2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, what HHP said was he would schedule the motion(s) for mistrial when the SA finished their closing and prior to the jury getting the case. Either before 9am or after 5pm. This isn't the first or last motion filed for mistrial, lol. The contempt issue(s) will be addressed after the trial, normal procedure.

HHJP won't let JB off the case. He would simply take third chair behind Cheney and Anne, who is DP qualified. JBs ego would be bruised, but who cares. There have been many times when we have witnessed the cooling off between ICA and JB since the jury selection. This morning it was evident. She's pizzed.
AZlawyer or Gitana correct me if I am wrong.
That's correct, the judge (any Judge) would not allow an attorney to step down while the trial is still in session. Ususally, they are ordered to finish the case.

I just got here and have read half the thread. Is it true ICA sent a paper to GA and CA and they were all crying? Does anyone think she was begging her dad to lie about the molestation since LA didn't?

Had not heard that!..guess I need to start at the beginning and read.. I did that the other day when Cindy testified and I was so pizzed when I started reading, by the time I was finished, I had given myself a migraine!

Papa, this photo has a "staged" feel to it. Whatta coinkydink there's an actual picture of Caylee opening a door to the pool area. Also, look at her feet. I have a slider like that and it's heavy. I believe a child would have to PLANT her feet to have enough PUSH to slide that door open, as upper body strength isn't developed in a child that small.

MOO and stuff.

That picture is just plain weird. Why would anyone want a picture like that, it doesn't even show a face. I have 3 boys and have never been tempted to snap a photo of their backs while closing my sliding door.

That's correct, the judge (any Judge) would not allow an attorney to step down while the trial is still in session. Ususally, they are ordered to finish the case.

Even IF the Judge sees an overturned case on the horizon? Is there nothing he can do?

I didn't see anyone at all crying today, and I've watched it live and then a second time taped on wesh where they showed GA and CA for quite a while, and iCA in close up.

ICA blew and picked her nose, threw out the tissue and was done with it - no tears, no eye wiping or poking. Just your average nose blow and then some digging around in her nose with the tissue. Face blank. Not even her horns were showing, no forehead wrinkles.

And then many minutes of ICA looking blankly at computer screens and chatting to DS next to her and then looking around as attorneys came in. She didn't look remotely upset, or happy, or anything. Her typical court face.

CA was in the gallery next to GA, and she was chatting very animatedly to the young man sitting on her other side (other side than GA). CA smiled a lot in that conversation. GA looked bored, perhaps serious and lost in thought at times, blew his nose as if he had allergies or something -not continuously, just once or twice, and was chatting and gesturing totally normally around the courtroom, or staring blankly, or looking at something in his lap (bible?).

If someone cried, it wasn't on the WESH broadcast.

My impression was that GA was weepy.During that time when he continues to wipe his nose,he leans back and gives a shudder/huge sigh.He appeared distressed to me. JMO.

I noticed the prosecution did not go after Cindy's first of her lies in the trial yesterday. When the prosecution brought in the hair evidence. There Cindy claimed IN GREAT DETIAL how her hair was long back at the time of the murder. And it could and probably was her hair found in the truck of the car. Gee yesterday there is Cindy with her even shorter hair than now out in the pool with Caylee. Nailing to hair down to Caylee is important. So why not get rid of Cindy as a possible source right there? Casey's hair is brown. That would leave it only as Caylee, as the possible source. As for Cindy and her long lair lie, well find a picture of her in long hair. Good luck on that impossible search.
I saw that testimony. CA SAID her hair was "color treated" when it was long. I don't think she lied about her hair.
I also saw a picture of a younger CA & GA, yes, her hair was long.

Does it matter if he skimmed over it? Isn't the door open?

On the legal thread, a lawyer said that Cindy bringing it up the way she did is not opening the door...because she just said it on her own, not the same as if a lawyer says it, like CM did...

I guess I mean the defense team..or Casey..Again I apologize because this has probably been asked and answered...just not clear under what circumstances if any JB could be removed..at least as lead..

JB cannot voluntarily remove himself from the case. No lawyer can quit during trial. casey could try to fire her attorneys mid-trial but even that is hard to do. It is not always granted. Usually, the judges will work hard to prevent that from happening. So, even if casey requested it, HHJP has the right to say no and then casey would have to deal with it.

My impression was that GA was weepy.During that time when he continues to wipe his nose,he leans back and gives a shudder/huge sigh.He appeared distressed to me. JMO.

