2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else notice LKB's appearance on TV today.

LKB...not to ever be confused with Linda Drane Burdick......looked like she hadn't slept in days.

LKB always has on a "full face" of makeup.....and at times.....a "face and a half". Today, she looked pale and as if she didn't bother.

As I said I just don't know. I have HLN on and it has my head spinning listening to what everyone thinks. They do not seem to have a clue either.
Casey has to be senteneced, she has to and I am not talking manslaughter.

Mr. Mason put Dep. Ryan Eberlin on the stand to establish that KC had been placed in handcuffs. CM gave no explanation for the cuff incident leaving the jury with the impression that KC was cuffed relating to Caylee.

CM opened the door to KC's prior charges relating to Credit card fraud / theft.

It was not the first time the DT opened the door on that topic.

The SA used the door to bring in the fact that CA had stated she was ready to press charges against KC for credit card use. They had to clear up the fact that KC was not cuffed relating to Caylee's being missing.

Didn't Cindy say in her direct exam with JB that Casey "was arrested on check charges"?

http://www.wftv.com/video/28356011/index.html

At about the 6:20 mark........read Cindy's lips, does she say the word PLEA? Or am I crazy?

OK.First of all..CA talks very fast..I only got bits and pieces up to where she leaves the courtroom..
the gentleman said something about a child and CA said-yes my daughter did to
then she says one time she..but I could not read what she said
later she asks him if he saw something yesterday and he said yes and she got heseite.(sp)she did say hi to someone in front of her to.it look to me like they were talking about something children do when little.George looks like he has a cold.sorry guys I tried to get as much as I could,I will look some more for ya..

You could be right which is why JP made sure to mention that ending court early had nothing to do with the issue of the testimony of that one witness. Meaning he does not want it asssumed that JB was fired due to his mistakes on the new discovery info.

I've been talking to my son in law who is a defense attorney (but hasn't followed the case) about my fear that if Cheney Mason didn't take over that this case would be overturned on appeal. Knowing only what I have told him, he seems to think it could be a good possibility..I'm trying my best to get him to sit down and watch a bit to give me a better idea of what he thinks. I need to go check the verified atty thread, I'm sure they have weighed in..I am VERY concerned about that happening!

I haven't seen today's court proceedings yet, but wondered about something...

When HHJP announced that court was in recess until Monday, what was his demeanor?

He has been very vigilante in trying NOT to inconvenience this jury and they already lost a full day on Monday, half day on Wednesday, and because of that, were expected to work FULL DAY today...

So did he seem somewhat angry at having no choice to recess court....or something else?

Just wondering....

remember, all week CM was hinting that he has "concerns" for Saturday.. first, he was worried about Jury's needs for eatting......... what else?

Hey I was just asking my husband if he remembered that same thing! Hmmm, I remember at the time feeling that CM seemed insistent not to work this Saturday, and mentioned it with a laugh to my husband that CM had something better to do this weekend.

Does anyone remember what day the judge was semi-chuckling and saying that he was sure provisions would be made for the jurors on Saturday?

From the article I cited:

Judge Ann Aldrich huddled with lawyers in her chambers for four hours Monday, trying to patch up the crumbled relationship between the defendant and his defense team.
Aldrich has the power to order the trial to resume -- with or without Zgoznik's approval -- but she clearly would prefer to strike an accord and to ease the defendant's hostility.
The defense lawyers and prosecutors are supposed to meet with the judge later today to provide an update. She told the jury to return on Thursday expecting to hear testimony.
Aldrich told the jury that the delay was caused by a problem with witnesses -- which was technically true. After Rotatori and Gragel told them to report to court on Monday, Zgoznik called them and told them not to appear because he was firing Rotatori and the trial would be delayed.
Zgoznik, 40, of Kirtland Hills, is charged with multiple counts of conspiracy, money laundering, mail fraud and obstruction of justice. Smith, 50, of Avon, will stand trial on the same charges at a later date.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2007/09/former_diocesan_accountant_tri.html

And this:

