2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got here and have read half the thread. Is it true ICA sent a paper to GA and CA and they were all crying? Does anyone think she was begging her dad to lie about the molestation since LA didn't?

I haven't seen today's court proceedings yet, but wondered about something...

When HHJP announced that court was in recess until Monday, what was his demeanor?

He has been very vigilante in trying NOT to inconvenience this jury and they already lost a full day on Monday, half day on Wednesday, and because of that, were expected to work FULL DAY today...

So did he seem somewhat angry at having no choice to recess court....or something else?

Just wondering....
I have seen it played several times, and he seems congenial, friendly, and calm.

Interesting that CA stated the dogs were acting tired and she thought it had to do with them eating the bamboo.....hence her searches for chloroform.

Maybe KC was practicing with chloroform on the dogs??

He was serious but not angry. IMO he was focused on the importance of getting the jury sent back to the hotel and attending to very important business. The court LE even encouraged all the gallery and media to leave the courtroom.

I have trouble reading Judge Perry..Often, I *think* I have an idea, but he has a good poker face imo..Which is good for a Judge..not so much for us!

Here's what I think is happening. There was talk between DT and ICA last night about possibly asking SA about a plea deal. SB says "No way is Jose is going to agree to a plea deal....didn't do it before and I'm not doing it now". They get into court this morning and here we go again with JB possibly looking at more reasons to justify the possible contempt charge. JP says "It looks like some things never change" right after inferring that JB is yet again in violation of his order. CM and ICA become further outraged when JB is insistent on proceeding with the witness. CM then speaks to the JP about the conversations of the night before, indicating that both he and ICA want JB to step down as lead and JP tells them to work it out. This is where CM gets loud, behind closed doors, and threatens to step down if JB won't. When they all left for a meeting in CM's office, it was to work out the details and the paperwork that would allow CM to take over.
Be on the lookout for KC to plead guilty to a lesser charge. I think it's possible JA could have gotten himself into a bargaining position and CM is taking full advantage.
At any rate, I'm comfortable enough with this scenario to get myself off of this computer and do something productive! Have a great day ya'll.

CM had something BIG to tell HHJP no clue as to what that was.
CM doesn't like Saturday work
CM and JB in ICA holding cell/room
CM heard yelling
Defence and Prosecution AGREE on whatever IT is
CM & DT meeting with HHJP alone
CM and ICA don't seem to get along that well
CM I believe wouldn't go along with any extreme monkey business
CM and JB seemed distance after leaving court
CM wife I read was in court I know zero about her or them
CM to me seems to be phoning it in from the start I thought maybe he was just DP Dude
Legal matter not personal
SEALED
LA crying
Anthony's Lawyer suddenly injecting himself into the mix
ICA crying without audience
Many sketchy witnesses being lined up lately

Where did you hear CM ws heard yelling? I don't see where ICA and CM didn't get along in fact I see them getting alone very well.

Interesting that CA stated the dogs were acting tired and she thought it had to do with them eating the bamboo.....hence her searches for chloroform.

Maybe KC was practicing with chloroform on the dogs??

Very same thing crossed my mind!..or that the one dog got into something she was using to *practice* or experiment with..and being such a small dog, it wouldn't take much..

I missed this morning's drama, had to run my DH to the hospital. I am confused as to why court is in recess. If anyone could give me some possible reasons (I realize it's speculation at this point), I would greatly appreciate ! TIA !

I have tried to read some of the previous pages, on this thread, but am still left confused.

gitana, does that mean that they HAVE to ride it out with JB and let the chips fall where they may? I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been asked...I truly don't trust myself to read much..I like it here @ WS and want to stay...

I'm not clear about what you are asking. Who is "they"?

I heard that too. WTH does THAT mean?:floorlaugh:
:fence:

I laughed. It means that this is a very inexperienced attorney. Judge Perry actually instructed him, in front of the jury, after that, word for word, how to lay a foundation to get the picture authenticated by CA. Perry knew JB needed help after that! Wow!

Where did you hear CM ws heard yelling? I don't see where ICA and CM didn't get along in fact I see them getting alone very well.

Kathy Belich reported it I believe..at least reported it to B. Shaeffer and he commented on it.. She was inside the courtroom at the time..

OK.First of all..CA talks very fast..I only got bits and pieces up to where she leaves the courtroom..
the gentleman said something about a child and CA said-yes my daughter did to
then she says one time she..but I could not read what she said
later she asks him if he saw something yesterday and he said yes and she got heseite.(sp)she did say hi to someone in front of her to.it look to me like they were talking about something children do when little.George looks like he has a cold.sorry guys I tried to get as much as I could,I will look some more for ya..

Syra, Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I'm not good at it and prolly' was way off base. Thanks Again!

I think you hit it exactly- My mom's generation (she is 62- babyboomer) calls their parents folks, I am 37 and my generation and the younger ones do not. LA is 28, which struck me as odd. It could be a north/south issue as well- I grew up in Chicago and have live in CO for 16 years now and most people in the midwest/west do not say folks. I love that sort of thing so it sticks out in my mind.. :)

The Anthomy family is from Ohio. My step-son uses the word "folks" and we're from Washington state. I don't think it matters where you're from. I think it matters what term is used in a family or by a person.

From what I can gather events happened like this...

- Baez goes into lock up room that ICA always come out of. I saw Baez sit down and wait as if ICA wasn't even in the room yet. I commented about it at the time because I thought it was funny as it suited him to be in that room, it was also the first time I'd been able to see him sit down because the outside door was left open for so long.

