2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't HHJP have looked or sounded a bit more perturbed when he recessed the court, LG?

What?

I missed yesterday's testimony. What on earth has the Department of Defense got to do with her? Was she on a top secret DoD mission when she was supposed to work for Universal?

The missing and presumed departed defense expert witness Dr. Rodriguez is an employee of the Defense Department. Following the good doctors initial and brief appearance in court and on HLN, In Session, CNN, Foxnews etc etc etc his employers got wind of it and informed the SA that Defense Department contractor rules prohibit him from giving such testimony as an expert witness, and if he testifies he would lose his day job. JA let the judge and the DT know this, and thats why Dr. Rodriguez did not testify (above and beyond the assorted discovery, perjury and out of area of expertise areas that his testimony would bring).

I just got an email from someone saying fox is reporting that maybe DT has filed a motion asking to recuse the judge....in which case trial has to stop til motion is heard....any thoughts?

Greetings All :) First time posting, but have been lurking for quite a while & following this case from the beginning being that I'm originally from Orlando, but living outside of Baltimore now, so I was intrigued by the "hometown" news, aside from many other aspects of the case that hit close to home, which at some point, I'm sure that I will bring up in future postings...
Anyhow, something about the picture of Caylee (allegedly) reaching up to open the slider door just isn't sitting right with me, so I took a few minutes to sleuth a little bit this morning & try to figure out why it wasn't sitting right? If you look at the evidence pic that the CSI ppl took of Caylee's KNOWN shoes when they went to the house to collect evidence (ie ICA's shoes, clothes, etc) there is not ONE pair of shoes that match the shoes in the new picture, not even close, as all of her shoes appear to be white & for lack of a better term, "girlie". The new pic shows shoes that are more athletic in appearance, like something that an older child would wear? When my girls were Caylee's age (identical twin girls who are 9 years old now), the tennis shoes that were available for their shoe size were fairly similar to the ones pictured in the evidence photos of her KNOWN shoes. Also, I find it odd that in the beginning of the trial, when the CSI experts testified about the photos retrieved from all the cameras & on the hard drives from each computer, they were able to testify to the time/date stamps of those pictures, so why hasn't this been done to the NEW picture that was submitted of her opening the slider?
I have so many thoughts & feelings about this case & the travesty that is occurring regarding this poor little girl's death (murder, IMO), as I said, it hits REALLY close to home, as I lost my son shortly after his 2nd birthday, due to an accident which was caused by someone else's negligence (long story) & I just don't understand HOW this family who supposedly loved this child so much could carry on the way that they have... It's truly sickening & heart wrenching to witness this for me, to say the least :-(
Sorry to rant, I'm glad to be in the company of such wise, intuitive & carrying people who have been brought together to seek justice for this beautiful baby girl....
I missed your post scrolling through so fast ,but saw it quoted.
:grouphug: I am so sorry you lost your precious 2 year old son. How awful that it was due to someone else's neglect .Many of us at WS have lost children ,so you are not alone here.There is not a better group of people to help when you need it! And I mean ALL WSers,not just those who have lost children.
:welcome4:
I have a very hinky feeling about that picture. It's just too perfect for the defense. It's possible that (if it is fake) even the DT didn't know.Maybe CM is just finding out.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is what Lee went to the DT with,to point out it was fake.
Of course there are 101 or more ways we can speculate.
I'm going to shake off my blues and go give my mini horses a bath.
I'll post some pics later just to cheer everyone up! Gotta smile at my Mini Cooper !

As well he should.

That hawk in court yesterday haunted me all night. It haunted me enough that I got up early this morning and modified my last video.

YouTube - ‪The Newest Member of Caylee's Team‬‏

It's my opinion that the spirit of this hawk could be the victim of this senseless crime .
Oh papa - you are the best.

The hawk caught me yesterday as well. I have very personal reasons for believing in the birds and their significance.

My question is now - how long has that hawk been making his appearances on that ledge of that COURTROOM? You can be HHJP knows - that is his courtroom.