I saw his sighs, but very often when they show GA in the gallery he's sighing deeply like that, sort of in that, "okay, just do this" sort of way.

According to Mason he had been giving Baez tips and advice for months prior to joining and this would have been before Judge Perry was on the case, so I don't think Perry had anything to do with Mason joining. I do think Mason is not keeping up with the pace that seems quite obvious, he does not look well, he looks exhausted.

yes he does..and did you see when he had his hand over his face today at one point..I got the impression it was because of whatever Jose was saying at that moment..It was like he was thinking..'Oh my God, I can't believe this' like he was embarrassed <my impression only..

I haven't seen today's court proceedings yet, but wondered about something...

When HHJP announced that court was in recess until Monday, what was his demeanor?

He has been very vigilante in trying NOT to inconvenience this jury and they already lost a full day on Monday, half day on Wednesday, and because of that, were expected to work FULL DAY today...

So did he seem somewhat angry at having no choice to recess court....or something else?

Just wondering....

You know HHJP. He's hard to read. But he seemed okay. I think.

According to Mason he had been giving Baez tips and advice for months prior to joining and this would have been before Judge Perry was on the case, so I don't think Perry had anything to do with Mason joining. I do think Mason is not keeping up with the pace that seems quite obvious, he does not look well, he looks exhausted.

True, but even if it was when JS was involved, I'm sure HHJP knew all about the shenanigans going on, and as the head of that circuit court, may have wanted Mason plugged in as a preemptive measure, even before JS decided to recuse himself when it got out of hand (after listening to LKB's ridiculous diatribes recently on HLN about how HHJP is making mistakes and is biased, I'm wondering if she was the one who gave JB the idea to go after Strickland to begin with). This case has probably been a thorn in the side of the state since Day 31.

They can, can't they?! Dogs are freaking amazin'! I learn so much from mine--ja-- I'm a idjet but I have smart, awesome dogs! :p

Sorry, just adore the chit outta my pups. Kids are grown and the pups now are the babies... :crazy:

I adore my dogs and I even give them dentashield biscuits, active ingredient chlorophyll to help freshen their breath. :)

JB cannot voluntarily remove himself from the case. No lawyer can quit during trial. casey could try to fire her attorneys mid-trial but even that is hard to do. It is not always granted. Usually, the judges will work hard to prevent that from happening. So, even if casey requested it, HHJP has the right to say no and then casey would have to deal with it.

but the Judge can't request that Mason take over? I'm worried gitana...sometimes I wonder if JB is this ignorant and arrogant..or if knows it's a lost cause and he's going for it so that it will be overturned..

You have nicer eyes than I do. I basically thought he was using a kleenex to pick his nose at least three times. Digging for gold stuff. But ITA, he did seem distressed. I imagine this is all getting to him all over again. The suspense is awful for them all. Although CA certainly was chatting animatedly with the guy next to her.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered - I can't keep up with this thread!

For what purpose would the Judge and court reporter have need to do work related to the case in which the SA and DT would not be present? HHJBP and the CR took off at the end while all the attorneys remained in the courtroom packing up.

Just curious . . .

It had happened once before and the SA agreed not to pursue it because it wasn't worth the risk of an opportunity for appeal. Even HHJP told the defense that the SA had given them a free pass or something along those lines.

It was a mistake by Cindy NOT the DT. CM is another story. HE KNOWS BETTER.

BUT......After a certain point.....free passes expire.

Perhaps an attorney could weigh in as I am not one and don't want to offer incorrect info.

I didn't remember it happened before and they were given a pass. I just thought once the words came out in someone's testimony, the door was opened. Using whatever the Defense opens the door to is one thing (I'm wanting that mack truck to run right over Casey). I guess the Prosecution keeping their ultimate goal in mind is another.

Based on GA's visits with CA to the police and Grand Jury testimony maybe George is still not sure he is jumping on the ICA/JB train.

On the other hand GA has things he doesn't want to come to light and he IMO is fearful of Cindy.

George appears in court but seems to be disassociating to things going on around him at times.

Thinking GA could be a wild card on recross by the State.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered - I can't keep up with this thread!

For what purpose would the Judge and court reporter have need to do work related to the case in which the SA and DT would not be present? HHJBP and the CR took off at the end while all the attorneys remained in the courtroom packing up.

Just curious . . .

His Honor had to tell the jury on the record there would be no court today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther