2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Afternoon Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah, witness was "certain" that there was not info enough in the Vass study for him to replicate the experiment, but when asked which parts were missing he said he does not remember the study.

HHJP just wants to give JA the go ahead. You can see he's struggling.

If he's not sure then WHY THE HELL IS HE TESTIFYING THAT HE CAN'T REPLICATE IT???

He should know if he's testifying to it!!!!!

no chryo trapping instrument but could do it if had it and not sufficient info to examine carpet sample - info missing to run (Logan says needs to review article not sure) JA says settings are in bench notes - JA then withdraws question

HHJP - then says whole area walking on quicksand, JA then offers again to withdraw

HHJP - to defense when trying to impeach expert you cannot impeach validity of opinion

"This whole area is like walking on quick sand."
by judgeperrysays via twitter at 1:21 PM

If you crack open the door DT, Mr Ashton is prepared to run through it with a Mack Truck...LMAO!!!! GO HHJP!

OT: some really cool old trucks...not insinuating anything JA...:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqQbMJSejO8"]YouTube - ‪Mack Truck Memories ----- 5.45 minutes‬‏[/ame]

I almost hold my breath everytime they bring up mistrial. I am not as familiar with the laws/requirements needed for the judge to make that decision so I get so nervous!

JA is willing to withdraw question and HHJP is not so quick to let him walk away from it.

Perry to Ashton: "This whole area [of questioning] is like walking on quicksand." #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 1:22 PM

HHJP is a patient teacher
DT are slow learners and are all in remedial class right now.

It is weird that he has to explain this to them. He feels very torn right now but JA is very ready to back out of it and let it go.

To the defense: You can't impeach an expert about his expert opinion unless you have another expert who came to a different conclusion.

HHJP doesn't like where this is going.

This Judge is no dummy! I admire him more everyday!!

If he's not sure then WHY THE HELL IS HE TESTIFYING THAT HE CAN'T REPLICATE IT???

He should know if he's testifying to it!!!!!

My thoughts exactly! Should he be able to say the tests were not replicable, yet the state can't question his expertise in this area? or ask if he ever even tried to replicate them?!

WTH?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member