2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My "dream" what it is about.

The picture of Caylee at the door.

Lee heard they were going to introduce that picture in evidence of Caylee standing at the door. Lee knew it was not Caylee and went to Baez and told him.

Mason questioned Lee yesterday outside of court and found out that is what the deal is.

Mason is trying to get Baez off the case because he knows it is going to be found out.
But the defense are the one that introduced that picture. Why would LA run to the defense if the defense was going to intro tht picture?

The more I think about it the more I believe it is an issue with one of the DT lawyers. JA and LDB were fine...but the DT lawyers looked pretty upset.

It would make sense to seal the record if it is an issue with a lawyer and not a witness.

MarkNeJame

This is big...not a small matter. #JudgePerry doesn't delay. Not a #JoseBaez discovery violation issue. Something more. #caseyanthony #HLNTV
4 minutes ago via web

It seems IS is saying this concerns a possible withholding of information by JA regarding a phone call from the DOD saying if a witness testifies he will be fired.
If this is true it could lead to a mistrial I presume. I sincerly hope the State has not done something improper.

No the judge handled that in court the other day and the lawyers agreed on a letter draft to the jury which HHJP was scheduled to read this morning. HHJP threatened to tell the jury the truth that he was planning to and could have put the guy in jail over the weekend after arresting him for trying to flee the court's jurisdiction before he testified.
Baez agreed on the statement that he will not be completing his testimony and his prior testimony should be disregarded. IMO.

I don't think Baez went to jail although I wish he did, but if he did the media would be reporting all over the place.

Baez will face the music after this trial is over. Any discipline of Baez now would cause a mistrial.

No. JB accused JA of contacting Dr.R's employers himself. JA was furious...said "File a legal complaint then!". JA went on to say the DOD head contacted HIM, and because he didn't want Dr.R fired, or his career ruined, he took it upon himself to notify the Defense of the call. JB threatened to take action against JA, JA sneered, "Bring it!".

I LOVED the was JA said "then BRING IT":great:

MarkNeJame via Twitter:

"This is big. Not a small matter. #JudgePerry doesn't delay. Not a #JoseBaez discovery violation issue. Something more."

I don't wonder about his tears. He's just like his sister. IMO

He is not a child, at the mercy of his parent's decisions. He's a grown man that chooses to be where he is. He hasn't denied the allegations, and in my mind he still seems to be trying to get Casey sprung.

He may have trouble in the future with his marriage, or employment, but he has the power to unentangle himself from this. He always has. He lost my faith when he said, "I believe everything my sister tells me."

bbm

He hasn't been asked about the allegations to be able to deny them. Unless you are talking about in the media.

Based on what's being tweeted and being said here, I'm guessing Mason caught JB and Casey in a lie about something and isn't too happy about it. Perhaps maybe even wanting to quit and be done with them and therein lies the problem/legal matter. JMO

According to Mr. Baez only - JA withheld it for 24 hours....a crock...the boss called Ashton at home to blast him....

I think it's interesting that he called Ashton. Wasn't this guy Baez's witness?

You are right. I also saw tweets about that, including Hoover.

You think Mason is making a complaint about his co-counsel?

BBM That would be a smart thing to do, IMO, lest he be brought down with him.

Ni, I don't believe so. JA said the DoD called him and that would be easy enough to disprove - and I really don't think JA would lie on something that was so easily proved.

If they asked JA which phone he got the call on, and he said it was his other cell phone, that doesn't hold a charge, and he switches the sim card, but maybe if they go to Universal....

I can't tell from the tweets if the DT met with ICA after recess was called? Was the screaming and leaving somber before or after court ended??

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
All attys left somber as exiting closed door meeting #caseyanthony Have suspicion but will wait. Not discovery violation issue w #JoseBaez

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
pipitone says he could hear Mason screaming at other def atty & kc. but not what he was saying

I think that's just how he speaks.

@MagpieFromHinky
Pamela pipitone says he could hear Mason screaming at other def atty & kc. but not what he was saying

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Pipitone says the defense atty's were reading the transcript of what happening in chambers & were wide eyed & looked shocked

Could it be that Casey met with the Anthonys and the jail house call was recorded??? Baez approved it and Mason is pissed.

If attorneys lips are sealed per order HHJP, it could be a chance that HHJP has had enough and ordered one of them to spend the day in jail.

I think this is something that originated with Casey. Something that the DT is NOT happy about.

I was watching when the feed first came up. Three deputies came out from the back and I was immediately struck by the looks on their faces. One deputy got on the phone, while another beckoned to Baez to go into the back where Casey was. Then, all of the DT was "summoned" back. They didn't look happy when they all came back out, did they?

I'm with you Deb. I think this has to do with KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BabyGhoul