- Not long after, it would only have been a minute or two, Mason, Sims, Fryer go into room and Sims sits down next to Baez but she is next to the window, I can see Baez's head beside her.

- The door opens occasionally and it appears as if people have moved or have left the lock up room but are waiting in the hallway, as Mason is now nearest the door.

- A very short time later Mason comes out the courtroom door, but you can see Sims standing in the hallway (she may have been outside for a while so ICA could talk to Mason privately?). Baez is behind Mason at this point and they both enter the courtroom. Sims is still in the hallway and you can see ICA and Fryer talking in the lock up room, so whatever they are saying Sims can't hear it.

- ICA then comes out less than a minute later followed by Fryer and then Sims. ICA is still looking at Baez just before the Judge comes in so I don't think it is related to Baez, whatever is happening.

The Judge then comes in and Ashton talks about violations again, Baez gets his panties in a twist and Mason looks mortified.

- Mason then says he has an entirely different subject to talk to the judge about - ICA's eyes takes some big looks at Mason then she has a chat to Sims.

- Whatever Mason is saying it is obvious that Baez doesn't want him to say it and then Baez pulls Mason aside for a little bit then they join the sidebar again and Baez pats Mason on the back.

- The prosecutors sit down, Baez is looking worried and I think Sims tells ICA she has to go out the back. Fryer Sims Baez and Mason all follow ICA, back to talk to the Judge or to talk with their client alone without the Judge.

- Defense team come back out then ICA comes out, talks to no one and sits down, reads something at the table.

- Baez Mason LDB FG and Jeff are all in a huddle discussing something but it is Mason doing most of the talking they then come to an agreement and they all leave and go out the back with court reporter. About a minute later Medina comes up to ICA and tells her to join the other lawyers out the back. As ICA follows Medina out back you can just about see the guard let them in the lock up room.

- Some time later Fryer is back in the courtroom and has picked up her computer to show someone something- this is as ICA enters again and is gesticulating madly to Medina about something, as ICA comes in she doesn't even make eye contact with Fryer - she is really pizzed about something and she sits next to Sims. So the only defense lawyers out the back just before were Baez Mason and Medina- ICA was out back that time for about 20 mins.

- Sitting in the courtroom now are Medina Fryer talking a lot and ICA having a talk to Sims and William is flitting around.

- About 10 mins later Baez and Mason come out, Mason goes right past ICA without looking at her and goes straight up to Fryer, ICA is just looking at Baez. In front of ICA, Judge Perry pulls Baez and LDB over to him and says something to them both.

- Judge then calls a recess due to legal issue that has arisen.

- Baez and Mason are packing up and not talking or looking at each other. ICA tries to go around the back of Baez to talk to Mason, Baez looks like he tells her not to but she does anyway. ICA has a chat to Mason and Baez looks at camera looks like he doesn't like it, so he leans right down on the desk to talk to Sims and possibly put a stop to ICA talking to Mason.

- It looks like Mason pulls away first from chat with ICA. Judge Perry comes back from jury and ICA gives him a big smile, after this she leans forward and maybe tries to get Masons attention but doesn't and she leaves just after this as she goes she says nothing to Fryer but something to someone out of camera range which is probably Baez.

So the issue appears to be Mason related - ICA doesn't seem to be in a bad mood with Baez, despite his mess ups.
What site were you watching I would like to see all this, as I missed the beginning today.ty

Did anyone else notice LKB's appearance on TV today.

LKB...not to ever be confused with Linda Drane Burdick......looked like she hadn't slept in days.

LKB always has on a "full face" of makeup.....and at times.....a "face and a half". Today, she looked pale and as if she didn't bother.
Absolutely. Earlier I commented it seemed to me she rushed right into a studio to cover the story like the news anchors did on 9-11: such drama in her world.

I've had enough...this is just a load of ...... fill in the blanks. If I say anything more then I will never be able to post again. Monday, will be no better. Casey Anthony is never going to go away...Florida and the US will be paying for this woman for the next 50 years. (FBI agents time and expenses are paid by all US Citizens.)

The more attention she and JB get the more they want. It is disgusting the waste they continue to lay.

John Adams defended Captain Preston, when it certainly wasn't the popular thing to do. It didn't quite come out how most would have wanted but it was honest. In the end, it all worked to our benefit :)

I can hate the hades out of someone but every single person deserves the best defense ever, guilty or not. May Casey have the best defense available in this world, eack of us deserve NOTHING less.

I'm so fed up I can barely stand it! The Anthony's and JB have turned this trial into a nightmare! I can't believe that HBPJ let JB talked to him in such a disrespectful manner. I hope and pray that JB has gone too far this time and that he's in serious trouble.

So much for a full day :(

I'm not clear about what you are asking. Who is "they"?

I laughed. It means that this is a very inexperienced attorney. Judge Perry actually instructed him, in front of the jury, after that, word for word, how to lay a foundation to get the picture authenticated by CA. Perry knew JB needed help after that! Wow!

I guess I mean the defense team..or Casey..Again I apologize because this has probably been asked and answered...just not clear under what circumstances if any JB could be removed..at least as lead..

I'm so fed up I can barely stand it! The Anthony's and JB have turned this trial into a nightmare! I can't believe that HBPJ let JB talked to him in such a disrespectful manner. I hope and pray that JB has gone too far this time and that he's in serious trouble.

So much for a full day :(

Oh, he will pay..and pay dearly I hope..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637