With that - I would love to hear from HHJP about other appearances the hawk has made and the "timing" of those appearances. During other key moments of other big trials?

Lord, I would love to sit down and have dinner with HHJP.

Oh and thankx papa - I didn't need to be snottin' and cryin' already today. I gots things to do!

I may need to take a moment out and go look up chlorophyll or chloroform, my 2-yorkies have been sleeping way too much this morning. LOL

Well, make sure you look it up on your computer first so you know what you are looking for...:floorlaugh:

speculation on HLN due to sanction of Baez defendent needed to be
formally informed?

I just got an email from someone saying fox is reporting that maybe DT has filed a motion asking to recuse the judge....in which case trial has to stop til motion is heard....any thoughts?

Sounds like something they might pull. I will hold an opinion as this seems ...well, unlikely.
If they did, they would appear to me they know they have no more substance to the case,than they have already put out there.

Watched that WESH video -- JB in there alone (before anything started) -- then the other attorneys go in. My theory: ICA has decided she wants to plead guilty (maybe Lee got to her yesterday -- hard to imagine she has a conscious but perhaps it's possible). JB is completely opposed -- he's not done with his 15 minutes of fame yet. CM felt the judge needed to be informed so ICA could have the rest of the weekend to think about it. JB tried to talk CM out of telling JBP.

Haven't read this entire thread yet -- so if someone else has same theory, my apologies!

Oh Geez....LKB was expounding on that earlier today on HLN....

maybe this will be better?
DT in ICA holding area seemed odd
HHJP meeting with DT only? odd if true..
LA crying cause he wasn't invited to Baby shower really?
LKB appearing on HLN sans make up and hair? rushed appearance
DR. Baden on FXNWS same time as LKB
Legal matter not personal .
CM telling HHJP about big important matter recently.

Attachments

• dfrgt.jpg
    dfrgt.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 44
No. For something personal like that the reactions among all would be different. KC would be doing her fake pity/sympathy face and not her pouty face. And CM would not be shouting at JB and ICA back in chambers.

Honestly (and only half joking) my first thought was CM approached the court to declare "your honor I was just diagnosed with Alzheimers". But the surrounding actions and reaction just don't add up.

More and more I think that CM either reported some sort of questionable JB act, or simply he wants out and has requested to be allowed to depart.

Are you suggesting that CM is no longer having fun? :crazy:

HELP! Just catching up and watching am video. At 37 5 of the 6 attorneys for SA & DT (except DS) go into the back room with the court reporter-WTH was that about-does anyone know?

Was it right after that that court was dismissed? Sorry, but like I said trying to catch up....

IMO...The A's have been putting on a show to help KC now (staged with lies to create doubt)...I bet Mason knows...Mason wants out now...and is explaining why...which would explain why Baez is trying to stop him from talking to judge...would also explain KC being upset...The pic of the dots...I bet has nothing to do with this sidebar...I bet it is baezs way of concentrating on something else vs the real issue that was being discussed

I also believe it was a mistake to let the family be able to attend/sit in court....I am also disapointed cell phone usage (texting) is allowed..I often wonder if KC is writing to family members telling lawyer what to say to them...JMHO

OR the opposite- she is demanding to testify, which would seem more likely since the DT probably do not want her to testify. The only way this could make a stink is if she wanted to testify that they did not really molest her and JB refuses to let her say that and she is claiming that JB made her lie about that, BUT there is testimony from other people that she has said the thing about LA before, so who knows...

Oh the Defense can't stop her - she can simply stand up at the end of the day when the jury is out and HHJP says anything else folks - and say Your Honor I am ready to testify in my defense.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Whatever is going on the state apparently agreed that that calling off court today was the only remedy. I doubt the judge and state would have agreed to cancel court if this was just sort of illness, ploy by defense, etc...

Yet if it is a "legal matter" what is being done to remedy it right now? If SA went off to take depositions (indicating that the case will continue perhaps) and the DT wandered back to CM's...is it something the judge needs 2 days to research? And what could THAT be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member