. They have sided against a little 3 year old baby FGS. Shame on them all. WTH is wrong with people? I've never seen such a drastic defense slant as I have witnessed in this case. Are the networks giving people what the public wants? Does the public no longer want justice for victims?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt
Back