2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It amazes me that so many people can watch the same thing and hear totally different things. I feel like I'm in bizarro world sometimes. :confused:

MarkNeJame Tweet:
Could be witness tampering allegation, could be threats, issue with a juror, plea, Casey dissatisfaction with her attorney.

Witness tampering and threats would have the SA much more involved and not as more of spectators. I get the impression that while they have been kept informed, they really aren't neck deep in this one. Unless it was something involving the jail? But then you would expect to see a Sheriff involved?

Oh myyyyyyyyyy, I can't believe I missed this! So no witnesses were even called today?

I really like MN but not sure he is cut out to tweet - this is a multiple choice and I would venture to guess that he is an experienced enough attorney to have a more detailed guesstament

IIRC he'd tweeted previously that he was trying to go through a 'process of elimination'.

I listened very carefully to the DOD issue and JP specifically said that he offered to have the witness held, even over DOD threats in the OCSO jail if he refused to stay and the DT wanted that but that the DT said no, we don't want him to lose his job esp. since they had another expert that could testify to almost the same thing. In addition, Rodriguez pretty much would have been impeached b/c of the co-founder of the body farm issue AND it has been reported that he supported the SA claim that the body would have been there for 4-6 months, so I DO NOT think that LKB knows what she is talking about and the DT was happy to let this witness go from a technicality.

As for today, let's look at the facts:
1. The meeting did not involve the SA
2. The meeting had to be sealed
3. ICA was in the meeting in her jail area, not judge's chambers

Therefore, it could not have been a court issue that the SA has a stake in like mistrial, improper reports, perjury charges, etc. It had to do with the DT and ICA.
Then, ICA was smiling at the judge- did she make a claim to CM that JB is messing up her trial? Was there a motion filed through CM to remove JB as lead counsel on the case?
I think it is something personal involving JB and/or ICA and that CM is finally taking charge.
The fact that it was sealed makes me think JP is protecting the reputation of one or both.

Does anyone have screenshots of ICA crying right before this started? Why would she be so upset????

Did JP smile back at KC?

Lol, He did withhold that call. He asked for another day to review depo after that call

Do you have a link?

Because Judge Perry and Jeff Ashton said the opposite of that. TIA

From day one of seeing that pic it just seemed "off" to me. Like the girl in the pic was waaay bigger than Caylee/or even in proportion to the rest of the stuff in the pic. Just something didn't seem right. I don't know. JMO

I have a daughter a few days apart from Caylee and she is on the tall side. She is now 5 and she is barely taller than Caylee appears in that picture. I have thought that it could have been staged. But, wouldn't that come out in rebuttal? Bring a witness in to tell the height based on the bones and compare to the picture?:twocents:

What were the comments in a nutshell???

There's a thread here about it, it was closed until we could obtain transcripts.

Several people say that Geraldo said on O'Reilly that he spoke with Judge Perry about this case yesterday.

I didn't watch O'Reilly, so I am only going on several people who say they saw/heard that. That's about all I know about it--other than Baez and Geraldo are thick as thieves...

MarkNeJame via Twitter, 1 minute ago

"Could be witness tampering allegation, could be threats, issue with a juror, (a) plea, (or) Casey dissatisfaction with her attorney."

(or) CM dissatisfaction with defendant and co-counsel

CM asked for the sidebar that started this

CM seen yelling at JB and ICA

CM loud voice heard

I think CM wants off and that will cause a mistrial unless HHJBP can find a way to continue.

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Pipitone says Ashton is going to his office to do another deposition with Furton. The trial is going on & there is no plea deal

MarkNeJame Mark NeJame
All attys left somber as exiting closed door meeting #caseyanthony Have suspicion but will wait. Not discovery violation issue w #JoseBaez

I would much rather hear his speculation/suspicion than LKBs. Her thoughts are mostly anti-Ashton and mistrials, surprise, surprise.

Are you kidding? I slept in a bit and get up by 10 and it's already over synopsis anyone?

MagpieFromHinky Pamela
Pipitone says Ashton is going to his office to do another deposition with Furton. The trial is going on & there is no plea deal

Gawd how do I get this tweet to all the TH.

Wow - LKB on HLN looking as white as a sheet going blah blah blah - but thinks the DT has done something hinky...and ineffective assistance may be on the table.

She actually said that she thinks the DT has dome something hinky? If so, this is bad!!!
I am listening now and she is talking in circles... the DT readily excused him. Why is she trying to hold on to him...

It sure appears that a member of the legal term will not be available to continue for the day. My guess is Mr. Baez has run into too many legal issues..and may have got on HHJP's last nerve.

But Mr. Baez was back in the courtroom to agree they dismiss for the day. I don't think Mr. Mason came back in after the closed-door meeting.

I think Mr. Mason finally got caught in the vortex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500