The federal court trial of a former accountant for the Diocese of Cleveland was postponed Monday after the defendant, Anton Zgoznik, refused to participate and tried to fire his lawyers.
Court officials characterized Zgoznik's problem as a panic attack on the morning he was scheduled to mount his defense against charges he paid $784,000 in kickbacks to the diocese's former top lawyer and chief financial officer, Joseph Smith.
Zgoznik's supporters said he didn't panic, but feared he would be convicted and imprisoned for crimes he maintains he didn't commit.
Smith, who has attended the four-week trial in U.S. District Court, said Zgoznik had grown increasingly dissatisfied with his defense attorneys, Robert Rotatori and Susan Gragel. The defendant was especially upset with Rotatori's restrained cross-examination of Bishop Anthony Pilla and the Rev. John Wright about two weeks ago.
"Anton's the most stubborn person I know," Smith said. "Once he makes up his mind, he's not going to change it. He doesn't think Rotatori is being aggressive enough."

I dont think he is not being honest about "someone " calling him....back.

I also have no doubt that whoever it was that called him had his number.

The person in the DOD who had the power to fire Rodriquez would have NO PROBLEM reaching Ashton.

gitana, does that mean that they HAVE to ride it out with JB and let the chips fall where they may? I'm sorry, I'm sure this has been asked...I truly don't trust myself to read much..I like it here @ WS and want to stay...

When HHJP announced that court was in recess until Monday, what was his demeanor?

He has been very vigilante in trying NOT to inconvenience this jury and they already lost a full day on Monday, half day on Wednesday, and because of that, were expected to work FULL DAY today...

So did he seem somewhat angry at having no choice to recess court....or something else?

Just wondering....

He was serious but not angry. IMO he was focused on the importance of getting the jury sent back to the hotel and attending to very important business. The court LE even encouraged all the gallery and media to leave the courtroom.

:floorlaugh: Yesterday he said something like "does that picture accurately reflect what it's a picture of?" (Those weren't the exact words, but you get the idea!) Me: WTF? :waitasec:

I heard that too. WTH does THAT mean?:floorlaugh:
:fence:

I wish that the judge wouldn't have sealed the records about what happened in chambers. I'd like to know what happened. The speculation is overwhelming. Baez doesn't look like he's trying to finalize a plea deal. He also doesn't look like he's been sanctioned again or pushed out. I want to know!

Welcome to the board Ninja!!..You will really like it here!!

I have been rather enjoying the spinning of possibilities here..but have to agree with those that trust Judge Perry knows what is necessary to protect the rights of the accused and integrety of the trial...I have much admiration for Judge Perry:great:

Tend to believe whatever was discussed needed to be sealed to protect ICA's rights..so it has to be somethingto do on an "Administrative Legal Level", rather than evidenciary or conduct level..Who knows?..guess we will all have to wait til Monday to get the true picture:innocent:

I've had enough...this is just a load of ...... fill in the blanks. If I say anything more then I will never be able to post again. Monday, will be no better. Casey Anthony is never going to go away...Florida and the US will be paying for this woman for the next 50 years. (FBI agents time and expenses are paid by all US Citizens.)

The more attention she and JB get the more they want. It is disgusting the waste they continue to lay.

Eh, I don't believe the jurors were talking. Maybe they saw something funny? Like a picture of the hawk attacking JB?

Or, is it special break time yet? or Is the dessert lady here again? Or when am I going to wake up and this trial is only a nightmare?

The person in the DOD who had the power to fire Rodriquez would have NO PROBLEM reaching Ashton.

EXACTLY!!!! When JB said he found it hard to believe that they were working on at that hour or something like that...I was floored!! WTH hours does JB think the DOD works?

Papa, this photo has a "staged" feel to it. Whatta coinkydink there's an actual picture of Caylee opening a door to the pool area. Also, look at her feet. I have a slider like that and it's heavy. I believe a child would have to PLANT her feet to have enough PUSH to slide that door open, as upper body strength isn't developed in a child that small.

MOO and stuff.

She has one hand on the wall supporting her weight. Because of that and her stance it's my thought that the girl in this picture is closing the door, not opening it.

Just wondering....

I missed it too but saw a replay and no he did not seem angry. Basically legal business had to be addressed and that was it.
I did not see CM,JB or Casey or anyone on how they acted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DryHeat77